It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama repeated "Allah Akbar" as he climbed the pyramid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Don't know if the subtitles are true or not, but it appears that Zahi Hawass is saying that Obama kept repeating "Allah Akbar" as he climbed the pyramid.

The audio is out of time with the video, but that happens sometimes on Youtube videos.

Can anyone on here confirm that the subtitles are accurate? Or if the audio is genuine?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Can anyone on here confirm that the subtitles are accurate? Or if the audio is genuine?

I'm no expert...but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say....NO.

I didn't even see any subtitles.
edit on 9-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
what does that video have to do with obama

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Video - No translation = Fail.

Maybe you can find a LINK with the same information - one we can read in English?

Until then this is nothing but hogwash - material for the HOAX department - or better yet - the trash.

peace

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Audio is way off and no subtitles appear at all.

It is 'Allahu Akbar' anyway.

Busted?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"fox you.net"??????

just my opinion but its highly suspect

edit on 9-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you click interactive transcript on the bottom right corner.. you can see the translation (you have to go to the youtube page).

Not sure if its accurate tho

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

I'm no expert...but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say....NO.

I didn't even see any subtitles.
edit on 9-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

I agree.

If you go to the youtube page and watch the video there you can click on teh little "cc" symbol blow the video towards the right of the frame. This will turn on the subtitles.

Some of the words tally with what is being said, but as I don't speak the language all I can confirm is that they say, and the subtitles also say Allah Akbar..Al Salamu Alaykom" I know that Allah Akbar means something like Glory to God, I don't know what thhe other bit means.... Anyone?

edit on 9-2-2011 by Shamatt because: said left, meant right! lol

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

In the video, there is a logo in the upper right-hand side that says "Moga." I did some research and poking around online to try to figure out what Moga is. Most of the sites I found are in Arabic. Using Google Translate, I was able to discern that Moga is some sort of an Arabic comedy talk show. The main site for the show is www.mogacomedy.tv.

The guy who is talking about Obama is the newly appointed Egyptian Minister of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass. He is a very well known archaeologist and egyptologist who has appeared on several different shows on the NatGeo Channel, the Discovery Channel, and the History Channel. He is melodramatic, expressive, and very amusing and entertaining to watch, but he kind of comes off as a bit of an overbearing jerk sometimes, judging from the 3 or 4 shows I've seen him in on the aforementioned channels. Here is a link to his website: www.drhawass.com

My conclusion from the video you posted and the other ones of the Moga show is that they are meant to be viewed as comedy (since Moga is, afterall, a comedy talk show!), much like Conan O'Brian, The Colbert Report, or the British Graham Norton show. So there you have it: Hawass was making a joke about his visit with Obama.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i found another clip here it is

the interviewer is asking hawas did obama really ask you if there was red mercury in there ? then hawas laughed and said no the funny thing is when we were coming down from the pyramid he started saying allahu akbar assalamu alykum translated (allaah is great peace to you all) with out any reason , so the interviewer laughed and said so did he become a muslim at that time ? both laughed and hawas said again no really without any reason just looking at the people and saying those words but he was a very nice person.

that's it and really im surprised , and don't know what to say

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I know some people like this Obama guy. They constantly going around like chameleons just trying to appeal to evwrybodies' egos by saying things that they think flatters an individual but really just makes the people see them as this huge piece of human plastic. The thing is they are so full of themselves and so out of touch with real people they never ever realize it. Sad. Nah, its annoying...that's what it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ah, Zahi Hawass.

Dude has a sincere and respectable drive to preserve and protect Egypt's past.

He also has a really bad habit of speaking from between the wrong cheeks in in effort to make himself look like a rock star, and everyone around him a no-account chimpanzee with a brain tumor.

I'll believe what he says about Egyptian antiquities. Anything else is like believing that Uncle Merv really did catch a hundred-pound bass that got away.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Honestly speaking and with all due respect, why does it matter? All Allahu Akbar means is God is Greatest, which I am sure all religions agree with that sentiment in regards to their own religious beliefs.

When Pope John Paul II visited the middle east, they held an outdoor daytime service. During the service, the loudspeakers kicked in announcing a call to prayer. The Pope stopped the service and prayed during the announcements, and picked it back up when the announcements stopped.

Does that make him Muslim or Jewish?

Sometimes in life its the small gestures, which is not required, that results in epic change.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Dr UAE

I know some people like this Obama guy. They constantly going around like chameleons just trying to appeal to evwrybodies' egos by saying things that they think flatters an individual but really just makes the people see them as this huge piece of human plastic. The thing is they are so full of themselves and so out of touch with real people they never ever realize it. Sad. Nah, its annoying...that's what it is.

It really annoys me when people says stuff like this. You don't like Obama. We get it. No need to turn everything he says or does into poison. Where I come from people like it when others can greet them in their own language, or even manage a phrase or two they have learnt. Moslem colleagues or friends greet me with "salaam" and I usually respond with "salaam". It doesn't make me a moslem or a chameleon.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Holy Jesus! He must be a terrorist then!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
God forbid we have a non-christian president >.>

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Perhaps if we had a better source than Hawass...

Impossible to tell what is truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Even if he said it, it doesn't make him non-Christian or anything else.

When in Rome.........or Egypt, so as the Egyptians do.

If there is any supernatural power to the pyramids, and if there is any chant or incantation that helps harness it, then I think any of us would be willing to say just about anything to see if it is true.

I never understodd, what is the difference between saying Praise the Lord, or saying Glory be to Allah? Exact same thing in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It doesn't make me a moslem or a chameleon.
reply to post by Lannock

No. You are not here in the US looking at this illegitimate usurper of the throne, listening to his incessant babble. The Egyptian men laughed at him, they stated why they laughed, and repeated it again. God did not build those pyramids man did. He just wanted to say something in Arabic. Relevant or not. Would you like if I was sitting at your table and just started babbling out Affrrikanner just to prove I knew some words? I understand your point. I speak some Arabic, some Cantonese, and Spanish. I use it when there is a language barrier. I don't use it to impress. I am not easily amused as I am sure you are not. It has nothing to do with his respect for other people. It has to do with utility. Respect? He has none. Its all about "look at me" with this guy. Do you not remember his Nobel Prize speech to the new awardee he mentioned he received it last year at least a half a dozen times, right? Liek we forgot. Look, this man went around campaigning telling LIES to the American people about investigating torture, ending the wars, changing things, hope, blah,blah...that is why he was given the award , he loves to hear himself speak. There is nothing about him that deserved that award that is why he had to reitterate that he got it becasue he had to reassure himself he deserved it. He is the anti-American. We do not bow to dignitaries of other countries. We have protocol, we have respect, but we don't do alot of things this charlatan does. One being a brown noser at the expense of looking like a fool. Bush did enough damage. PS Another thing you didn't vote for the guy, Afrikaaner so kkep out from between two Americans. I pay the guy to work for me, you don't. I am entitled to my opinion. My opinion is he should be impeached.
edit on 9-2-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by sirjunlegun because: grammar, well..still bad I am sure

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just imagine if America ever tries to elect an Atheist president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join