It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know where you hope this train will take you, but you cannot be sure. But it doesn't matter.

How can it not matter to you where the train will take you?

edit on 2/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Because anywhere, is better than here.

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm on a night train and i love the stuff. I'm on a night train and I can't get enought.
I'm on a night train ready to crash and burn.I never learn. I'm on a night train.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The trained pulled out pulling the twisting sounds steel, that deafened the night air, as the forces themselves of darkness were once again awakened.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It's been so long since I've been anywhere.
I've been stuck in a monotonous societal paradigm of life.
So where ever this train takes me is a new place.
Full of life and adventure.
So it can't be bad.
Because there's nothing to lose.
I await the sound of the incoming train with eagerness.
edit on 8-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
A little jimi

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
You know where you hope this train will take you, but you cannot be sure. But it doesn't matter.

How can it not matter to you where the train will take you?

edit on 2/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

The only thing that matters is that there's a chance the train will take you where you "hope" to go, if not get on the next train and try again. Until the train you was looking for comes along and when it does you'll know it's the right train for you. That's if this is a metaphor for life? Or a quote from a poor action film lol

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The story of man, so impatient. Born on a diamond in a galaxy of dark stones. Envied by all those who were not born on this world, yet so anxious to get away from it. If you knew every facet of its' actual history, and the sacrifices made by so many for us to have our freedoms, would you be so eager to leave. The train will come. Seven ships. It will be a round trip.

Ea did not abandon man in 1100AD, he became one.

AX

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It doesn't Matter where the train is going

Because Mr Hanky is the driver.

poooooh chooooo

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Written by Guy Clarke -Desperadoes Waiting For A Train

I'd play the Red River Valley
He'd sit in the kitchen and cry
Run his fingers through seventy years of livin'
And wonder, "Lord, why has every well I've drilled gone dry?"

We were friends, me and this old man
We's like desperados waitin' for a train
Desperados waitin' for a train

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
just saw this exact thread title on glp

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Those who were passengers were thought to be quite insane by those who could not see the train.
and In times of hardship And trouble the traveler can let his mind return to the train I still don't know what kind of a past the passengers have abandoned, when they left there homes behind But i do know this the passenger can board this train any time they wish, because they have a shining light at the end of there tunnel, a place which accepts them.
edit on 8-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Great movie!

Philosophy is so much fun! Jump on the train and go forward with life. Who cares where the train goes. It will come to an end at some point, so why not just enjoy the ride and not concern yourself with where that train might go. You're going to experience more by jumping on the train, than you would enjoy sitting on the bench at the depot. Watch everyone else board the train and speculate what happens, or jump on and see with your own eyes what happens.

Then again, maybe I have no idea what the heck the riddle really means...hehe

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I doesn't matter where the train takes you,because if you don't like it,you can always change train or you can go back to where you started(not recommended
)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Because anywhere, is better than here.

2nd line.

Exactly.

People should get on a train and never come back.

Shame trains could not go across the world, as you could just get on one, and go around the world. Nicer way to travel than cars or planes or ships. Surely one day train travel across the world will be feesable, although maybe it is quite possible to get most around the world, shame the whole way round could not be something all of us see.
edit on 2/9/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I long for a train to take me back to my childhood. A much happier time. A time when my grandparents loved me, taught me to work hard, disciplined me, and taught me to respect.

A time before a failed marriage. A time before desperation. A time before alcohol addiction and failed health.

Yes I long for that train, but alas it shall never come.

I am waiting for a train alright, but it will take me to a final destination unknown to me.

I miss my family, wife, children, Now where is that train??

new topics

top topics

join