It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
One of the reasons that I love coming to this site is reading some of the well thought out and put together threads. It used to be the norm. Now days it seems, I come in and a thread title catches my eye and I think, Ï can't wait to read this", only to open the thread and find a link to a stupid youtube video! It really irritates me. a video followed by "" your thoughts". . . really.........

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"insert generic youtube video here"

"insert generic comment here"

I know what you mean.

I hope to contribute somethings but I don't know what yet

There are a strong group of posters who strive for excellence in every thread they make and I seriously love them for it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Now days it seems, I come in and a thread title catches my eye and I think, Ï can't wait to read this", only to open the thread and find a link to a stupid youtube video! It really irritates me.

Coming from someone who named their thread "Threads"...I'd say they at least have out done you.

j/k

I understand what you are saying...but sometimes videos are acceptable to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

So it's kinda like this one?

It's really easy to pick out a problem and even easier to make useless thread pointing out that problem, but that is essentially the same thing. A thread with information void of all context, explanation, or resolution. I've been a lurker of this site for a while now, only recently have I started to post; I too love the well thought out posts with eye catching titles, mind boggling information and links to external sources; the exchange of invaluable information all at the speed of man. In contrast, posts with a video asking for your reaction, and nothing else, are more of a discussion thread and a lot less fulfilling to read. Maybe we could use this thread to collaborate on paving a way for a solution?

.mallardduck.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah I agree, when i first came here( for the cryptozoology forum pretty much) there were all kinds of threads to spark my interest in any forum but now I come on and see some dude who puts up a lame thread like say, " I had a dream about Vampires are better than Werewolves". I dont know whether to laugh or cry so i do a little of both. Anyways, it just goes to show with such a growing community and everyone wanting to get involved you really gotta appreciate the threads that are well put together with proper references and analysis. IMHO this thread is necessary.
PS. If anyone is planning and making any threads about werewolves, vampires or robert pattison, for the love of god and all things that are holy don't, i beg of you, your only hurting those around you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As this is in the Rant forum, really what more did I need to say? Should I have posted links to such threads? I wished to make a simple point and did so... short and to the point!

top topics

join