It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ordered to turn over my weapons..... wheres my rights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by djmolecular
I did agree that we were threatening each other back and forth to the judge.

And that about sums it up. Sorry bro the 5th amendment is there for a reason. You should never ever under any circumstances, even if you are in the right, incriminate yourself. You admitted to the judge that there were threats and that you owned weapons. The judge removed the threat (at least the firearms) on your side. The point is, by staying silent and refusing to offer personal information, you put the burden of proof on your ex. You only refute the alledgedly falsified information as false and make them go to the service provider(at your ex's cost in the end). Any halfway decent lawer will tell you to NEVER, ever answer any questions....EVER...period. You have the right to remain silent. And the right to refute the charges. That whole episode could have been over by repeating these phrases. "Your Honor I do not feel comfortable answering that question without legal counsel." And, "Those are not the official phone records". You would have probably been given some extra time to consult with legal counsel and get your head on straight. In this day and age you must remember that we are simply sources of revenue for the "system". Do not be fooled and use the knowledge you gained in 8th grade government/history class to your advantage. You do have rights but it is ultimately your responsibility to use them.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join