It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad Beats 18yo Daughter and Cops Won't let her Leave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

if she realy wanted to leave, they would not be able to restrain her. trust me, jail is better than child (not rlly child here) abuse.

theres more to the story or you have one hell of a crooked force down there. if she was that scared she would've let them take her to jail.

thats the first sign for a cop. if they are willing to go to jail without a care rather than stay in a house where she is allegedly abused, the cops will believe her more easily. if she was desperate to get out she needs to show it.

i understand it would be hard for her, but what is worse? there are loopholes everywhere, and if this is true, there is no excuse for her to remain in that house. again, if its true, and you have seen the evidence, or seen him do anything to her, if you actually KNOW this is going on, get her out.

if you THINK she is giving you the absolute truth, probe further, look for contradictions, look for story changes. if its true she may not want to talk about it, but will spill the beans with clever wordplay, sympathy, and understanding

i can give you no legal advice per se, but as a detective i can help you find out if she is stretching the truth or if she is genuinely scared for her life. the eyes can tell you everything you need to know if you know what you are looking for

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

k well I know what you all think thanks. She has no reason to make it up. She has nothing to gain. She's never lied to me about anything. She tried to go live with her grandparents. Man I don't know what to say. I'm not asking for anyone here to determine my or her veracity. If you don't believe it then don't respond. I'll check back tomorrow to see if there is any actual legal thoughts on the matter. I need a #ing shot of tequila.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Another thought before you go. If it's impossible for her to leave, then have her go to the counselors(?) at school. They're in all the schools and have access to far more resources than most of us.

Good luck!

edit on 2/8/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
At age 18 she is legally able to not attend school, drop out, etc of her own accord. So still being enrolled in school should not make a difference.

Now if she is own probation, house arrest, declared mentally incompetent and unable to reside alone it may be a different story.

If she is 18 and the whole story was told to you, call the police again. Ask them if it is protocol. They will not be able to release information on her specific case but they should be able to tell you if holding an 18 against her will is standard. If they say no, tell them you have reason to believe this is occuring and they need to check it out ASAP. They will do it if only as a CYA measure. Which is better than not doing it at all. You can go from there.

Let us know how it goes. It appears to be a sad tale from the outside for sure.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
the best advice i can offer is for the young lady to go to school ` as normal ` tommorrow - walk in the front door , and out the back door - and proceed straight to a solicitor specilising in family law / childrens rights

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
im not at all implying you are making anything up, just that people have a tendency to lie. usually the lie depends on the circumstance so settle the frik down please.

im the one telling you to get her the hell out of there, but only when it wont come back to bite yu in the ass.
everyone has an agenda, and few will share theirs. people have a way of stretching truth, or changing certain details. so me telling you as someone who gets paid to tell when someone is lying should stick a little bit, you cannot take it at face value unless you have all of the facts.

you cannot be sure what her motives are, and neither can i. is that any reason to assume that everything she is going to tell you is a truth? is that any reason to assume im personnally attacking you?

people are manipulative, its unfortunate to say, but they are. just like its unfortunate that she has told lies like everyone else on the planet. it very well may be true, or it very well may happen differently than she describes.(not all sexually abused people will say they were sexually abused but will turn to physical abuse rather than tell people the truth.) believing the outcome will be the same. many times it is, and the child doesnt have to admit the molestation. this isnt neccesarily a good thing to do either as the memories will fester if she doesnt get the supportive help she needs

the fact of the matter is that this is her adversity, it is her life, and you need to remind her of that. she determines where this life goes, so ease up. some people are turning it into a joke, m trying to mke sure you have the full picture before you do something drastic. i know you want to help her, but there is a fine line between doing it for her and helping as aguide

with all of the stupid things that people get sucked into, is that so much to ask?
(btw, not calling the situation stupid, but if you risk your neck to get her out and it turns out they just had a little spat and nothing sinister happened, you will feel like a d***)

personally, im hoping she is just being dramatic, but with the crap ive seen done to kids, i cant dismiss it as you believe i was doing.

just be careful..try to see the message within my message before assuming my intent pease...too many people assume nowadays. as bad as it sounds, u are assuming. there is a simple way to find out what happened as well. there are sites that will let you see what officers respond to what calls, in what area/address, and at what time. find the one for your county and you can ask the cops firsthand what happened, should their stories differ, you know something is going on. (stories of cop/cop, not cops/female friend)

best regards, and do what is right

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

was just asking legal advice. I was hoping someone might be on that is familiar with Texas law and could advise me as to the legalities of the situation.

...i understand and thats why i asked those questions... i'm a nobody, so i'm not offering guarantees and others may have more effective ideas... heres my suggestions...

...write down the story as concisely as possible... expect to verbally repeat it many times...

...call the county district attorney's office... tell them you believe an 18yr old female is being held against her will by her father and being physically abused... do not badmouth the cops... say you dont understand why the police will not intervene... expect questions and maintain a pleasant voice no matter what... sounding emotional or frustrated will not help...

...then, call the texas rangers and ask to speak to an investigator... your reason is - you've reported to your county district attorney what you believe is a kidnapping of an adult and you're concerned that nothing will be done...

...if none of that brings resolution - call the fbi... she's an adult being held against her will - thats kidnapping and thats a federal offense... i mentioned them last because this should be handled at the local level first...

...if none of that solves the situation - call the nearest tv station... if they're not interested, call one in the nearest bigger city... keep on going up the chain until you get action... call the local newspapers and, if they're not interested, go up the chain... call the aclu...

...keep us posted and good luck...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

if she realy wanted to leave, they would not be able to restrain her.

...wow - the BS meter just went off the chart...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Legally she has the right to defend herself, but considering the power imbalance this may not be practical. She could make a sound or video recording of the abuse she is being exposed to. This can constitute as evidence for further action to be taken. Otherwise as she is released from home to go to school, jump on a bus, get a lift or hitch hike to some family members in another state. A lot more peer review will be put into the case for an extradition order to go back home.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have a child who has a mental illness, speficially an emotional disturbance, and as such I have been in contact with school officials and police on several occasions over the past 10 years of her schooling. I am also in Texas.

1) At 18 years old, she is the master of her own fate, regardless of if she is attending school or not. Once our daughter reaches 18, the school actually cannot even invite us to the special ed or counselor conferences unless our kid says it is ok.

2) The only stipulation to this that I can remotely think of is that if she moves out of district, she may not be allowed to attend the particular school anymore, but that's more of a technicality and rarely enforced mid-semester.

I believe that you are relating the story as you heard it. I am wondering if you were told the complete story, however. If this is truely a domestic abuse situation, then chances are that the facts are being skewed a bit due to things like fear, stress, and anger.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Physical abuse is the same no matter what age or relation. If the city won't help, then talk to the county. If the county won't budge, talk to the Texas Rangers. I live in Texas, too. Consult www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/txdv.shtml
or even local shelters for information. She needs out of there. Such males will only do more harm, and she won't live to graduate high school if this jerk has his way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join