It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt VP: Protests must end soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Egypt VP: Protests must end soon

english.aljazeera.net

In a sharply worded statement reflecting the regime's impatience and frustration with the mass demonstrations, the newly appointed Suleiman said the crisis must be ended as soon as possible.

Increasingly the public face of the embattled government, Suleiman said there will be "no ending of the regime" and no immediate departure for President Hosni Mubarak, according to the state news agency MENA, reporting on a meeting between the vice-president and independent newspapers.

The immediate departure of Mubarak is a key demand for the pro-democracy demonstrators. Mubarak's pledge to not
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Umm, I'll tell you what Omar, how's about you and the rest of your dictatorial henchmen get the you-know-what outta there, and maybe the protests WILL stop, since they have to do WITH you and your boss!

So what is this guy going to do if the people DON'T stop protesting he and his cronies insistance of staying in power? Continue to TORTURE them, like he's used to?

Man, these folks simply DO NOT GET IT. The Egyptian people want you GONE. ALL OF YOU.

One thing is for certain, the people's uprising was larger than ever this week, so they don't seem to be taking these thugs rule over them anymore...

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its very exciting. Yes judging by twitter, they do hate this guy too and they will not let him ruin things. I'm just wondering what he's gonna do. I don't think there is any way to be violent with the numbers of people there are. The next couple days will be key. There are 6000 people from Suez going on strike. In the New Valley part of Egypt there are people being killed by live gunfire, but there is no news coverage there. I guess they are fed up too.

Very exciting times, could change the whole scope of the world.
edit on 8-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yeah, good luck with that one, Mr. VP...

Only one way to stop the people... Get Mubarak, yourself and the rest of your corrupt government out of their and never come back....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i agree..and oh by the way..leave egypts money in egypt!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I want the protestors to continue, their determination is amazing! I could not imagine being on the streets protesting for my cause for 14 days is it now? I have a question as I am concered for them being able to get food and medical supplies, etc.. Are there any organizations outside of the Egyptian people and the idiot govt that could go there to give them aid. Would it be allowed?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I support all of the good Egyptians who truly want a peaceful change but for the ones that are anti-american, I could care less about.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214
I support all of the good Egyptians who truly want a peaceful change but for the ones that are anti-american, I could care less about.

Sorry, most of them are Anti-American, since America has been supporting their Dictator for 30 years. Can you blame them?

They aren't anti-americans, they just want the american government to stay out of their affairs.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

From what I see, they are all fine as of now. Everyone is helping eachother out. Some protesters say they've never been this full in their life.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just saw on the BBC - "US call to Hosni Mubarak's government"

Well, what about all the other countries, BBC? Why are you so obsessed with what the US says all the time? What agenda are you driving?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FPB214

Amazing. I wonder why they might be anti-american with that kind of sentiment...?

They are being CONNED.

Democracy is NO better. If that is what they are fighting for, why don't they just stick with the guy they got?

How the grass is greener to those who don't really know. Sell themselves to America so that we can exploit them and make them feel fuzzy about it.

Gooooooooood friggin' job.

How is it that so many people here so what's wrong with our government and want it for another country? What manner of madness? "You come to us, we take care of you, give you good stuffs, make you happy, but you do this for us or bust."

Or...

How about those people just figure their own stuff out and learn how to work together instead of throwing all these protests out like they NEED another leader.

Take charge of yourselves instead of complaining that you need a new leader. You ain't gonna get one that cares about you as much as you care about yourself because they got their own selves to worry about!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I support the Freedom and Liberty of all man kind regardless of their personal feelings toward us here in the United States of America. In the long run all the people must take a stance against greedy government dictators who use their positions to embellish themselves and their cronies at the expense of the people.

They are standing up for themselves and that I have respect for. I wish them the best, but I'm skeptical at this point.

More so I think it's the our main stream media that the Egyptians hate as they see the MSM as representing the people living in America when in fact the MSM corporations mostly represent the elites who own them & our governments pov most of the time.

Of course it doesn't help us that Obama didn't have enough sack to make a definitive stance on the subject. That was a very weak move by Obama.

edit on 9-2-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I like how I didn't have to read much to figure out that they're probably not going to have a choice...When someone says Protest "must" end soon. I got reason to believe that things are probably going to get nasty if things don't go their way...Regardless its a lose, lose situation...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

You're right. It's not a democracy over there, and even if it was, the people still don't get a say. If the usa and canada are examples of democracy.

All they have to do is start opening fire on the crowds, kill a couple of them, wound a few others, and the people will do what they're told. As soon as the government can instill the fear back into the population, they have regained control.

I keep hearing people saying that the people can just create a new leader, and govern themselves.

However, there is on key ingredient missing for them to have the ability to do this. MONEY.

Murbarak has it all. There is no one in the country with enough money to take leadership, and handle the country. So until the finances from the current regime are released to a new leader, there is no hope in hell for the people to be able to do anything at all.

When they say the protests will end soon, they mean it. As the economy is taking some damage because of the protests. They need people back to work, so the poor can feed the rich. As soon as the rich feed threatened, things will get nasty.

This is the same in the usa. We are a society based on monetary slavery, where 95% of us serve the rich. However, this is also on a global scale. Egypt is no different.

Money is the root of all evil.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
And according to the protestors " Egypt VP must end soon"

GTFO!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Im sure their not anti-american because of the statement I made. I made it perfectly clear, ANY human being who shows me respect and kindness will get the same in return. Any one who wants to hate me because of the location on this planet I am from, can buzz off. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I agree, I wish America would not stick its nose in so many places. If they want to do it alone, let it be. If things go wrong and they screw themselves, well then at least we wont be blamed for it. If they succeed with a peaceful transition, then good for them.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I think the protests in Egypt are far from been over.

top topics

join