It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Dont you think calling a Unjust Country criminal System " Islamic" wrong?
Islam is a religion, This is an example of corrupt laws. This post is an example of hate propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is sad. But recognizing that "they" are not savages and inhuman, and recognizing our own leanings in the same direction is our best hope. It is by pretending that "They" are somehow different that "We" justify our own cruelty.

If we recognize that there is no essential difference, and that we are the same, then we have the opportunity to deal with the problem of our inhumanity, rather than justify it by making other people less human.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

just a side note, but if the "kid" shot and killed his parents, he probably needs medical help, not prison. apparently we did away with state run mental institutions because they were found to be abusive, but the result was, mentally ill people are now put in jail and prison. it's mind boggling to say the least, that we use our prison system as a mental institution and imagine how it must be for people who are not guilty of a crime, getting accused incorrectly and shoved in there with the sick people. and that right there, is competing for some of the punishments of sharia cause there literally is no pain on this planet, as bad as being mentally ill. i've had babies without meds, a huge breast cut off and sent home same day as the surgery, etc. and there's NOTHING as bad as going crazy (brain infection=worse thing you could wish on a person. wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy or best friend!)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by lee anoma

I did actually miss this part and have a new found massive respect for the Bangladeshi government.

The court in Bangladeshi already ruled that SHARIAH is ILLEGAL.
That should have made a lot of people happy, but I think you stopped reading after the first paragraph.

First of all, a terrible and much too common tragedy - a fate that no child nor human should ever have to endure - surely the concept of Hell itself could not be so cruel. Glad to see there's a lot more rational posters on this thread. But as a side point, this is NOT common practice in all Muslim countries that practice Shariaa law - Muslim laws differ in temperance, just like they do in every other country. Like you say, everyone just reads the headline and then jumps around shouting with a very limited understanding of what they're reading. This sort of punishment is not even dished out in Saudi (i.e. beating to death), the most infamous Shariaa state - it is an example of the uneducated villager mentality. Non-Muslims do this sort of stuff too.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

wow -- you really have missed the boat haven't you?
check some of these before spouting such nonsense about Others lack of education ...
www.omdurman.org...
www.ethiosun.com...
humanrights.einnews.com...

when or if you choose to open your eyes, please join civilization ... otherwise, enjoy your life along D'Nile.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by General.Lee

well millions of non-catholic christians have disavowed the crusades but still get blamed for it. millions of americans, have disavowed war, but we still get blamed for it. etc etc. the problem seems to be the same, across the board. everyone is blaming everyone else, BY GROUP, for ease of stereotyping. i realize that if you have enough people who believe the same thing and that same thing is horrible, that it does pose a difficult problem, but the response should not be genocide.

at least, i don't think so. i have to speak up, as history has proven that mass mind and mob mentality can be just as deadly and unreasonable as the next mass mind and mob mentality. what good does it do to kill as a punishment of killing? i never did understand that.

Even more ridiculous is using alcohol swabs to disinfect people before they receive the lethal injection! Ultimately, not every religion or cultural stance can be correct. The concept of basing your 'faith' or 'beliefs' towards anything on the environment that you have grown up in is delusional and an insult to one's own potential for infinite wisdom. Culture is artificial and subjective, as Jiddu Krishnamurti once said, 'it is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society' - we must begin to start seeing each other as humans, we must look into ourselves for the truth and stop blaming this guy or that guy for being born into a certain religion. There must be an objective form of morality, perhaps Deontology (i.e. treat others as you would have them treat you) .Anyone that would kill someone so brutally is a bad person, full stop - regardless of their religion. I like to believe that most people are good - but there's days where I doubt this. Instead of focusing on what religion the murderers were from, focus on what drove them to think it was ok to murder someone. Clearly, this is caused a lack of critical or rational thought - similar to the lack of rational thought displayed by those who'd rather blame someone than try to understand the psychological origins of this phenomenon and thereafter, uproot it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think I was 9 or 10 when I read "The Lottery." The imagery has stayed with me my whole life. Your description is very like it.

Edit to add, the person who threw the concrete block was kind. And you would be surprised how quickly people you know would become accustomed to that if it began here. You look at photos of lynchings, hangings, etc., and they are like parties, tons of people.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

Um...No they weren't. You might want to check Webster's against your definition of kindness. Because in my experience anyone that bashes someone's head in with a cinderblock, for whatever purpose, could never be called "kind". Presumably he's kind because he "ended it quickly" so because he was more expedient in his act of BRUTAL MURDER than the others he is "kind"? Yes he is a regular Albert Schweitzer (sarcasm definitely intended). God deliver us from such "kindness".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by lee anoma

I did actually miss this part and have a new found massive respect for the Bangladeshi government.

The court in Bangladeshi already ruled that SHARIAH is ILLEGAL.
That should have made a lot of people happy, but I think you stopped reading after the first paragraph.

First of all, a terrible and much too common tragedy - a fate that no child nor human should ever have to endure - surely the concept of Hell itself could not be so cruel. Glad to see there's a lot more rational posters on this thread. But as a side point, this is NOT common practice in all Muslim countries that practice Shariaa law - Muslim laws differ in temperance, just like they do in every other country. Like you say, everyone just reads the headline and then jumps around shouting with a very limited understanding of what they're reading. This sort of punishment is not even dished out in Saudi (i.e. beating to death), the most infamous Shariaa state - it is an example of the uneducated villager mentality. Non-Muslims do this sort of stuff too.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

wow -- you really have missed the boat haven't you?
check some of these before spouting such nonsense about Others lack of education ...
www.omdurman.org...
www.ethiosun.com...
humanrights.einnews.com...

when or if you choose to open your eyes, please join civilization ... otherwise, enjoy your life along D'Nile.

reply to post by Honor93

Wow, only one of those sources actually presents any specific information. The rest are extremely ungeneralisable - how unbiased of you. I am not living in denial, I live in a country (and there are many similar) that has Shariaa law yet does not have capital punishment, you're the one in denial. Drinking is also legal here. Your sources would state otherwise, therefore your sources are ungeneralisable. I said that Shariaa law varies across countries, not that there's no countries that use extreme forms of it. I don't think you read what I just wrote. What I meant to explicate was that women aren't beaten to death for being raped very frequently in Saudi, not that there is no capital punishment. What about Non-Muslims performing the same acts? Thought you'd leave that out did you?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjOHNSON
Dont you think calling a Unjust Country criminal System " Islamic" wrong?
Islam is a religion, This is an example of corrupt laws. This post is an example of hate propaganda.

This is a very nice way of summing it up, well done.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisisnotdead
How awful. This makes me sad and angry at the same time. Sad because the girl didn't do anything wrong, and angry because the person who did do something wrong fled like a coward. Angry because the court did something terribly, terribly wrong in 'punishing' the girl. I don't get their logic; did they punish her for allowing herself to be raped? And why would the family beat her afterward in the first place? Ugh. Seriously disgusted right now.

While I agree with all of your sentiments completely, please don't feel the state was complicit in this. Arrests have been made, this wasn't classed as legal by the laws of that particular land. I feel that is important to note.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
some of the fundie muslims are recruiting out of prisons. in the USA, that is not a good idea. the prisons of the usa are a mix of mentally ill people, put in prison because the medical laws state that a person who can enact a deliberate and well planned murder, is not crazy. i think they have to rule like this in order to support the rest of their decisions, such as the decision to kill people just because you disagree with them on some point.

vicious circle.
edit on 9-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Stop marginalizing Islam by referring to this kind of thing as "fringe" or "extremist". It's not. It's common and accepted behavior in the Mid East. When will people get this?
reply to post by General.Lee

Should we take it as a different culture and tolerate it, or, should we condemn it as evil.

"Accepted behavior in the mid east". WTF!!!

What if your neighbor starts to practice the "mid east religion" right next your door, and magine, the neighbor Moslem guy raped your daughter and now try to kill her with the group of people from the same Mosque.

You sound quite comfortable with that.

The event in the mid east is not that far away, it is much closer than you think.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stopterrystops

Yes, because he or she (likely a he) ended the spectacle quickly, they are kind. Its far crueler to throw the small stones, aimed at the body to draw the suffering out and make it last longer. For someone to grab a cinderblock, and hit her in the head, clearly, they did not want her to suffer. You are supposed to use stones that will not allow the person to die in one shot. Its supposed to be torture. Not just death.

It is nice to live in a world where you can prevent the execution of your friends and family, or other human beings by long torturous means. But not everyone has that luxury. In those cultures, there is nothing you could do if they decided to stone to death your best friend. No way you could prevent it. Sometimes all you have to offer another being is a fast and relatively painless end, and yes, it is a kindness to do so.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I guess until one of TPTB calls it "Terrorism" nothing will change. It's a sin that as people we allow this type of horror to continue when we're all so willing to fight for oil. Those ladies that have had the stength to live through these horrendous events feel free to come over to Canada. Our arms are open and so are our hearts. You don't deserve to be treated this way, even if they are your own people. You don't desrerve it!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The source for this thread is...an opinion on what looks like a blog.

Business as usual on ATS.

I manged to find this article which has no mention of rape and in which the perpetrators seem to have been arrested due to demands from the people:

Four people including a Muslim cleric have been arrested in Bangladesh in connection with the death of 14-year-old girl who was publicly lashed.

A group of people held a rally on Wednesday in the town of Shariatpur in protest against those who gave the fatwa and demanded action against them. www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 9-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Man, If things like this isnt enough to see how their culture and religion are messed up then I dont know what to say to anyone who even tries to defend them. We hear about these things all the time and I think most people would agree it is messed up beyond belief!!

I will never be open to accepting any part of their culture or religion, even though the liberals in this country want to ram their culture down our throats, mandatory arabic classes in Texas? Katie Couric wanting a muslim comedy show? What to try to humanize these people...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

Wow, only one of those sources actually presents any specific information. The rest are extremely ungeneralisable - how unbiased of you. I am not living in denial, I live in a country (and there are many similar) that has Shariaa law yet does not have capital punishment, you're the one in denial. Drinking is also legal here. Your sources would state otherwise, therefore your sources are ungeneralisable. I said that Shariaa law varies across countries, not that there's no countries that use extreme forms of it. I don't think you read what I just wrote. What I meant to explicate was that women aren't beaten to death for being raped very frequently in Saudi, not that there is no capital punishment. What about Non-Muslims performing the same acts? Thought you'd leave that out did you?

each source provided different information -- clearly you didn't bother to look ... and each also highlights current Saudi capital punishment activities. for you to claim you live under Shari'a but without capital punishment and NOT offer your location is BS in my book and most others.

if your going to use non-existent words - "ungeneralisable" - could you at least define them, please?
Shari'a law doesn't vascillate ... it is Law, it doesn't change, the application of it does ... just like American law.

you said -- Saudi doesn't administer beatings or capital punishment techniques and that is a lie.
you cannot 'explicate' what you stated as fact - nice try.
However, the fact is -- women are often beaten or abused in a variety of ways and frequently, in Saudi.
I have had more than one opportunity to go to Saudi on business ... and there isn't enough money in the world to convince me to voluntarily subject myself to such open brutality and oppression.

This subject isn't about non-muslims or any religion for that matter ... it is about the INhumane acts currently being inflicted all around the world but mostly in Islamic states, countries or regions.
If you want to discuss other atrocities, start a thread and i'd be happy to join.
However, you deflection technique fails here.
ps: i'm a non-religious and have never committed such acts and btw, drinking is legal in most countries, what makes you so special?

edit on 9-2-2011 by Honor93 because: correct address and formatting

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

How cruel and sick to say it is a kindness to throw a brick at her. How about run over to the girl and cover her up with your own body to prevent her further injury. Isn't this what Jesus Christ did in his life and taught to do the same?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Its not cruel and sick at all. How funny you would think so. People who love their pets put them down all the time, because they dont want them to suffer. I would absolutely hope a friend of relative of mine would try to hit me in the head with something big quickly and knock me out or kill me if I were being stoned.

IF you could stop the stoning, of course that would be the best thing to do. But IF you have no chance of preventing it, the next kindest thing to do is try your best to shorten the suffering of the person by killing them quickly.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
ok, i've got one question that seems to be avoided at all costs ... anyone dare to answer?

regarding the process of stoning or lashing or beating ... from all the divine books i've read there is one 'rule' (if you will) regarding these actions that seem to be ignored by all, why is that?

every religious instructional indicates something along the phrase of "let he who is withOUT sin, cast the first stone" ... soooooo, where is any messiah in all of this?

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join