It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK court bans man from having sex because of low IQ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's not only low IQ that they are going after...

Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hear they once had a cure for that too...

Seems like we are on an express train back to the Dark Ages

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

So, they say that he ''doesn't understand the mechanics of sex'' and in the next breath, they say '' Alan should be kept away from sex education because it could "confuse" him.''

That makes absolutly NO sense!

I wish someone would make a petition for this guy to be free to have sex when he pleases - I for one would sign it, but am rubbish at this kind of thing.
I have the feeling none of this would be happening to Alan if he were in heterosexual relations.
What is the world coming to at all? '~'

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

What does a "vigorous sex drive" and a low IQ get you?

Erm if your a hot girl it gets you your own series on MTV and a few million dollars

LOL! Funniest post I have read in a while.

Nothing more to add other than I disagree with the UK court. They have no right to tell people whether they can or cannot have sex.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Retribution plain and simple. The courts are upset this low IQ man is wasting his sex drive in homo-sexual relationships.

Governments are more content to have their nations filled with low-IQ sheep. They are generally happier, better-adjusted, and more motivated to work to obtain McThings that the big merchandisers push. These are the people that want the American Dream, whatever their nationality. These are the people governments want to breed.

The system is just upset that this man is homo-sexual and therefore not re-producing. If he were hetero with a voracious sexual apetite and known to have a high sperm count the government would probably get him his own dating service contract. He could be lusting after the MTV hostess chick and spreading his low-IQ genes throughout the land creating hoardes of mindless slaves lusting after things so worthless yet so highly prized and marketed as tokens of reward and living The Dream. It's his bad for living alternative.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I personally do not agree with the ruling, but the judge is right according to British law. This man does not have mental capacity of a 16 year old (age of consent in the UK), so the ruling is correct. Also this:

Under the Mental Capacity Act 2005, its judges have the power to make life or death decisions for people deemed to lack the intelligence to make them for themselves – such as ordering that they undergo surgery, have forced abortions, have life-support switched off or be forced to use contraception.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

and after that they will just be mass-sterilizing for IQ, class status, etc...i.e. "are you poor and need food? okay first lie down here and hold still for this nice doctor", that sort of thing will become commonplace...

That is a bad example. Someone who is poor and needs food from the gov should not procreate anyway. I never understood why reversibly sterilizing the poor and unemployable who are long-term dependent on the government wefare (if they already have 1-2 kids) and mentally deficient should be wrong, it is a right thing to do. The problem in this case is banning sex for someone, that is quite an absurdity.

edit on 9/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
They are attempting to do this to this man only because they think they can get away with it. He needs both an advocate who can help him fight the legal battle and someone to help him with socially acceptable controls over behaviour in public. It is ludicrous to assume he cannot learn. Every person is capable of learning at their own pace with the right approach.

People should just stay away from his sexual relationship so long as it remains mutually voluntary and isn't hurting anyone.
edit on 2/9/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
So does this mean that the man who was banned from having sex will be arrested if he is found having sex, or will his partner be arrested for having sex with the man who was deemed unfit to have sex? I'm a little confused as to how you enforce a law like this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

They probably do alot more than you think. They already know how to turn people from straight into gay, and can do alot in these things.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

That is a bad example. Someone who is poor and needs food from the gov should not procreate anyway. I never understood why reversibly sterilizing the poor and unemployable who are long-term dependent on the government wefare (if they already have 1-2 kids) and mentally deficient should be wrong, it is a right thing to do. The problem in this case is banning sex for someone, that is quite an absurdity.

How utterly fascistic! Mentally deficient according to whom?

People should not be sterilised merely because they have become dependent on the government! By you, it woulkd be okay for the "mentally deficient" children of billionaires to procreate as much as they liked, and "pollute the gene pool" to their hearts' content?
Sterilisation is usually considered by health professionals to be irreversible..

But the mere act of having sex - rutting essentially is sacred? It is to be sick...
V,

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
In that case the world may be better in a generation - if enforced politicians couldnt reproduce..
but guess they exempted themselves from that ruling..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Does he have the mental capacity of a legal adult? If not, then he cannot consent. Otherwise, if, without the capacity of an adult, he can consent, what legal precedent does it set for teenagers? Why exactly can they not consent but he can?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This is why it's known as the AGE of consent and no the IQ of consent

The guy is 41, he is in a relationship with a man, he is not going to be reproducing without knowing that he is, he is deemed able to live by himself which obviuosly means he can actually funtion in society.

The 'lewd gestures' he made to kids on the bus...well I would hazard a guess that they were probably teenagers taking the piss out of a 'slow' gay guy and he showed them the finger...that's probably what that was about!

If he was a straight guy with a girlfriend who had a 'normal' IQ, this wouldn't happen...I know this for a fact because if that was the case, then my Step-father sure as hell wouldn't have been allowed to reproduce

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

Well, if the rationale for the age of consent is that they just don't have the mental capacity to make that choice, we have a problem if this guy can, don't we? It would render the law irrational, and as all irrational laws passed to control others, would be an ideal candidate to liberate people from in the future.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I reckon they do this in uk anyway, does not matter on your iq, why should it. If you upset someone, a wrong person, you may end up like this guy whether your straight or gay.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I don't agree with banning the individual from his right to engage in sexual activities, no matter his level of intelligence.
I do however, think it is a good idea to "keep an eye" on the individuals who are engaging in sexual activities with those who have an intellectual disability.

I have observed some scenarios that have made me think that there needed to be some intevention on behalf of the person who has the disability.Like the young woman with downs syndrome who I observed heavily making out with a man in public, the thing that I found off about this was the man in question.
He was a filthy old derelict.
I don't feel the young lady in question had the capacity to screen and reject potential sex partners.
She was clearly enjoying the physicall affection and I would not wish that she be prohibited from such activities but I do feel that she shold have been given some guidance on choosing appropriate sexual partners sothat she wasn't sleeping with the filthy toothless old pervert from the bus stop.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Does he have the mental capacity of a legal adult? If not, then he cannot consent. Otherwise, if, without the capacity of an adult, he can consent, what legal precedent does it set for teenagers? Why exactly can they not consent but he can?

This is the dangerous road! You have an objective age and a subjective mental capacity. If your laws are based on subjective things the government will have a much easier time of subjugating anyone they deem as a threat. An objective law that depends on the rule of law rather than the rule of man with distinct markers.

Here is how this works: Your age must be X has turned into your mental capacity must be X. This same logic turns to: You robbed the market will turn into you thought about robbing the market.

Be careful! If the UK gets away with having thought police the US will happily try to follow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So he cannot consent because of his IQ, does this then make him a 'child' in the eyes of the law?

If he was offered a job would he be 'allowed' to take that job, seeing as he is not classed as an adult in the eyes of the law...maybe he wouldn't understand how taxation works and shouldn't be subjected to it incase it 'confuses' him.

I'm sure the courts won't see it like that though...if the guy got offered a job I'm sure they would class him 'adult' enough to do that and pay taxes to a goverment that has policies that he could never even hope to understand...therefore shafting him up the backdoor a great deal more than his banned boyfriend ever could!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Well thats what big brother does for ya

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
It's not only low IQ that they are going after...

Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hear they once had a cure for that too...

Seems like we are on an express train back to the Dark Ages

Its kind of off topic but I swear this guy looks like my mom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join