It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

Happy Mayan new year.

Now sit down, suck it up, and carry on.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
being panicked is a good feeling... it makes you appreciate the things around you... "look around and smell the roses". you are normal. 'next!!!"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it would help, but next time you get anxious about all the stuff you haven't done, just think of the many people in less fortunate parts of the world who deal with famine, pain, war, and countless other disasters on a daily basis; then count all the great things in life that you have going for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Don't listen to the irresponsible idiots on this site. Thats the problem with doomtards, all they care about is themselves and their fix. They don't care or understand that there are gullible and mentally ill people on this site whos lives are made worse and paranoia fed by the fear mongering bull# that happens on this site. And said bull# is ALWAYS based on "beliefs" with no evidence proveable in a court of law, although they of course will always claim otherwise.

The world wont end in 2012, that is just what people want to believe cause they can't handle their boring life or they need to believe in "something" in order to justify decisions they make or ways they behave.. Even if the mayan calendar does end then, which is debateable, nowhere did they say that meant the world is over and even if they did, it is ZERO proof of anything anyway.

People want to believe "oo the past civilizations were o so wise" yadayada, no, the fact is they were just like us minus technological advances. They had no supernatural powers or mystical abilities to read the future. If they did then why the hell are they not still around? If they were so wise and mighty and could see the future, I think they'd be able to avoid disappearing or going nearly extinct. Just imagine if the Nazis had supernatural future reading powers, we'd all be speaking german right now. So no, the Mayans and anyone else were just normal humans who liked to gaze at the stars and eat and have sex.

In summary, nothing will happen and when nothing happens the gullible fools here will latch on to some other date/religion/psuedoreligion to get their fix, because they simply can't handle life as it is. Sad, so sad.
edit on 9-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
NO ONE KNOWS for sure. To ask a human about a future date is a big mistake in my opinion. Yes alot of evidence points to "something" happening, but it could very well be just another day. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Yes, I do believe "something" will happen, but I'm biased as I've known about this since the 4th grade. I like to believe the whole consious awakening thing. If that happened it would be an awsome event, and nothing to deny, but celebrate. If something catastrophic does happen, and I do die so be it, gotta go sometime, and you better believe I'll be in heaven or wherever swaping death stories...more exciting way to die than a heart attack, but who's to say I'll even be around for this event. Don't live your life in fear.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
this date means nothing. what the hell is wrong with you people. what about the day before? is everthing going to be ok?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To spend time worrying about a date, rather than enjoying the time we have until such time is futile. The time you are spending worrying about it, is precious moments you could be engaged in the things you haven't yet fulfilled.

No-one can predict anything with accuracy - there are but too many variables to ever predict anything perfectly.

So instead focus back on yourself. 2012 is a date, as was 9/11, 2000, 1945 - I could go on. Those dates to some are monumental, to others less so. Each date is broken down into thousands/millions of realities based on the perspectives of the experience. For some 2012 has already come and taken them, for others nothing will have happened.

I look at my life, I have loved, I have lost, I have struggled, and I have achieved victory. I have bungee jumped, climbed up waterfalls and worked behind a PC. I walk along the beach with my dog. I chat to my folks overseas. I have been connected and isolated from people at different points in my life, sometimes through my own doing, sometimes as a result of circumstances. I have planted seeds, and eaten freshly picked tomatoes, yet I await for my tangerines to ripen. I have been married, and now single. I haven't experienced fatherhood, but have witnessed the miracle of parenthood as an observer.

There is much I wish to do, books I wish to read, films I wish to watch. But is my life any less fulfilled in the absence of these things? No my friend. If or when the time/circumstances allow, I will watch those films, read those books, travel to places, converse with great people, experience the true wonders of this physical life. If time doesn't allow, I am grateful for the experiences I have been privileged to have had. And then when the candle of my life burns out, a new chapter opens before me.

A chapter no-one can truly predict await, a place beyond the comprehension of our consciousness, a place of infinite nothingness? A heaven? A hell? Whatever lay ahead beyond the point of my physical consciousness will be an acceptance of what is to come.

A wise man used to say, worrying about tomorrow is pointless, as it may never come. He learned this the hard way, having witnessed many friends lose their lives in the DDay landings in WW2. For those people, tomorrow never came, they only had that moment, it was their last. If they had known that moment was their last, how would they have lived their last few days? IF (big if) 2012 is to be our last, how should we be living those last moments? My only advice, as others have also mentioned, is to embrace it. And when 2012 comes and goes, continue living a life, embracing the amazing wonder which it actually is.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Your probably young
after 2012, when nothing of great significance happens, you will either jump on the doomsday bandwagon about the next date (2020 maybe) or you will gain some healthy skepticism.

At least you have only a bit over a year to deal with this nonsense, can you imagine the people whom spend their entire life whom stock the bunker after every doomsday date...yes, some people do just that. It allows them to justify not trying to accomplish something in their life (considering we are all going to die next year, no matter what year it is).

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry to have to say this but this is some weak thinking on your behalf. You have to look at it this way, you could panic today and live life in fear, or, you could assume that this date is just like any other date and live life happy.

Only you can make that choice no one else. I can try and convince you that there is nothing to worry about but what's the point? If you are scared than stop researching for a bit until you gather your thoughts to move forward. If something this little is going to turn your life upside down I'd hate to see you graduating college without a career plan in mind.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Am I the only person here who knows/believes about the human councious awareness in 2012/2013??

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Dude, I had the same thinking as you before and I was pretty
when I found out that 2012 was like my "last day". Then I found out again that it wasn't
Too many MSM companies put this out in order to mess us up and keep us unorganised. In an effort to make us scurry like ants.

Read 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle. It makes everything so much better I promise you this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There are a lot of people infiltrating this website, weasels, cowards, all kinds of garbage that should be bagged and tagged. These people are from corporations and are trying to figure out what are on people's minds and what is a weak spot for you. By posting your opinions on here, you are dropping your guard. Think for yourself and keep things factual.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

now listen life is what happens to you whilst you are worrying about life enjoy the moment thats all we have the rest is bull if it wasn't for the Spanish the Mayans WOULD HAVE RE CONFIGURED there calendar for the next epoch the rest is bull by so called experts like experts on UFOS how can one be an expert on unidentified flying objects ? go figure and relax smell the roses

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

OK... first breathe.

You need relax about 2012, wether it's an comet or a heart attack we all die. (This is my glass half full speech)

If it is one massive event that happens Dec. 21st 2012 then don't sweat it you'll be dead, along with me and 90% of the population.

or the nefarious NWO really are plotting against humanity, we won't know their plans until it has been unleashed on the world, again not much you can do.

or aliens come to wipe us out. Now I have about a months worth of food for earthquakes and such but aliens? What does an emergency kit geared toward alien apocalypse consist of anyway?

Or nothing happens, the day just passes like any other day, except at the end of the day when a bunch of people who spent every penny they had cause they were sure this was IT, freak the F out.

So I would just enjoy your life as long as you have it, because giving yourself an Aneurysm over what hasn't happened and may not ever happen is a losing proposition, a catch 22.

And then as you are all caught up in the details of 2012 your crossing a street not paying attention and guess what...you get hit by a bus. And then you won't even be around to see what happens December 21st, 2012. That would be ironic wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You have to learn that these conspiracy sites have a lot of nonsense that gets people jacked up for nothing real. Some people love the adreninal rush of fear and others love creating drama. For other people it turns into anexity. Some people love scarey movies for the thrill it gives them but others won't look because it upsets them.

Maybe you are a person who should not be exposing yourself to unproven but scarey scripts posted on conspiracy forums. They have been playing doom fad scripts forever and has humanity been done in yet? That tells you something about 2012. As you view the doom predictions and the "research" realize it is like a scarey movie. Most of it is pure drama. If doom causes you to have fear and anexity, then it is bad for you to dwell upon.

Be true to yourself. If you are not a scarey movie kind of person, respect that and forget about all this doom stuff other people enjoy the thrill of toying with. If you are going to stick around reading and watching doom then look at it as a scarey movie thrill and no more. Because that is what it is. Mkay?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We are going through a new transition but we are not alone and need the help. The Galactic Federation of light is already her to help us, they are also her to help get rid of the dark governments. Go to www.global-settlement.org... , and see the list of the people being put on trial including the queen and Barack Obama.The founders and trustees of the Global Settlement Foundation (GSF) have released the Finality of Settlement Part II on the GSF website. It lays out the facts of law, crimes against humanity, and extreme fraud. It will be served upon key de-facto world leaders as well as to those who are in charge of producing wealth. It is now on the public record worldwide. Feel free to mirror and distribute the PDF and this notice under the Rayservers Licence. We must develop spirituality and love in our hearts for thos who don't wont be prepared for whats to come. We must no longer be apart of any religions since they cant be trusted from the generations who have rewritten them with lies, but dont be confused, we do have a god. The Galactic Federation of light is already in our atmosphere, there ships are called light ships and are seen as moving lights in the sky, you will also see some of them blinking red and blue. Theirs going to be a mass landing of ships soon, good and bad ones. Dont go in the reptilian or Grey ships as you will then relize you were tricked for food or slaves. You will feel a sense of positive energy and love from the good aliens and there ships, thats how you can tell them apart. The pleiadians know about Planet X and will use there technology to beam it away from hitting earth, it will be close enough to earth to see. hope this has help many understand better. ♥♥♥

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomeCheesyUsername
There are a lot of people infiltrating this website, weasels, cowards, all kinds of garbage that should be bagged and tagged. By posting your opinions on here, you are dropping your guard.

Welcome to the club girlfriend.

These people are from corporations and are trying to figure out what are on people's minds and what is a weak spot for you. Think for yourself and keep things factual.

Just like you did there right?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

RELAX! Now I'm the complete opposite to you! I am getting really excited about the times ahead

Whereas you have been concentrating on all the doom and gloom stuff, and getting fearful....just like TPTB want you to....I concentrate on all the OTHER versions of 2012 that are out there! It's an amazing time to be alive, and I believe we chose to be on earth at this time, to experience it.
I am also a great believer in the Law of Attraction.....what you give your attention to, you will attract more of it to you. So you are not doing yourself any favours if all you are thinking about is the doom and gloom!
Yes, the world may look as if it's coming apart at the seams at the moment, with all extreme weather and other stuff happening all over the globe, but it's all part of the cleansing that needs to be done.
Look past all this, and just picture the world as you want it to be, and know that everything is going to turn out just fine
We are in the process of moving into the golden age!...out with the old, and in with the new!
It is a gradual process, and started a while back. From what I gather, 2011 may get rough at times, but things should settle down a bit by the end of the year.

Think positive my friend

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just live your life man. No sense in stressing out or dreading 2012 for an entire year.

No one can say for sure what will or will not happen, there is absolutely, positively no reason you should fear or worry about this. If it happens it happens, no reason to not go on living. Just live your life, be happy and forget all about it, in the end (whatever year that ends up to be) you will be much happier knowing you lived your life for the best up until the last moment, instead of lived in fear till the bitter end.

It's your future, no matter how short or long it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Am I the only person here who knows/believes about the human councious awareness in 2012/2013??

No I too am aware, much like most who come to this website, but to fully believe in something with liltte evidence and a couple youtube videos that throw suggestive words around calling the viewer sheeple if he does not believe, and pointing to this for breakups in marriage and companionship which has been going on since uh umm forever is ignorant. I would love to believe this is true, and I do find truths in some of it, but if this type of event is to happen, you would only need to warn not convince others. It's this convincing that leads me to not trust in those doing the convincing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join