It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

You make some excellent points; in every culture it seems as though the women and girls are the ones who pay a very real price. It's as though it's okay for males to do as they please and the woman or girl who is the one called names or in cases such as this pay with their lives. Although in the Western culture it doesn't go to that extreme resulting in the victim's death, rape victims here have often said that they were raped again by the legal system. And, it's also true that in social situations men who play the field so to speak are looked upon as studs where as the women are called vile names usually by the men who had relations with them.

The double standard is alive and well in our own culture and is visible everyday. How many times have we heard comments such as "Well, she should have kept her legs together.", "her baby; my maybe" and the list goes on.

This is tragic and takes the double standard to extremes and I join in wondering how it could happen. It's wrong and there is no way to justify it. However, lest the Muslim bashing begin I would remind all that it isn't all Muslims who behave in this fashion. It is my hope that those men and women who joined in this action or who stood by and let it happen rot for eternity in a very very hot place.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Stuff like that happens in the deep south too, just not involving the courts stoning anyone to death.

Instead, the case is kept under wraps, and the accused walks away into his pent-house and the family continues to suffer thinking their daughter was a whore.

While this disturbs me to the point of 'man on fire', I keep in mind... this isn't every arabian, this isn't every muslim.

The judicial system is the real target.

How does this logic/mindset come to be the 'norm' ?

I want to hear from the side of the accusing. I want to know why/how and in what shape or form this can be seen as logical or the right thing to do.
edit on 8-2-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

I didn't follow the link (dial up!) but the thread title was to say the least a bit inflammatory and inaccurate from what I could see...
From what I see, the event took place in Bangladesh, Pakistan. From what I have heard, Pakistan is going to be the next target to be pounded and flattened and crushed by the American military machine. Hence stories like these, calculated to inflame Americans into accepting the loss of more good ole boys, who'll come back in flag draped coffins. (Is it still an imprisonable offence to show this in the news?)
V.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Ah. I wondered how long it would take for someone to gloss-over the real life and tragic event of a young girl dying by an Illegal Fatawa, in favor of pointing out "supposed" media influence meant to be a strategic planning move for a "supposed" invasion of said country. This is a distraction technique and a poor one at that, though it does happen a lot in these threads. Now, why would that be?

edit on 8-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
(dial up!)

Why?

No further questions.

From what I see, the event took place in Bangladesh, Pakistan.

Bangladesh and Pakistan are separate countries. This happened in Bangladesh.

link   
seems dudes wife pressed charges against her for messn around with her hubby.. she cryd rape, which may or not have been the case so, he said she said, then the wife and a bunch of her friends went and whoopd the girls azz but unfortunately she died about a week later.. events like that happen everyday all over the world..
this is just media hype imho.. anti muslim "those people" propaganda.. imo..
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Did you guys hear about a place called America where they take all black people and slave them up and hang them. I mean they didn't even let them use the same water-fountains, just 50 years ago, I mean what kind of place has people drinking from another water fountain? Such a backward and third world country

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

I would like to know who has killed more. Muslims, Christians, or Atheists.

Before anyone singles out a religion first look at your own. Don't forget Bosnia, Ireland, German death camps, Witch Trails, Crusades... do you consider Christianity to be an evil violent religion? It might have killed more overall.

The faiths are not evil, evil people use faiths as justification to do evil...
edit on 8-2-2011 by pianopraze because: edit.. sorry missed your last sentence, edited post accordingly

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Did you hear about a place called America where they evolved and stopped the enslavement and hanging of black people and started to and have continued to allow black people to use the same water fountain as white people?

I heard about it back in elementary school. I see proof of it every time I see a black person drinking from a water fountain. Evolution of society is a crazy concept. It involves taking the mistakes of the past and progressing towards being more civilized and free. Go figure, right?

This America place managed to overcome it's mistakes in about 150 years. Compare that to the Islamic culture holding to it's thousands of years old traditions and you've got yourself a flawed argument.

Thanks for trying though.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I love that argument. Whenever people start pointing out all of America's faults (and we have plenty), it is nice to look at the progress the country has made in such a short time, while other countries and cultures have not done it in thousands of years! China, Russia, the whole African continent, and the Middle East seem to be standing still while America progresses.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by invetro

I would like to know who has killed more. Muslims, Christians, or Atheists.

Before anyone singles out a religion first look at your own. Don't forget Bosnia, Ireland, German death camps, Witch Trails, Crusades... do you consider Christianity to be an evil violent religion? It might have killed more overall.

The faiths are not evil, evil people use faiths as justification to do evil...
edit on 8-2-2011 by pianopraze because: edit.. sorry missed your last sentence, edited post accordingly

Personally, I'm an inherently non-religious in the sense that I cannot stand the deity worship and constraining rules that each religion has to "offer," nor do I feel the need to garner any sense of false hope from some creator or prophet, but this isn't about me, and it isn't about which religion has killed more people. Anything that condones actions such as those mentioned in the OP is something to worry about, be it one 14 year old or millions of innocent people.

If the faiths are not evil, then they shouldn't give the ammo and platform to fanatical supporters who are able to conduct themselves in such a manner, but they do. I don't hear many Muslims who will tackle these issues directly, instead choosing the old "but we're a peaceful bunch" get out of jail free card. The vocal, violent minority, if they really ARE a minority, are getting away with this on a large scale.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Let me stop this confusion!

"America" doesn't exist.

300 million people + living on a massive chunk of extremely diverse land DOES.

You can't get the exact same opinion with TWO single people without trying your VERY hardest.

I love how whenever it's convenient "AMERICA" is this heroic magical UNITED voice.

Many still would vote for slavery in the states if they could.

Many hated it then, many are disgusted by it now. (including myself)

What you're all missing... is that it's been basically the SAME PEOPLE doing it within different countries. The same bloodlines. There is no "America".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I know some will say " but not all Muslims agree with this ....... "

But I am quite sure if something was done in the name of the Catholic Church, there would be a protest or at least an organized public message or PR response.

When I see protests and public announcements from clerics on mass denouncing these people as not being Muslim. Then I will believe it is not quietly sanctioned.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Vicky32

Ah. and here we go. Wondered how long it would take for someone to gloss-over the real life and tragic event of a young girl dying by an Illegal Fatawa, in favor of pointing out "supposed" media influence meant to be a strategic planning move for a "supposed" invasion of said country. his is a distraction technique and a poor one, at that.

edit on 8-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I was not glossing over the offence, just wondering why the thread and the spewing of hatred had popped up now! In fact I was agreeing with the person whose post I quoted, who said that it's important to note that not all Muslims do or approve of things like this.
Also, I made a point about the misleading thread title..
V.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

You are right about the confusion, lack of agreement, and desires that certain elements have in all societies to control the weaker minority and exploit them.

Still, I think "America" does exist, and the government that we have in place, although flawed in many ways, is still proof that the society can overcome those evil elements and progress rather quickly into a very civilized environment.

I'm not saying it is perfect by any means, but women's rights, racial equality, and the current fight on sexual orientation are all proof that our system works more quickly and more effectively than the other systems mentioned earlier. You might have seen a story like the OP here 200 years ago, and you might have seen it 50 years ago in the most rural areas, but you won't see it today. We corrected the error of our ways in a couple of centuries, while others have let it drag on for millenia!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

(dial up!)

Why?

No further questions.

From what I see, the event took place in Bangladesh, Pakistan.

Bangladesh and Pakistan are separate countries. This happened in Bangladesh.

Dial up is very slow, especially here in New Zealand, you probably have no idea! (I have limited time here.)
As to Bangladesh and Pakistan, you're right, my mistake, sorry!
V.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is absultely sick. I was just disagreeing with another poster yesterday about poorly extremists treat their women. He think this type of incident is isolated, overblown, and not a product of the religion. I disagree completely.

This is disgusting. No excuse for it. When this type of thing happens, why don't more Muslims speak out against it? I feel horrible for this girl. It's absolutely gut-wrenching. Since when is getting raped a crime, and where the hell is the logic in this? Why wouldn't the men in the family of this girl naturaly be irate, and want to hurt the guy who did this? How is this accepted by the other women in the family? It was a family memer who did this, a cousin. So this is how this guy thought of his younger cousin? He obviously knew if he raped her she would be killed for breaking the law. So what, one morning he woke up and thought it was a good idea to rape his cousin, and effectively give her a death sentence? He clearly knew what the consequences of his actions would have been beforehand.

There should be an uproar all over the world be the muslim communtiy every time something like this happens. But I hear nothing.....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

It popped up now because it happened now. Quite frankly it doesn't matter where it happened; what matters is that it did happen. It's wrong; very very wrong and would be wrong no matter the geographical location. I can not for the life of me figure out how a rape and murder of a young child and the reporting of such is a media influence designed to promote a war that hasn't happened. Honestly, it doesn't matter the faith of those involved nor the location simply that it happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I love that argument.

I am by no means an America cheerleader, but it's just so stupid. Come on, guys. Yes, the United States has it's problems and we are by no means entirely free in this country. Yes, the United States has made mistakes and has stains on it's history, such as slavery.

But really... there's no comparison to make. The United States, despite it's faults and imperfections, is more free and more civilized than countries who do this sort of thing. That is a FACT! Period. There is no basis for a debate on that. It is a simple and irrefutable fact.

Besides, to even bring that up in this subject is to troll. The fact that a 14 year old girl was raped, beaten for being raped, arrested for being raped, tried for being raped, convicted for being raped, punished for being raped, and ultimately killed for being raped has absolutely NOTHING to do with something that was abolished 146 years ago in a country that is not even involved in this subject.

America's imperfections does not and will never excuse the fact that a 14 year old rape VICTIM is dead.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Only the people can demand change to such idiocy. It may be a thousand years or more from now, but this garbage will end some day...

But before that can happen, the worship of evil gods who should be in anger management programmes first needs to be banned, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The saddest part is this is not a stand out case, not to detract from this tragedy but it's pretty much an everyday occurance in these countries.

Women are treated so abhorrently in these places and no, the nice muslims who dont do these things arent as innocent as they like to believe, they're simply passing the buck and denying they're enabling and facilitating these crimes. They know these things happen but have been deeply culturaly brainwashed into unspoken laws of secrecy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." as they say

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join