14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Please read my post more carefully and think about what I am saying and you will see that I am concerned for all humanity. These anti-Islamic hate mails and junk news items are in my opinion engineered to create hatred towards Islam when public support in the west for the ongoing wars in the middle east are at a low point. This smacks of classic propaganda.
This is a conspiracy website in case you hadn't noticed so my views are acceptable.
I am an English Christian if it matters.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
reply to post by nightbringr

Please read my post more carefully and think about what I am saying and you will see that I am concerned for all humanity. These anti-Islamic hate mails and junk news items are in my opinion engineered to create hatred towards Islam when public support in the west for the ongoing wars in the middle east are at a low point. This smacks of classic propaganda.
This is a conspiracy website in case you hadn't noticed so my views are acceptable.
I am an English Christian if it matters.

PEACE,
RK

Yes it is a conspiracy theory website, but this article dealt about one very specific crime upon a young girl. By coming here and telling us to forget about this, because the article was planted by someone who doesnt want us to think about TPTB, you minimize the plight of this poor dead girl and her family, and everyone who suffers under such governments.

Yes, we have many concerns over here in the West, but does that not mean we should worry about our brothers and sisters on the other side of the world, who often suffer much worse than we do?
edit on 12-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

you're welcome.
i copied them from a post earlier in the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Likewise, when the original source appears 'questionable', i usually search for others before jumping into the conversation. glad i could help.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

These anti-Islamic hate mails and junk news items are in my opinion engineered to create hatred towards Islam when public support in the west for the ongoing wars in the middle east are at a low point. This smacks of classic propaganda.

soooo, are you saying this story is just a load of crap? no truth to it whatsoever, right?
then, why is it InterNational news rather just some bloggers bs?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

dude, whatever you say, Islam is responsible for every crime you see or hear of on this planet, every crime happens on earth is influenced by Sharia Law, anyone can take any story and write some words like Shariah, Islamic State, Scholars, Muslim, Quran and there you have it, islam is responible, if not, then the action is influenced by Islam.

you might find this off topic but i find it very relevant, at least you will have some fun watching this:

have a good day

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Get yourself a ticket and get on over there for the next stoning. You know there will be one. Try Saudi Arabia, they are big on it. You can then be in place to throw yourself on some girl as she is being stoned. I'll help you pay for it. In fact, I'll go with and record it so we can air your glory here. Because staying here and not going over to intervene when you know it will happen is..............an act of selfishness. Right?

Are we done being ridiculous yet?
I can't tell, but I'll proceed as if you are done being ridiculous.

Anyways.....

I never put myself or anyone out there as some kind of hero.
Therefore your attempt to make it look like I did, only serves to make you look foolish.

You are the one trying to make a worthless killer look like Superman.
You got your conclusion critiqued.

If you can't handle that other posters are gonna critique your statements, you might want to just cancel out your membership here.

Im sure there have been heroes over time. I am sure people HAVE jumped in and intervened. And I am willing to bet thats why they dont anymore.

We're not talking about anyone else, just your favorite head-smashing Muslim.

But dont get all judgmental on how people should sacrifice their own lives rather than just end it quickly when your sorry tail end probably hasnt even marched on the White House or emailed a letter to your congressman insisting they stop doing business with the Saudi's because of this crap.

Or have you? Did you get blisters from your excessive efforts to save those poor girls? No?

I'll make any judgment I like. That's the benefits of intelligence, sentience, and free-will. You don't like that, you might want to get off the planet, because I'm not the first, and I won't be the last person doing it.

I made a judgment of YOUR determination that the head-smasher is a hero. I then suggested a condition in which he would truly be a hero in my opinion. (sacrificing his life to save the victim, instead of smashing the victims head in)

You really don't know enough about me to determine what kind of activism I participate in, so I'll put the rest of this part under the childish **** talking category.

I thought so.

Thought so?
What question did I answer that you are confirming for yourself?

Oh, that's right, you asked the question and pretended a failure to answer on my part in the same post.

Asking a question, and not giving people time or opportunity to answer, and then trying (and failing) to insult that person for failing to answer. I would say that is the opposite of what a "big person" would do. Which makes you a hypocrite.

Its a big person who can sit at a keyboard and say what they would do if they saw a rabid crowd of people stoning someone to death, but Im willing to bet you wouldnt do a whole lot of anything. Not even try to end it quickly for the girl.

I never said (sitting at my keyboard, safely out of the middle east) I would jump on a stoning victim to save them. So, I can only guess what this attempt to outright lie is all about.

Why are you trying to lie and pretend that I said I would do this if I had to?

For the second time your failure to comprehend English has lead you to the faulty conclusion that I critiqued the head-smasher. Once more, I was critiquing your monumentally flawed conclusion, that someone who smashes in a victims head is a hero.

Here, let's go ahead and remind people of your admiration for smashing people's heads open.

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think I was 9 or 10 when I read "The Lottery." The imagery has stayed with me my whole life. Your description is very like it.

Edit to add, the person who threw the concrete block was kind. And you would be surprised how quickly people you know would become accustomed to that if it began here. You look at photos of lynchings, hangings, etc., and they are like parties, tons of people.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

According to your own hypocritical double-standard that you are judging me by, you should be over there smashing in the heads of stoning victims, you know....to help according to you. Like your favorite Muslims head-smashing hero. Otherwise you're just as lazy as you are trying to imply I am. BTW, this makes you twice a hypocrite.

PS - You completely side-stepped my question BTW.

If your mother is being gang-raped, is the rapist saying "hurry it up", a hero for getting it ended quickly?

Why didn't you answer this?
Why avoid it, like you are claiming I am avoiding jumping in front of stoning victims?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Your point was that Islam is the biggest religion in the area?

My point was that Muslims feel comfortable enforcing Sharia law in Islam heavy countries.

Says so, right in the quote your are trying (and failing) to impugn.

Talk about stating the obvious.

Obvious, is your inability to correctly use this saying.

However comfortable they may have felt is something you or I won't know, but the fact is, they were arrested and the practice is illegal. I think that speaks volumes. - Lee

If they weren't comfortable doing it, then they wouldn't have done it.

The legality argument doesn't disprove my point.

Anyways, thanks for playing junior league. Next time you feel like trying to denigrate someones statements, you might want to try reading it first. You know, to avoid a complete and utter failure to comprehend like you had here.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Byteman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Isn't this illegal in Bangladesh? this was done by a kangaroo court, not state officialdom, but terrible nonetheless. It's a pity the BBC obfuscated on the rape claim, and called it an affair, whereas the Daily Mail published the story as alleged.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by h_jordan

dude, whatever you say, Islam is responsible for every crime you see or hear of on this planet, every crime happens on earth is influenced by Sharia Law, anyone can take any story and write some words like Shariah, Islamic State, Scholars, Muslim, Quran and there you have it, islam is responible, if not, then the action is influenced by Islam.

you might find this off topic but i find it very relevant, at least you will have some fun watching this:
have a good day

and this arrogant, dismissive, flamboyant attempt at deflection has already been over-used by the Catholic, Christian, blah, blah, blah list of groups around the planet. couldn't you craft a better one?
** btw, dude ... i'm not a duuuude ... if you don't know the facts, why spout off like you do?

thanks for the video ... i'll have to stop back to watch it ... for some reason, i find humor in This particular thread rather distasteful.

enjoy your myopic view of the world around you ... your dismissive nature should prove a challenge somewhere down the road. best of luck to ya.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This is a perfect example of why Theocracy, of any religion, is simply a demon's curse upon society.

Though something must be done, after you read how a rape victim was part of the beatings, yes she may have been forced, how do you react?

What solutions can one think of?

This kind of event tends to prove that God didn't create religion; mankind did. In fact, it was men that formulated many of the religious laws, ie: Sharia, that give them license to abuse women.

It is all very convenient because the male is not held accountable for his actions. If he sins, it is blamed on the female. He gets his crude, violent sexual satisfaction and then says that it was the woman's fault that it happened.

Oh... and since God says this is perfectly correct... there will not be any argument.

Very convenient.

I believe in God but I have no doubt that the Almighty had no part in this kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

have a good day

and this arrogant, dismissive, flamboyant attempt at deflection has already been over-used by the Catholic, Christian, blah, blah, blah list of groups around the planet. couldn't you craft a better one?
** btw, dude ... i'm not a duuuude ... if you don't know the facts, why spout off like you do?

thanks for the video ... i'll have to stop back to watch it ... for some reason, i find humor in This particular thread rather distasteful.

enjoy your myopic view of the world around you ... your dismissive nature should prove a challenge somewhere down the road. best of luck to ya.

calm down will you? it is just a discussion, i do really see your point of view very clearly but you insist not to see mine, Islam over 1400 years has definitely mixed with the culture of nations that became muslim, is islam responisble for the killing of the girl, yes and no, Sharia is agianst it if you view the texts, you try and ask any muslim scholar, he will tell you this, on the other hand (what you are trying to say) Islam is not just mere texts, Islam in fact is a mindset, a culture if you will, it has the influence to control and change the psychology of a whole society, people of Saudi Arabia for exmaple are sexually furstrated because of Islam, it wouldn't be surprsing that you find a high rate of rape, homosexuals (who are not gays by nature but due to sexual furstration, psychologiacl issues), now try to apply the very unfair and unhuman Sharia Law to those criminals, ofcourse criminals in Islam's point of view, they became what they became, done what they done because of Islam. schizophrenia

i said and i will say it again, my intention was not to defened Islam what so ever, try to see my point of view Shariah as a LAW is not directly responisble for this crime, words like Islamic court, scholars, wipe...etc in an adultery (rape) case give the impression that this was done according to sharia law, it was not, Islam on the other hand could be indirectly responisble for producing thousands of rape cases.

are we cool now

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck

How does this logic/mindset come to be the 'norm' ?

Well, when your religious cult is founded by an acknowledged pedophile, why would this not be seen as normal? I believe in religious freedom, but cults like this push the limit beyond the bounds of acceptability in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

are we cool now

yeah we're cool so long as you get off the soap box already...

calm down will you?
so, would that be asking too much or does a false sense of superiority comfort you?

you desire that i discuss unknowns (witnesses) and i refuse.
** the child was convicted - none of us know what parameters were met or not ... quit assuming.
you desire for me to acquiesce that since this isn't consistent with Shari'a Law, then Shari'a has nothing to do with it at all ... i respectfully disagree.
you claim that you are 'done' with it all, yet here you are.

thank you for stating you 'see' my point, however, obviously you don't agree with it and for some reason cannot or will not say so or explain your position.
i have acknowledged your point that these actions do not reflect Shari'a Law in a consistent fashion ... not sure what you're saying there.

this, is an interesting choice of words ...

Islam over 1400 years has definitely mixed with the culture of nations that became muslim
i find it peculiar for you to emphasize that 'mixing' cultures evolves to a complete transformation of the previous culture.

i completely agree with your assessment of the societal degeneration brought on by the oppressive practice of Shari'a ... and it is bound to get worse before it gets any better.

just so you understand what i'm saying, Islam is a religion, but it is also a political, economic, legal and societal structure that makes unreasonable demands of its followers. i would presume you agree or you wouldn't have left.

yes, i do see your point of view, did you miss that we agreed on several points? or are you just looking to argue for the sake of arguing?
No Law (of any basis) is responsible for a crime committed ... i thought that was clearly understood by all participants ... was i mistaken?

Many religions can be held accountable for the sexual perversions we suffer today ... islam is not special in that regard, either. it is after all, just another system with its share of victims.
No hard feelings, this is just a discussion.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Honor93 because: fix typo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

yeah we're cool so long as you get off the soap box already...

do i sound like i am preaching or something?
it was not meant that way

you desire that i discuss unknowns (witnesses) and i refuse.
** the child was convicted - none of us know what parameters were met or not ... quit assuming.
you desire for me to acquiesce that since this isn't consistent with Shari'a Law, then Shari'a has nothing to do with it at all ... i respectfully disagree.
you claim that you are 'done' with it all, yet here you are.

let me summrize a bit.

A fellew ATSer brought the verses from Quran to show me that i was wrong to say that they didn't apply Sharia Law so i interpreted some of the verses.

1 - one was about the wintnesses, i explained how hard the conditions it sets. (all along the islamic history these conditions didn't fullfill, people were either wiped or stoned after they confessed adultery) the verse kind of says: "wipe/stone those who have sex in public"

is it possible specially for none muslims to know by just reading the verse that a witness must see a penis into a vagaina?

if i said they didn't fullfill the conditions, you say i am assuming, if you say they did, wouldn't you be assuming too? none of us was there.

seems like it is enough for you what the article says: "the girl was convicted by Islamic courts" thus you are certain and not assuming. (you are free to take that as the truth and i don't want to convince you otherwise)

for me (my point of view) the sentence "the girl was convicted by Islamic courts" isn't enough, i have my reasons, am i doing any wrong by having my own readings? i looked in the case and came to my own truths based on what i know about islam and the culture of (Sex vs Honor), does that bother anyone?

2 - another verse says 100 lashes but they decided 101 (not following what the verse says) an Extra lash isn't something easy if we are talking about Islam, a muslim must follow Quran literally or he/she is not a muslim,

fyi, in islam one word can make you non muslim, this is how strict islam is, this is not an islamic court according to islam standards.

if you don't agree, it is ok, i am not trying to convince you, just sharing what i know, take it or throw it.

3 - another verse says, punish both audlteress and adulterer, they only punished the adulteress (according to thier conviction), how this is Sharia Law or Islamic court when Quran says punish both audlteress and adulterer?

no 2 and 3 are enough not to consider this court as Islamic, it actually tells me a lot about the nature of the investigation they did and the conviction (no 1).

again if you don't agree you are free to do so, am not trying to convince you, just SHARING.

i have nothing new to add in regard to this case.

thank you for stating you 'see' my point, however, obviously you don't agree with it and for some reason cannot or will not say so or explain your position.
i have acknowledged your point that these actions do not reflect Shari'a Law in a consistent fashion ... not sure what you're saying there.

Then there is nothing we disagree about (how bad, i love to disagree with you to have that powerful yet pleasing false sense of superiority :lol
just kidding ok?

i find it peculiar for you to emphasize that 'mixing' cultures evolves to a complete transformation of the previous culture.

in everyday life i see how my people think that doing/saying this or that is islamic where it is only culture, in fact, somethings they do or say sets them completely out of islam.

a lot of original cultures were altered by Islam, Arabian Culture + Islam = Arabian Islamic Culture, i am originally palestinian, palestinians were christians before Muslims came to palestine, and they were not Arabs, Palestinian Culture + Arabian Islamic Culture = PaleRabian Islamic Culture, Islam didn't stop and kept conquering new countries, this way Cultures kept adding up and mixing, Islamic Culture is a complex mix of too many cultures + Islam.

just so you understand what i'm saying, Islam is a religion, but it is also a political, economic, legal and societal structure that makes unreasonable demands of its followers. i would presume you agree or you wouldn't have left.

i totally agree

Many religions can be held accountable for the sexual perversions we suffer today ... islam is not special in that regard, either. it is after all, just another system with its share of victims.

i agree

No hard feelings, this is just a discussion.

ofcourse

have a good day

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this is a good example of how religion can be turned from good and tolerant to evil and carelessness for human life. i cannot believe that people who do things like this are allowed to be in power or how people can sit by and just watch this all unfold before there own eyes.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by h_jordan

thank you for responding in a civil manner. no, not preaching so much, seemed more like commanding rather communicating.

To clarify earlier misconceptions, i do not insist Shari'a Law was employed here.
you made it clear that is not the case. i also understand your frustration with others who refuse to believe you or attempt to understand the points you made.

you asked ...

is it possible specially for none muslims to know by just reading the verse that a witness must see a penis into a vagina?

to this question (answered by an adult) i'd have to answer: well, of course, otherwise it is an assault.

however, in the US, the victim generally testifies and additional witnesses are not required.

if i said they didn't fullfill the conditions, you say i am assuming, if you say they did, wouldn't you be assuming too? none of us was there.
too much hypothetical malarkey to answer.
you claim they didn't fulfill the conditions, i say, how do you know?
you claim they couldn't have and again i say, how do you know?

as for the conviction, i merely stated what the story reported ... i wasn't there, i have no 1st hand knowledge.
unfortunately, sex vs honor isn't really the issue in this case ... this is rape vs murder.
(yes, i understand this is not so from an Islamic viewpoint, but, from a compassionate human viewpoint, there is no other answer)

i'm not sure what you mean by 'convincing me' ... i already understand but it doesn't make the actions any less directly influenced by standard, Islamic teachings and Shari'a practices.

Then there is nothing we disagree about (how bad, i love to disagree with you to have that powerful yet pleasing false sense of superiority :lol
just kidding ok?

well, it's good to see your sense of humor is still in tact .
... however, be prepared, i'm sure we'll disagree somewhere along the way ... but that's what makes it fun.

this makes sense but to be honest, it only emphasizes the point ... Islam doesn't mix well with others.

in everyday life i see how my people think that doing/saying this or that is islamic where it is only culture, in fact, somethings they do or say sets them completely out of islam.

a lot of original cultures were altered by Islam, Arabian Culture + Islam = Arabian Islamic Culture, i am originally palestinian, palestinians were christians before Muslims came to palestine, and they were not Arabs, Palestinian Culture + Arabian Islamic Culture = PaleRabian Islamic Culture, Islam didn't stop and kept conquering new countries, this way Cultures kept adding up and mixing, Islamic Culture is a complex mix of too many cultures + Islam.

if being an Islamic muslim (from whichever culture) differs from place to place, then there is no continuity in Islam. It's no wonder so many 'sects' have developed along the way and crafted their own 'practices' ... it happens in many other religions as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
It is finallly time we cast aside our differences of color and creed & divide ourselves amongst the differences of our Ideology and Values.

Freedom, Truth, Justice and righteousness have No color, No race.

I will/would gladly stand side by side an african, asian, afghani, iraqi, Iranian, and/or American who shares my view and strives for the same goal.

Well said but you would find that racially you'll end up with a mixed race of people who end up dividing themselves upon racial lines.
One-world-race anyone?

Didn't think so either.

But I do think that the next 'big thing' could be a war of ideology and mindsets...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

thank you for responding in a civil manner. no, not preaching so much, seemed more like commanding rather communicating.

To clarify earlier misconceptions, i do not insist Shari'a Law was employed here.
you made it clear that is not the case. i also understand your frustration with others who refuse to believe you or attempt to understand the points you made.

thank you, i am here in this thread showing what islam is responsible for and what not, you do realize i am an apostate that must be killed in Islam, this isn't easy for me, but we must say the truth, if the religon in this case was any other religion, and i had the knowledge in that religion i would take the same attitude, you are open minded and i enjoyed this discussion with you and learnt somethings, thank you too.

to this question (answered by an adult) i'd have to answer: well, of course, otherwise it is an assault.

i myself didn't know the details untill i read the interpretations of the verse, maybe i was innocent and not adult enough at that time (adults are nasty :lol

however, in the US, the victim generally testifies and additional witnesses are not required.

this makes sense, unlike Islam which contradicts with human nature in too many points

too much hypothetical malarkey to answer.
you claim they didn't fulfill the conditions, i say, how do you know?
you claim they couldn't have and again i say, how do you know?

as for the conviction, i merely stated what the story reported ... i wasn't there, i have no 1st hand knowledge.

we were not there and we don't know for sure, i agree, i only know the mindset of islamists, i find it hard to believe they care about applying Sharia, this is not actually bad, if Islamists had the power and applied Sharia, then say bye bye to humanity, an alien invasion would look nothing in comparison to what Sharia is capable of doing, simply kill everyone.

however, be prepared, i'm sure we'll disagree somewhere along the way ... but that's what makes it fun.

I disagree

this makes sense but to be honest, it only emphasizes the point ... Islam doesn't mix well with others.

Islam disagrees with everyone about everything even with itself.

if being an Islamic muslim (from whichever culture) differs from place to place, then there is no continuity in Islam. It's no wonder so many 'sects' have developed along the way and crafted their own 'practices' ... it happens in many other religions as well.

yes too many sects in Islam, different races and cultural backgrounds, some sects agree on the core stuff, some don't agree at all, there are even different schools in the same sect, totaly new religions have evolved from Isam, you find that in Christianity too, Judaism, no one agrees with anyone, religion is a shame on humanity.

by the way have you seen Religulous, a documentary by Bill Maher

watch the hilarious George Carlin on religion

My all time favourite

edit on 14-2-2011 by h_jordan because: spelling mistake
edit on 14-2-2011 by h_jordan because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-2-2011 by h_jordan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by h_jordan

you do realize i am an apostate that must be killed in Islam
only now that you said so ... otherwise that would be an assumption and i try to avoid them.
eh, fear not ... even as an apostate, you are more accepted than i.
i've been a target of one kind or another, every day of my life.

this isn't easy for me, but we must say the truth, if the religon in this case was any other religion, and i had the knowledge in that religion i would take the same attitude, you are open minded and i enjoyed this discussion with you and learnt somethings, thank you too.
i wouldn't imagine it is easy for you and you're quite welcome.
i too enjoy realistic, truthful (no matter how painful) discourse.
i applaud you for continuing the discussion and not presuming i'm close-minded and not worthy the effort. your contributions are necessary if there is to be any real understanding of our situations.

just know that -0-,zip, none, zilch, zero organized religions will get any support from me.
please also understand, i am not against spirituality (quite the opposite) just organized religions.

(adults are nasty :lol
hey now, that's not fair, if i could turn the clock backwards, i would. although, close proximity to the Fountain of Youth does help alot

this makes sense
actually, i thought so too until i wore those shoes. there really should be a better way.

IF Islamists had the power and applied Sharia, then say bye bye to humanity, an alien invasion would look nothing in comparison to what Sharia is capable of doing, simply kill everyone.
let's just leave this as a big IF ... ok?

it is my greatest hope that the human condition will eventually rise above any need for the nonsense called religion. If you have truly left Islam, then you are a classic example of the possibilities of which i speak. we have the knowledge, we have the power, the rest is up to us.

i see no point wasting posts in a feeble attempt to simply argue, i am trying to understand.
sometimes i have no clue exactly what i'm trying to understand but it eventually comes to light.

I disagree
well, at least you got this one down pat !!!

at least we agree actions such as this story are the result of sick minds.
religion may or may not play a part but No one can say ... if they weren't Islamic, this wouldn't have happened.
I think everyone knows and accepts that much.

It has certainly been a pleasure discussing this event with you, even if we did disagree.
Pleasant discourse is always welcome in my book but that doesn't mean we have to agree.
(although, in this case, i'm glad we do
)

Islam disagrees with everyone about everything even with itself.
i respectfully admit that i do not know enough about Islam to make such a statement but if you insist ... from what i do know, i'd certainly agree

religion is a shame on humanity.
you'll find no argument from me on this point.

by the way have you seen Religulous, a documentary by Bill Maher
no - should i have?
michael moore kinda turned me off documentaries for awhile.
i favor all three sides of a story. (yours, theirs and the truth) and haven't seen that in any documentary for many years.

George Carlin
now you're talking good, down to earth, realistic, side-splitting humor from my generation. along with the likes of George Burns, Red Skelton, Carol Burnett, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, Dom DeLouise and soooooo many more.

It was a time when the atrocities of life became satire rather fear and disgust.
when we could and would laugh at ourselves.
when it was legal to be offensive because it was a given that if you dished it, you better be able to take it.
ahhhh, those were the days of personal freedom i haven't known in many years.
star for you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

God bless America. This crap wont happen here

new topics
top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join