It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by invetro
What I get from this is that rape is the fault of the female under Sharia law, and that the Muslim men who commit these crimes are compensated for their being led astray by marraige, which I deem to be a slavery sentence for the wife, or in this case, the temptation is removed by murdering the young girl. Poor thing.

And people wonder why some of us are vehemently opposed to this so-called peaceful religion. Anyone who supports laws such as this? Yes, I fear them, yes I am scared enough of them to have a hatred that I can't get rid of. I am not limiting this to Islam either. Any religion that condones behaviour as illogical as this is as evil as the next one.

I am thinking this; the GOP is redefining "rape". The woman would have to prove or show utmost resistance in order to have a federally funded abortion, if she desires one. The proof is on the woman. And what are the religious beliefs of the GOP? Christian!! Who wants to ban abortions? The GOP! See any connections here?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The invention of theocracy was originally contrived as a method to control human behaviour. The genius of it is that you do not need an external force to govern a large populus, they govern themselves through a set of beliefs implanted in them as a part of their upbringing. This cultural indoctrination does however not come without side effects. One major aspect of religion in this context is to control human procreation through moral dogma that in many cases work contrary to mans natural biological functions. The frustration that arise from this paradoxical constraint on human behaviour leads to abuse of justice and the type of barbarism that this case is a good example of.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

LOOK AT YOUR OWN SICK CULTURE!

Behaviour such as this is not accepted in our own culture. Whether it happens or not is not important, it happens everywhere. It is whether it is accepted what counts. In these backwards cultures, it is often accepted as a right thing to do by majority, whereas here evil and criminal acts are universally condemned if they happen. Get it?

edit on 11/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Your absolutely correct, thank you for that link.

While I am still saddened and appalled, it is much nicer to know the family wasn't in on this, and that a police presence is necessary in the village. Hopefully the people with sense will get this horrific custom turned around.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

you are so right

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Blinded and sick you are

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Behaviour such as this is not accepted in our own culture. Whether it happens or not is not important, it happens everywhere. It is whether it is accepted what counts. In these backwards cultures, it is often accepted as a right thing to do by majority, whereas here evil and criminal acts are universally condemned if they happen. Get it?

Exactly. Can you imagine people trying to pass a religious law here allowing adolescents to be flogged for the crime of tempting men into raping them? The politician proposing such a law would be out of work the second people heard of it.

edit on 11/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

What are you talking about? I think most people I know of in the "Deep South" if their daughter was raped by whoever, there would be a lynching involved, and it wouldn't be the girl. That was quite a blanket statement. What are your first hand experiences or first hand knowledge of this type of thing happening in the deep south?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

The only thing I get is that you are distorting reality. You know nothing about Islam or the countries involved.
You are just a simplistic minded bigot who is looking at things on a superficial level.
edit on 11-2-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Slavery is alive today in America. And currently there are more slaves on this planet than any other time in history, approximately 27 million.

but we can't just pick on America. Haiti citizens keep slaves openly.

By the State department stats, approximately 300,000 people were trafficked out of eastern Europe and Russia alone last year, others believe the true figure closer to over 600,000. By trafficked, I mean Sold.

80% of these victims are women. 70% are used in the sex industry. They apply for jobs as nannies, waitresses, also education programs, models, etc. and the employment agencies are fake. They will have their passports and papers taken, they will be raped and they will be sold.

They fall for this because of the world economic crisis. And the countries they come from? Honestly, in many cases, to have tons of unemployed citizens disappear,...is just better for the economy.

This is a 45-90 billion dollar a year industry and this is being done in every region of the world. It overtook the arms trade as the second largest criminal enterprise on the planet and it is growing so fast,...it will overtake the drug trade and be number one.

And the thing in common with the Bangladesh victim?

The Average age is 14.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In America they use to lynch black people and the local governments did nothing, and we are talking about as late as the 60’s.

Here at least the Bangladesh government looks at what happened as a crime.

You people are just ignorant bigoted haters with little knowledge of what Islam is, was and what the cultural history of not only these countries are, but the world.

Most or all of these third world areas were colonized, which is a form of slavery, by some European Christian country.

Looking at history one sees that it was Islam that brought Europe out of the DARK AGES.

muslimmedianetwork.com...
answers.yahoo.com...
www.ifidonline.com...
wiki.answers.com...
www.turntoislam.com...

But of course none of you peopel know anything about that.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by h_jordan

Originally posted by h_jordan
If you been following the discussion from the begining you will notice that we were debating if the punishment was actually done according to Sharia Law, AmatuerSkyWatcher said yes and brought those verses from Quran to support what he/she is saying, i gave the explaination of the verse which sets very hard conditions to prove adultery, if someone believes in islam and wanted to punish sinners then he should follow Sharia Law literally which is not the case with all those fanatics, they may accuse someone with adultery based not on Sharia Law then pick whatever punishment they want, it is very clear to me here that the girl was killed because they wanted to kill her (she became a shame to her family) not because Sharia Law is saying so, you did notice that from the article:

Next, the local Sharia (Islamic) courts ruled that yound Hena should receive 101 lashes for the crime of adultery

and you wonder why the extra one, the answer is very simple, this is what they wanted to do, the verse in Quran clearly says 100 lashes not 101, this is a very clear proof that they don't actually follow Sharia Law.

if they really follow Sharia Law then they would have considered the girl as a victim and punished her cousin not her, this what i've been trying to say, not defending Islam not by any chance, but truth must be told.

the verse says "Married women" but it applies for both married and single women, Quran gave a much greater priority to married women because the consequences of accusing a married woman with adultery are much greater than those of a single woman, Quran losses more than %50 of its meaning when translated, even Arabs need to be specialized in Arabic language grammers and literature to interpret Quran.

i've been following since the beginning and you foolishly assume that i can't read.
First, in several stories it has been reported the child was convicted of adultery ... regardless of your argument. And, even if what you say is true ... mother, father, rapist, wife = 4 witnesses ... what's the problem understanding that?
the Q doesn't address the Male as perpetrator ... and that is a problem.

The verses also indicate 100 lashes due each party ... not just the girl --> yet, she's ordered 101 and he goes into hiding ???
No, this doesn't sound like the proper application of Shari'a however, clearly influenced by its guidelines. Even if Shari'a Law isn't being followed explicitly, that doesn't make Shari'a any more appealing or any less responsible.

This child was not dead before the lashes began. Beaten yes but not dead, so don't assume that was the intent of the family -- this cannot be proven. (however, one cannot deny honor killings are encouraged in Shari'a)
Regardless of the perversions of these acts, it does not alleviate the responsibility of the Shari'a practices employed. legal or not, right or wrong, Shari'a is directly responsible in a number of ways.

There are many perversions practiced in American Law but that doesn't alleviate the responsibility of the legal practices employed ... right or wrong, legal or not, American Law is responsible for it's own horrors.

you are missing the fact that i am not defending Islam but i am showing that the court and scholars are not following Sharia Law.
actually, i'm not missing that but i think you are missing my point that EVERY law/legal system is and can be perverted to suit any individual ... that is a problem for all.

Even if they were following the rules specifically as you indicated, it would be wrong, imho.
punishing her is completely un-excusable in my opinion. but hey, i'm an american.
the wife/victim of the rapist contributing to the beating sickens my heart.
personally, i find the whole culture to be the worst example of "honor" in my life.

may i add, that i am glad to hear many have been apprehended (haven't read any updates today yet) and potentially punished but that doesn't change my opinion of the acts this child endured, on any level.

Allah says this in Quran not me, i don't believe that too, i am an ex-muslim, seems like you didn't know and think i am a muslim defending islam.

actually, until you said so, i didn't know. i wouldn't suggest you are defending Islam, rather trying to separate it from these events.
no, i don't find you defending Islam or defending the Q for that matter, but it does seem as though you are of the opinion that since these acts are not explicitly reflective of instructions provided in the Q then Shari'a isn't involved, responsible, influential, or impacting the event much at all.
If so, i would respectfully disagree.

no religion is as complex as Islam, Mohammad the founder was either a very very intelligent man or a very very sick man or both.

i didn't know mo personally so i won't be passing judgment on the person but i'm leaning toward both. (there were many before and there have been many since)
However, the teachings left behind in his name, (much like many others) i find disturbing at best. I do believe that what others do is their choice. However, when barbaric events evolve from a perverted system of belief or 'justice', it should become everyone's concern.

Thanks for the 'because they wanted to' answer -- i kinda got that already ... i was hoping for something a bit more insightful (especially, from an insider) ... i still find the whole process wrong from the word go and i believe most compassionate humans agree (regardless of their religion).
Thanks for affirming these acts were not consistent with Shari'a but i don't think that would surprise many.
remember, i favor no organized religion ... i would be quite happy if they were all 'private' but that's not likely to happen either.
And honestly, i find the most difficult religion to understand is every one that encourages me to be something other than what i am ... or could be.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by Maslo

The only thing I get is that you are distorting reality. You know nothing about Islam or the countries involved.
You are just a simplistic minded bigot who is looking at things on a superficial level.

Why dont you then enlighten me with your deep level of understanding, instead of this ad-hominem? I am getting tired of apologetics like you, and I sure as hell am bigoted against any culture that accepts something like this!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by nightbringr

Where did I say that it was alright to do that?

America has more vicious crime than any place in the world.

You want me to go over the number of serial killers this wonderful CHRISTIAN WESTERN CIVILIZATION has produced?

Or the number of rape-murders that go on in this country? And I mean of CHILDREN!

So before people start calling others names

it's not nice to derail a thread and this didn't happen in the US ... try to keep it on topic, eh?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Looking at history one sees that it was Islam that brought Europe out of the DARK AGES.

There are moderate and intelligent people in Islam, and then there are Islamic extremists. It was the first one that gave rise to many scientific inventions, and it is the second group people are criticising. Your posts are off-topic.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.turntoislam.com...

We in the West know what the Ancient Greeks, Egyptians and Babylonians have done for us in terms of scientific discovery. Most of us have at least heard of Socrates, Ptolemy, Galen and Pythagoras and of their contributions to philosophy, astronomy, physics and mathematics. But how many of us have heard of Al-Kindi, Ibn Sina, Al-Razi, Ibn Al-Shatir, Ibn Al-Haytham or Al-Tusi? They are all Muslim scientists who made equally great contributions to science, between the 7th and 15th centuries – during the era known as the Dark Ages. Until recently, the era has been glossed over by historians who happily leapt from the fall of the Roman Empire straight to the Renaissance. But it's time for the West to recognize its debt to those Islamic scientists of the past, who forged ahead while Europe stagnated.

Islam was born around the 7th century, when the prophet Mohammad went to Mecca and the Qur'an first appeared in writing. According to its teachings, the pursuit of knowledge was the duty of every Muslim. As the work of God was everywhere and in everything, to understand the nature of the physical world was to know God. It was therefore the duty of every Muslim to pursue knowledge of the world around them.

Early Islam was dynamic. Its followers had the vitality of a people freed from a nomadic way of life. Muslim scholars were intensely curious about the world around them and many peoples were keen to share in what it had to offer. All of which helped to provide a strong motivation for Muslims to come together with others in the pursuit of an Islamic science. This they did with an enthusiasm and dedication that would remain unrivalled until the Renaissance period many centuries later.

What did Islam do for science? Early Islam probably encouraged the greatest international, cross-cultural, intellectual collaborations, under the banner of science. A phenomenon that has not been recorded in history of science since.

Sure Islam has gone down becasue the Europeans colonized, raped, and tried to destroy Muslim lands as they did to the Native Americans and Africans.

Life does not exist in a vacuum. Nothing just pops into existence without a background. Life in Muslim lands will return to past glories slowly as the Muslim societies have freed themselves from European colonialism.

Naturally there will be some of those lands that will experience backward motion because of the trauma of colonialism.
But just like the rise of China [BTW that has over 200 million Muslims in it] India [which also numbers millions of Muslims] Indonesia, and even Turkey the Muslim lands will rise again to contribute to the world.

Look at Egypt, this is NOT AN ISLAMIC REVOLUTION, it is a democratic grass roots movement.

SO stop being ignorant, bigoted, and wake up, grow up, and DENY IGNORANCE!

ALL of us; with all of our hearts condemn the crimes against this poor child.
But don’t blame that on Islam; blame it on the opportunistic criminals who used Islam to cover up their crimes.

Muhammad in his time stopped a vile practice of the Arabs of murdering female childre. The vile activity that went on in Bangadesh is not SANCTIONED BY SHARIA LAW!

edit on 11-2-2011 by inforeal because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But just like the rise of China [BTW that has over 200 million Muslims in it]

Any source? That seems too much to me. Wiki:

According to data provided by the San Diego State University's International Population Center to U.S. News & World Report, China has 65.3 million Muslims.[41] The BBC's "Religion and Ethics" website gave a range of 20 million to 100 million (1.5% to 7.5% of the total) Muslims in China.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Excuse me it is likely 20 million, islaminchina.wordpress.com... I

Though some do claim 200 million
www.themodernreligion.com...

As many people in China . . . who realy knows.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I'm on your side. Read the post carefully it's Inforeal that made those statements and I was responding to them.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So by your reasoning the reason these people raped and killed this innocent girl is because the West has committed acts against Islam in the past?

How dare you justify the actions of these people. I'm of Irish decent, but I will never harm another because the English starved us during the potato famine. I take responsibilty for my own actions.

Your logic is flawed to the extreme.

edit on 11-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join