It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
2012 is a perfect excuse for whomever is able, to cause world wide destruction via "natural disasters". Why not?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Its not the end of the world, its a change of the world for the better.

We just have a lot of # to go through till we can get to the good stuff, but I am gonna stick around and tough it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The truth is no one knows what is going to happen ,anything anyone says that will happen is nothing more than pure speculation .

Although part of me wishes if it is an extinction event ,that it happens now so it catches TPTB off guard and stops all this turmoil that`s going on right now
edit on 10-2-2011 by boroboy because: (no reason given)

Although my own thoughts are by reading as many legends and stories from around the world about what has happened before my theory is a coronal mass ejection and tidal waves ( so get the suntan lotion and surf board ready)
edit on 10-2-2011 by boroboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Relax.. Grab a cuppa and dont worry about it. Too much hype and fearmongering over what will be just another year...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
man, in some ways, i really HOPE 2012 is the end for us all. ive really made some baaaad decisions in my life hoping for 2012. if it doesnt happen, #, im screwed... lol

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

It is unfortunate you feel this way and are experiencing FEAR.

Fear is an emotion an nothing more .

Fear can be use full when needed but when the mind imagines something and is then afraid of its on imaginings it is time to observe what is happening.

As soon as you do this the fear goes away.

2012 will be just another year and nothing at all out of the ordinary will happen.

To fear the future is indeed strange or is it but what you imagine the future to be that you are fearful of.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown32
We are going through a new transition but we are not alone and need the help. The Galactic Federation of light is already her to help us, they are also her to help get rid of the dark governments. Go to www.global-settlement.org... , and see the list of the people being put on trial including the queen and Barack Obama.The founders and trustees of the Global Settlement Foundation (GSF) have released the Finality of Settlement Part II on the GSF website. It lays out the facts of law, crimes against humanity, and extreme fraud. It will be served upon key de-facto world leaders as well as to those who are in charge of producing wealth. It is now on the public record worldwide. Feel free to mirror and distribute the PDF and this notice under the Rayservers Licence. We must develop spirituality and love in our hearts for thos who don't wont be prepared for whats to come. We must no longer be apart of any religions since they cant be trusted from the generations who have rewritten them with lies, but dont be confused, we do have a god. The Galactic Federation of light is already in our atmosphere, there ships are called light ships and are seen as moving lights in the sky, you will also see some of them blinking red and blue. Theirs going to be a mass landing of ships soon, good and bad ones. Dont go in the reptilian or Grey ships as you will then relize you were tricked for food or slaves. You will feel a sense of positive energy and love from the good aliens and there ships, thats how you can tell them apart. The pleiadians know about Planet X and will use there technology to beam it away from hitting earth, it will be close enough to earth to see. hope this has help many understand better. ♥♥♥

LOL! haha you cant be serius? I call BS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Slow your roll there bud!

I found this a little while ago, and it calmed me right down.

www.armageddononline.org...

What does frankie say? Relax!

Sorry if someone has already posted this.
edit on 10-2-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!
This worries me and makes me think how many other people across the globe will start feeling this way as 2012 approaches. Will there be a shift in human behaviour? Rises in crime as people begin to get in the mindset "Screw it, we'll all be dead soon anyway".

For what it's worth, let me tell you my views on 2012. It's just another year. The current Mayan calendar is coming to and end, that's all. There will be no disaster. 2012 will come and go and the doomsayers will move onto another date of predicted certain catastrophe, because that's what they always do. They do it because they lack something in their lives - basically they're bored with their own existence and long for excitement. How many times have you read on these boards people saying stuff like "Wow! I really hope this turns out to be an alien invasion!" or "OMG! Could this be the antichrist, whooah!" or "Time to get out the popcorn". It's escapism, like a night at the movies. In fact this very site is largely-about escapism. That's why I come here myself, for entertainment. It's fun to get caught up in developing stories about aliens / ufos / impending comets or whatever, but that's where it should end. There's a fine line between enjoying these discussions and actually totally-buying into them.

Think about it. How many threads have we had on ATS over the years predicting doom on a certain date? You have people within that thread saying exactly what you are saying now - they can just "feel" that this one is the real deal. And then what happens? The date of doom / alien invasion or whatever comes and goes, the doomsayers shuffle their feet in embarrassment and the thread is forgotten. This is what will happen on New Year's Day 2013.

Stop worrying. You're doing yourself a disservice. Live your life and detach yourself from these thoughts. Embrace your future.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

december 21st 2012 is gonna pass just like any other day. you will get to open your presents on christmas day like you have done all your life. all this mayan stuff is just rubbish

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

There you go! Sometimes you just have to leave the internet...You know, when the bp thing was happening, people were saying there would be a huge methane explosion which would cause a tsunami that would wipe out southern Florida, and that following THAT the methane would ignite and burn all of us to death.....I started coming here and watching the live feeds constantly. One night, I was sitting here watching it, and all of the sudden my heart started racing and I got very dizzy....just a feeling of impending doom. It just came from nowhere. I took a 3 week break from the internet and I began to realize that it was because I was feeding my brain with nothing but negativity.....so maybe try that too, or at least don't read negative stuff. You know, I bet I could create a blog and say that the Earth is going to split in two in 1 month, and some people would believe it and start posting about it. It's all just people speculating and no proof at all. I'm really glad you are feeling better....just stay away from anything that disturbs you ok? Best wishes....Kat

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Yeah.....interesting to say the least! Some crazy kooky stuff!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do some aerial thinking. Leave your mind and watch yourself, there're other people around you walking and thinking, some are worried by the same ideas, some are not.

Now go higher.

You see the Earth crust, oceans.. Nobody is worried here, or at least you cant hear the whinings.

Higher.

The Moon. Space. Silence.

We, as a ridiculous piece of rock, are exposed to asteroid impacts and other astronomical incidents. Nature acts not on schedule. The Universe does not care about 2012, 2212, 35299, at all.

And is Universe laws we're subjected to...

So be happy, take a walk in the park, change topic, read something different.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It comes down to who do you want to believe.
You can believe sane rational people or you can believe those that stare into crystal balls, wear witchs hats or those that write books. It's the same people that made a fortune from Y2K, you know that other time when civilisation was going to end with trains falling out of the sky, planes coming of the rails, toasters were going to explode and elevators blasting through roof tops.

Common sense should prevail
Look at this way, if it was coming to an end, then why would so many have the need to make so much money from writing so many books on the subject if it's going to end. Just what was the point of making all that money.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Everyone dies from something. Better to die in a quick mega disaster like an asteroid hit in 2012, then a long drawn out slow painful death via cancer or some chronic illness. If you are slated to die quickly in 2012 .. count your lucky stars and don't worry about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

DON'T PANIC!

As far as anyone knows - maybe you don't have even 5 minutes to live... something goes wrong in your head or heart and you are dead in a few instances - stroke... you can get run over a car any day... shot by accident, etc.

Do you panic because you can die at any given moment? No.

So - why would you panic about something hypothetical in 2012? - AND all of us will die at some point anyway, so why bother with that date - just live until you die - which you will for certain - regardless of the exact date.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just pretend that you never owned a television, or had access to the internet, and 2012 will no longer be of concern. If there is going to be a disaster, then, according to the doomsayers, the planet will cause a massive flood, and also bring with it many space debris, which will rain down on Earth shortly after. I would imagine that this would be when the elite hide away, and the left-over humans will be beamed up and turned into burger meat for whatever alien race our government has done a deal with...

I guess, stay fit, stay inland, stay informed, try to see if we are secretly being told any "messages" in the news/advertisments, and work on your inner self in case there is a time-space distortion effect when/if the Earth changes its rotational direction. And I guess watch out for any beamships...
edit on 10-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” Charles Darwin.

Man has always feared death and darkness. Being unsure about something can cause fear and produce a fight or flee response. A lot of hype cause by the misrepresentation of information on the internet and media cause a high amount of paranoia. Stop observing any media content what so ever for one week and I bet you paranoia levels will drop, if you're afraid of something, try to understand it and resolve instead of fearing it.

This calendar business has been used in other forms before. I like this representation the best though, the fellow in this story becomes so enthralled with his paranoia, and he is lead astray by a quick witted thinking of an evildoer.
eleaston.com...

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself.” FDR

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Am I the only person here who knows/believes about the human councious awareness in 2012/2013??

No.

It's the same one predicted in 1982, 1988, 1989, 1999, 2000, 2003 (and so on and so forth.)

And no, I'm not kidding. Same sort of words, same sort of announcements of what will happen, same sort of "but this time it's REAL" pronouncements -- only this time it's got YouTube. We were all having our consciousness raised, and we would be contacted by space brothers or would evolve (depending on who was speaking at the time.)

Go back and read "The Jupiter Effect" and other similar books and you'll see what I mean. We've been through this before -- but this time we get recycled apocalyptism/consiousness changing videos from YouTube.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Boreas

What gets me is that the Mayans never predicted ANYTHING

More tellingly, they didn't predict the collapse of their own civilization. Or the Native American apocalypse caused by conquest and disease and starvation when the Europeans arrive.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join