It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a longer look at "TIME"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I would first like to apologize for a lack of overall direction in my article, I hope readers can enjoy it and take it for it's mind-expanding purpose. Please enjoy.

For all of "time" we have marveled over the elusiveness, the beauty, the reasoning of it in the first place. Time has helped us chart history, it has helped us unite as civilizations to accomplish more work. Time has helped us record phenomena, it has given us a sense of order in our lives. Of course time has its downfalls as well, nobody enjoys the stress of being late, or the stress of not having enough time to complete their desired tasks. Some dread the thought of waiting years before retiring, or years before graduating. All of this time is relative;

(A) We look at time by era, the century, the decade, the year, the month, the week, the day, the hour, the minute, the second, the millisecond and so forth down into the trapping of something I would consider, "conscious time". At some point, the scale of time becomes so small and occurs so rapidly that it separates from being a part of time, it is so infinitesimally small that it is literally irrelevant to reality. (Do the smallest increments of time correlate to the speed of light?)

(B)Our measurement of time is similar to our perception of size - it is so fascinating that no matter what scale you observe, there is always a reality present there with space and dimensions. When you look at the inside of a cell there are dimensions visible, there are spaces between objects. Also, when you look at our galaxy, you see dimensions as well, space between systems of stars, planets etc. (See Figure 1-1)

(C)We observe time as what is relevant to us as humans; most commonly - the minute if not the hour. Seconds are far too short to pertain to us throughout our day while the concept of a day is far to long for us to consider. What do smaller organisms perceive as time?

When we go into microscopic sizes, the perspective of minutes and hours seems far too large, do they not?

When you observe a standard brain cell, do you think it functions at the same rate as the universe as a whole? How could time be constant between the two?

Conscious Time
When the measurement of time becomes infinitely small, it is as if matter has become infinitely small(subatomic particles and anything smaller than can be imagined), both resulting in pure consciousness. Conscious Time appears to be the core of all that exists but more significantly, the shell as well. The infinitely small and the infinitely large are one in the same.

Micro and Macro Time
Electrons are to Planets as Nuclei are to Stars
I am surely not the only philosopher to be drawn to the similarity of orbiting matter. The thought of planets as subatomic particles in the atoms of universal chemicals that make up the cosmic god or universal beings. We as humans are simply micro gods. We are full of micro universes.

-Consider this...
At the Macro stage our earth orbits the sun in one YEAR (~365 Days, each day ~ 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 864,000 seconds, etc.) Our earth is at a certain point in relation to our sun at any measure of time. With the exception of tilt and seasonal changes etc, we will be in the same relative place at each time every year - Winter and summer solstice for instance.

(Please excuse my lack of scientific knowledge, it's been many years sense chem class.)
At the Micro stage we have electrons "orbiting" a nucleus of protons and neutrons, are they at the same place at every moment in time? Science claims that they are not but I believe that they could be and here is why...

If we observe ourselves in summer solstice on june 22nd every year, we understand that our perspective of time correlates to the summer solstice occurring at the "same time" every year. Again though, as humans - at our scale, hours and minutes are important to us day by day. To an electron orbiting the nucleus of an atom, how could we possibly expect that to occur at the same speed that our earth orbits our sun. - Of course I am speaking relatively, but wouldn't it make more sense to understand the perception of "time" at the subatomic level before claiming that electrons are completely erratic and unpredictable?

Regardless of the speed at which the planets and the electrons travel, our reality is micro and macro. We humans are simply a small fuzz of consciousness on the eletron of a universal being.

That sounds like some sort of religious ramble but the only enlightenment we can gain from that fact is that TIME is only relative to our perception. TIME is dependent of scale AND perspective - We talk about galaxies that are light-years away... A light-year is the DISTANCE(measure of material perception) that LIGHT(energy) travels(moves through dimensional space) over the course of a YEAR(365 days - 8760 hours - 525,600 minutes - 31.5 million seconds).

The interesting part is that when we look ZOOM OUT into space LIGHT-YEARS away, we make ourselves smaller in perspective to what we are observing. Just as the mitochondria of a cell is microscopic to the eye of a scientist, but infinity massive to the subatomic particles within it.

What does all this seem to mean?

Time to us is, 4:30 PM... It is a marker on the schedule, it is a dimension of our lives, yet is is completely independent of us. We are not train carts on the track of time, we are fish in an ocean of time. We are not limited by time, but by choice, we limit ourselves by the perception of time. The moment we consider "now" or "present" is simply just our minds/ego playing a trick, projecting an illusion.

Our perception of "now" is no different than the projector screen displaying the images that are flashing through on the film of the reel. Just because the frame isn't being projected onto the screen does not mean that it is no longer on the reel.

Fascinating, no?

Figure 1-1.

Thanks for reading,

A.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
wow the picture is amazing, star and flag!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Very Nice OP.

Did you have coffee with Michio Kaku today?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

I recently began thinking that what if the universe is just one "cell" of another even larger being? Or maybe the entire universe is a spec of dust in a warehouse and that zooms out forever and ever? Or it somehow loops infinitely and BACK to the subatomic.

Can we assume that that neuron in the picture is itself an entire universe? ^_^

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So if the universe is nothing more than a cell? What does that make us? Cells within other cells? Metaphorically speaking

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Why not? We don't really have evidence because our telescopes can't really see beyond the universe and nothing smaller than quarks or strings etc. But hey, anything is possible in my opinion. I mean who would have thought that I'd be sitting here, typing words that could be seen by ANYONE who was also viewing the same page via the internet 2000 years ago? Maybe in 2000 years we'll know things that are unthinkable now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I will add more to this thread as content crosses my mind, I could go much farther indepth on everything posted but for the sake of keeping the post short and sweet i skipped over some details and instances.
I'm short on time but there will be an addition.

Thanks again for reading guys I hope you liked it,

A.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I had a mad thought once that the atoms and quarks are tiny because they are dimensionally 'far away'. I am not sure if it is known how long it takes to look at atoms etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A energy unbound by time, can exist in multiples at the same phase. Time is nothing but an illusion, an invisible jail.

top topics

join