It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

14yr Old Rape Victim Beaten to Death by Islamic Court

www.fortliberty.org

Hena Begum was a fourteen year old girl growing up in the Shariatpur region of Bangladesh until her forty year old cousin decided to rape her.

After she was raped, the rapist and his family then beat her until she was unconscious.

Next, the local Sharia (Islamic) courts ruled that yound Hena should receive 101 lashes for the crime of adultery — for the crime of being a child raped by an adult.

The Muslim clerics took the young girl, who still could not stand on her own, to a public square and
(visit the link for the full news article)

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The rapist, a man known as Mahbub, was previously convicted of rape and sentenced to marry his rape victim. The rape victim from that encounter was one of the family members who helped beat young Hena unconscious before her “trial.” Mahbub has since disappeared in order to avoid punishment for this more recent rape.

What the hell do you say to such an absurd event?
Fanaticism is truly a disease of the mind!!!

These aren't fanatics anymore, these are sick people.

This is a perfect example of why Theocracy, of any religion, is simply a demon's curse upon society.

Though something must be done, after you read how a rape victim was part of the beatings, yes she may have been forced, how do you react?

What solutions can one think of?

An unfortunate Pros of World Govt.

www.fortliberty.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

+57 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I saw this story (yesterday) and it's yet another example of the vileness that is Sharia Law and the utter backwardsness of those who still follow it.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Stuff like that happens in the deep south too, just not involving the courts stoning anyone to death.

Instead, the case is kept under wraps, and the accused walks away into his pent-house and the family continues to suffer thinking their daughter was a whore.

While this disturbs me to the point of 'man on fire', I keep in mind... this isn't every arabian, this isn't every muslim.

The judicial system is the real target.

How does this logic/mindset come to be the 'norm' ?

I want to hear from the side of the accusing. I want to know why/how and in what shape or form this can be seen as logical or the right thing to do.
edit on 8-2-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Only the people can demand change to such idiocy. It may be a thousand years or more from now, but this garbage will end some day...

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Can you cite an example?

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I just cannot imagine it. It is really beyond normal comprehension.

Even if I could wrap my mind around the motivations of the rapist and the twisted logic of the court, I could never get my mind around the father going along with the punishment. Any father that doesn't die trying to stop something this absurd is un-human. Mother's too. Sure, the mother is indoctrinated into the culture, but it should be humanly impossible to stand idly by and watch this happen, especially for the parents of the girl.

It goes beyond religion and culture. I don't care where or how you are raised, all humans know that you do not allow this to happen to your off-spring. Wild animals wouldn't even allow it.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
These people are absolutely evil and mentally deranged!!! It's hard to believe in this day and age people are still uncivilized and void of compassion for their fellow man. To justify killing in the name of God is just completely twisted and lacks any kind of logical sense.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No... that's the whole point. But there have been documentaries, movies, and real life experiences.

Think about your days in high-school. The girl that slept with more than 1 guy (regardless of her feelings or how desperately the guy tried to get into her pants) she is thrown at, spat on, laughed at, ridiculed.

It happens everywhere. It makes very little sense. The boys sleep with whoever they want, whenever they want, in fact in competetion numbers...

Yet the girls... are the "sluts" when the day is done.

(Do not take what I posted previously as suggesting the US courts would allow or go along with it. American people would/do/have... and it is hidden, not publicized. Obviously not in the same fashion, or sense as the islamic case.)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Ahh yes , just one more negative revelation of a faction of Islam , that loving and peaceful religion that so many on this site readily defend . These sects are of a stone-age mentality and have no proper place in a modern world .

When are these people going to realize that their interpretation of religion is retarding their growth as humans ?
edit on 8-2-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
SICK< SICK< SICK. I know there are alot of nice muslims out there. But come on, those monsters that want Shia law, that degrade females, that treats them worse than a pest exsterminator treats a rat. Should be put on a island, just the males, then leave them there, so they can rot away.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why don't they all remove these fascist luciferean bullies from their positions of power? These people have to wake up and throw this yoke off once and for all. This poor child, just looking at her picture, my GOD! I Love you sweetheart with all my heart, precious little child. I wish I could speak these words to you that I spoke to my babies: Welcome to the world, You're going to have all the time you need to get your needs met, I beleive in you, in your heart, mind and spirit, you are so loved. I would have stood and screamed at those GOONS and never stopped. No way would I survive even a day in those countries. You can't accept evil like this. Speak up!
edit on 8-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Ok, so you don't have any evidence.

Gotcha

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What the hell do you say to such an absurd event?

You remember it every time some Sharia Law / Islamic Radical Fundamentalist comes on a thread defending it. It defines those who defend it. But then strapping bombs to children seems to have not convinced people of how evil this insane system is and one can't help but wonder why the Muslims themselves have not dealt with it and choose to live with it around them.

Perhaps it's in our genetic makeup that once every so often a huge number of people go insane to cull our herd so to speak. Can't even talk about it or the Progressives will call us names.
We seem to get more than our lions share of Sociopaths on this planet every few generations.

link   
It is finallly time we cast aside our differences of color and creed & divide ourselves amongst the differences of our Ideology and Values.

Freedom, Truth, Justice and righteousness have No color, No race.

I will/would gladly stand side by side an african, asian, afghani, iraqi, Iranian, and/or American who shares my view and strives for the same goal.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
An unfortunate Pros of World Govt.

World government opens up horrors and abuses on an even bigger scale.

Murder one person and your a murderer murder millions and you are world leader.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Here is the story I saw earlier... If there is any good (and I'm stretching to find it) then it's that those who were involved in this judgement have been (or will be) taken into custody. They too should be flogged to death (IMO) let's hope that it's not a slap on the wrist, instead.

AolNews

Family members said Hena was raped by a 40-year-old married cousin, The Daily Star said. The man's family beat up the teen, then accused of her adultery, the newspaper said.

The very next day, she was sentenced to the flogging in a fatwa, or religious ruling, issued by the village council under Islamic Shariah law, the BBC said.

Sponsored Links
Her father was also told pay a fine of about $700, police told the BBC.

Four people, including a Muslim cleric, have been arrested in connection with Hena's death, the BBC said. Police said they were looking for another 14 people in the case.

edit on 8-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
accutly its murder one person your a murderer ,kill a thousand your a leader ,kill a million your a god.
and nothing the human race does shocks my any more

link   
I think every one involved in this rape, beating, sentencing, and lashing should be nailed to a wooden board with their back side exposed and have a cattle prod shoved up their ass. Then when we are done with that we can hold a mockery of a trial and convict them on charges of being a rape victim and sentence them to death by soaking them in hydrochloric acid while being strangled by a large snake.

Sounds pretty entertaining to me. It also sounds like a reasonable solution to this illogical aspect of the justice system in Islamic cultures. If an example can be set of those who criminally prosecute and punish the victim of these crimes, then surely the instances of such barbarism will decline.

I am not unfairly targeting Islam for those of you who intend to attack my post on that basis. I do not support any religion and I do understand that all religions have their extremists. I am simply pointing out the obvious FACT that Islam carries out more of this type of insanity than any other religion and culture does.

+24 more 
link   
What I get from this is that rape is the fault of the female under Sharia law, and that the Muslim men who commit these crimes are compensated for their being led astray by marraige, which I deem to be a slavery sentence for the wife, or in this case, the temptation is removed by murdering the young girl. Poor thing.

And people wonder why some of us are vehemently opposed to this so-called peaceful religion. Anyone who supports laws such as this? Yes, I fear them, yes I am scared enough of them to have a hatred that I can't get rid of. I am not limiting this to Islam either. Any religion that condones behaviour as illogical as this is as evil as the next one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join