It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vardlokkur

i don't think killing people because they are: 1) sick in some way, 2) have a different world view than your own, 3) have had a member at any given time in the past, do horrific things, or 4) have laws that are inhumane, is such a good idea. primarily because it shows no concept of compassion and gives the impression that no one of your particular world view/nation has ever done anything wrong.

genocide is not an option we are supposed to be exercising, as human beings.
edit on 9-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You missed the earlier post where in Ireland until very recently, (1996) some women were held as slaves essentially, for life, by Christian organizations, for having sex, being too flirtatious, getting molested, or raped, etc.

As bad as that is, it is not as disgusting as this story (and many more) that have come from Islams sharia law. People can bitch about Israel's "war crimes" but at least they don't do # like this to their people!

*snip*
edit on 2/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
reply to post by Isawsomething

Find a true western person who still believes this and you've found yourself a liar or a mentalist. Either way would be an complete outcast of society and if they acted like they believed they would be more likely to be hunted by a mob and beaten for being a monster not a victim.

I think you mean, American. I live in the West, alas in a 3rd world country, and let me tell you Christian incestuous rape by priests and pastors is alarmingly common. When you have a corrupt government where you can get away with murder for the right amount of $, does it really surprise you?

or do you mean a true western that believes Deuteronomy literally? Do you know how many people TRULY believe gays are an abomination and should be wiped out off of the face of the earth? Do you know how many people sign a bill that would criminalize "pagan religions" or "atheism" if they could? Do you know how many people refer to their God as their "Lord" (as in slavery, owner, master) .

Please, let's be real.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Can't really read a lot of stuff like this...makes me want to just...slowly peal the skin off of everybody that was involved...beating a 14 year old girl to death...abolish religion already, for christ's sake.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I watched this documentary, this is horrible. Children feeling the presence of god, when they should be focusing on making friends, playing, making up believe games. I was absolutely mortified, I actually cried. People, you should watch this video. It really helps to open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Pro-muslims always say Muslims are peaceful, but they always point to Muslims that don't live in Muslim countries.

I still don't get why you guys aren't acknowledging this fact:

Four people, including a Muslim cleric, have been arrested in connection with Hena's death, the BBC said. Police said they were looking for another 14 people in the case.

Bangladesh's high court has ordered district officials in Shariatpur to explain why they did not protect the girl, The Daily Star said. The court ruled eight months ago that Shariah punishment was illegal. -AOL news

*My bolds.

Sure it is a tragic nightmare of epic proportions, but the way you all are carrying on, you'd think every Muslim in the world condoned this event.

The court in Bangladeshi already ruled that SHARIAH is ILLEGAL.
That should have made a lot of people happy, but I think you stopped reading after the first paragraph.

I'm going to try and explain to a degree how a village or town can get away with something like this using an example plucked not too long ago from U.S. headlines:

Remember the friggin' FLDS:

Warren Jeffs lived in a community that was made up of school administrators, a mayor, police officials, and a lot of other men in positions of authority, that believed in and supported the subjugation and abuse of women under the beliefs of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

All of which had no where to turn to for help because "Until courts in Utah intervened, Jeffs controlled almost all of the land in Colorado City, Arizona, and Hildale, Utah".

They ran the whole city!!

These men married multiple women and young girls, kicked the young males out of town (some of which were also abused) for fear of competition, and whenever a girl did try to seek help outside (like the 16 year old married to the 50 year old man who impregnated her at 15), the town denied the claims altogether and protected the abusers.

This messiah that ran the city through religious right, allegedly sodomized three of his nephews while members of the family watched. One of the nephews later committed suicide after reporting the incident. No one helped, because those that were supposed to uphold the law were also guilty of the same crimes.

So here's the perspective that is lacking throughout most of this thread that seems to be about condemning all Muslims and foolishly trying to prove Christianity is the better religion:

Just because some small town or village commits crimes under the banner of religious belief, doesn't mean the entire country supports those crimes because it is connected to the religious beliefs of the majority.

As with Jeffs, the government stepped in once they found out about what happened to the girl.

Is that reasonable or should we blame Glenn Beck for what happened because he's a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

- Lee

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wow, this is just now coming to light?

Stories seem to be conflicting on what exactly the punishment was. She apparently got 50 lashes a day from the 23rd forward until the fatwa was issued.

From 5 days ago

Fatwa condeming 5 days ago

Conflicting stories about her lashings... 2 days ago

Hope this helps your discussion

My .02¢

Silver

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by vardlokkur

i don't think killing people because they are: 1) sick in some way, 2) have a different world view than your own, 3) have had a member at any given time in the past, do horrific things, or 4) have laws that are inhumane, is such a good idea. primarily because it shows no concept of compassion and gives the impression that no one of your particular world view/nation has ever done anything wrong.

genocide is not an option we are supposed to be exercising, as human beings.
edit on 9-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

Compassion is for those who deserve it. This family deserves nothing. This religion is absurd, all religions are problems. All they do is give sick people reasons to hurt others.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
please refrain from calling for genocide of muslims, christians and jews. i realize the history of the planet has some seriously dark chapters and incredibly horrific behavior, just remember that these events are not isolated to abrahamic faiths, nor are they across the board. compassion folks, compassion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

Tragic.

I'm glad they arrested these men for their illegal acts.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That was only in Ireland and look where they are now in the top 30 developed nation since they've seen their crazy ways I'm in no way saying that is right and you cannot justify something by saying someone else did it, This is far too common and tolerated by one religion a billion times more than any other at this precise point in human development and yes they should stop these practices i couldn't careless about what religion they chose to follow, pretty much all organized religion is a sham in one way or another, there could be a million religions all competing for a share of the wealth gained from such systems but now at least with Christians and the other religions they don't chose to follow their versions of the book to the letter and that is where the problems lie because sharia law derives from the Qur'an and is supposedly gods law, if i was god i would smite them all for being do dammed stupid believing that this is my will.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is not just a religious repercussion, this has to do with people's lack of education and extremist governments taking advantage of them. This is a system where sick individuals are protected by the "law."

Women in these societies are not even regarded as human beings. More often than none, men go unpunished and the women are murdered. I don't see that as being part of any religion. These sick governments rewrite the religion so that they can control their people.

I hope the same @%&*# get raped and murdered. An eye for an eye? Is that fair? Is that law? Is that justice? I can live with that...I really can.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What is really laughable, is that these people actually believe that there way of life and their sacred religion is of peace and harmony? And yet once again we see Sharia Law stand out, and yet so many on ATS and within the country wish to defend these people?

Being that they are in a 3rd world country, and though all the financial hand outs have been tossed to the way side, would further suggest that they are incapable of a normal, productive life within society. It is a growing threat, that if a group of peoples cannot act civilized, IMO, they need to be eradicated. By what ever means necessary.

Now I know there will be those who cry out against my comments, but why embrace a people who are nothing more than a burden on the rest of society? Not to mention, kill off their own because of backward thought process.

Disgusting at best~

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

what's your world view? agnostic? pagan? atheist? are you prepared to see examples of people who have your world view behaving badly and will you mind if i draw it from any point in time, all the way back to 4000 years ago? shall we go back to ancient records and use them as an excuse to genocide people with your world view? you realize the old testament laws were the political structures of the time and that life was even worse for women and chidren in the far east and europe? baby females were and still are in some cases, killed at birth because they were female. and often in really horrific ways, and all in the name of population control or dowry requirements being too expensive.

stop calling for genocide.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I did actually miss this part and have a new found massive respect for the Bangladeshi government.

The court in Bangladeshi already ruled that SHARIAH is ILLEGAL.
That should have made a lot of people happy, but I think you stopped reading after the first paragraph.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
An eye for an eye sounds like the perfect punishment. I guess religion is something to blame. I just dont understand how a family can beat a girl for being raped and believe she's a whore. How in the world does that even work in someone's mind? Poor girl.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As with so many of these events i believe it is about time Muslims start distancing themselves from these crazy laws not every Muslim follows this and who can blame them.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Im just saying, getting all rabid and calling people barbarians is a two way street. Islam and Christianity are peas from the same Abrahamic pod. The old testament absolutely condones what was done to that 14 year old girl, it allows stoning to death for all sorts of reasons.

And you might argue, "well they dont do it," and I would argue back, "anymore. because secular thinking has put the brakes on that for now."

If we did not have a Constitutional separation of church and state, I assure you, we would have a Christian version of the Taliban running regions here in the US. Stoning people and who knows what else. Religious extremists here bomb clinics, assassinate doctors, all kinds of nuttery, please dont think they would not happily take up stoning if they had the chance. The only reason they have toned down is because the laws regarding terrorism have given them pause. For now.

There are extremists and nuts in all religions. My argument is, dont use this incident as an excuse to be one yourself. There simply isnt enough real difference between Islam and Christianity to support pretending they are totally different things.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
An eye for an eye sounds like the perfect punishment. I guess religion is something to blame. I just dont understand how a family can beat a girl for being raped and believe she's a whore. How in the world does that even work in someone's mind? Poor girl.

i don't believe in an eye for an eye. i mean, if someone came at me with rocks to stone me to death, i would defend myself and might be prone to going amazon woman, but i would not condemn the entire faith to genocide just because i don't like their teachings or behavior.

of course, i'm a westernized christian, with a liberal upbringing. your mileage may vary.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Well men being unable to control themselves sexually is a big part of the religions of the region and Islam takes it to an extreme.

The reason you cover your hair, your entire face, your whole body is not because what God made is shameful. Not at all. Its not really about the woman. Its about the fact that if you dont, a man will lose his mind and rape you. So rather than asking the men to develop self control, and restraint, women have been made responsible for ensuring men dont lose control. And obviously that gets taken to all sorts of weird extremes. Such as stoning a 14 year old girl to death because a 40 year old man cant control himself.

Its really weird that a set of religions that claim women to be weak, place ALL the responsibility for the behavior of men on women. Kinda harkens back to the whole apple thing, Eve is at fault, not just because she ate the apple, but because poor mindless Adam did too.

Its a really strange belief system when you think about it. Which is why they use brainwashing to bypass that pesky thinking thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join