It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You've never been promised more than the solitary moment in which you're already living. Relax and try to be happy.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

You are welcome friend

Lots of good advice was given, but be sure to find your own way!

I am sure there are others out there too who may be feeling the same as you, even if it is not pertaining specifically to 2012. It took a certain amount of bravery to post such things on a message board. So, in bringing it up, you are likely helping them as well. keep us updated

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Nothing to be worried about my friend nothing will happen on Dec 21, 2012. It is just a media frenzy over something that someone made up. There is nothing to substantiate these claims. The Mayans have no prophecy about the end of the Calendar or 2012. Reference

www.famsi.org...
At the above link you will find research done by an actual scientist about he Mayans, and as I found you will find there is absolutely no merit the "Mayan Prophecies" as they really did not make any predictions.

Another good article to read is by a NASA microbiologist.
www.nasa.gov...

I would also suggest you do some research or watch some videos on some more positive news.

Check out Conciousness Shift 2012 on Youtube and you will find some stuff that isn't all doom and gloom. Don't let the Doom and Gloom control your life as you will find that you won't enjoy it as much. There is nothing wrong with being afraid of dying, but honestly you can't spend your life worrying about it. I am a good example of that. I worry about anything and everything to the point that I panic a lot. I panic for stupid reasons as someone pointed out before. I am in no way saying you are panicking for a stupid reason, but I actually made a post recently about what you are posting on www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take some time to read through the stuff on here and I think you will feel better about things soon =0). Live your life and try not to worry to much about everything because your life will be over well before its time if you spend your life worrying about the end of it. IF that makes any sense at all lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok, wow. Don't. Actually, I was as crazy as you when I started to seriously consider 2012 as a significant date. Don't worry about it. The trick is to trust how tue universe is made. Obviously, the universe isn't stupid, nothing happens for nothing. Do you think the universe would harvest such complex forms of life only to destroy it with no purpose? The thing is to be able to see the bigger picture. TPTB aren't making so much chaos only for their pleasure. Learn the real prediction behind 2012, the original one. It is predicted that we will evolve to a higher dimension. Learn about "ascension" / "Harvest", Calleman...

Let me say that the fear-mongering is spreaded by MSM, in order to win the game. The more. Fearful you are, smaller are your chances to be harvestable. Seriously look into this thing. It's hesvily backed by science and metaphysics. See 2012 as an awakening of the human species. If you have more questions, pm me, I might have my computer, because typing with my ipod now is so long!

Don't fear, trust the universe, and most importantly, death is not sometjibg to fear about.

(Hint: look at the Law Of One)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Only people who are addicted to the physical world will live in fear. People who let go of materialism have no fear. You should never fear what you have no control over as it will control you and that is a pointless pursuit.

Live in the present moment and you will not fear the future.
edit on 8-2-2011 by tigermoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have lived my entire life (47) believing that the end was near because of the religion I was raised in. It used to stress me out and it prevented me from doing some things that I may have otherwise done. But it also caused me to face my fears and question my beliefs with a totally open mind. If you look back over the history of this world you will see that there have been many many many terrible times. And now a lot of people believe that something even worse is about to happen. This world is looooong over due for something very good to happen and I believe that is what will happen. We all need to start believing and asking for something good to happen.

You may not believe in God but I think you will find comfort in the Lord's prayer especially if you see it the way I do now. "Our Father which art in heaven hallowed be thy name, Thy kingdom come thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven, Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. This world has waited for good to reign here forever, we all want a world where justice and equality and freedom prevail a world full of peace and tranquility. This is in essence what the Lord's prayer offers. I desire our Father's kingdom to be established here, I do pray that we will all be sustained by Him and that He will not allow us to be lead into the temptation or trial of another horrible event and that He will deliver us from such an evil. We all need to ask and believe that we will receive all of the good that we all desire and deserve. This world and its inhabitants have paid their dues.... it's time for us to recieve the rewards.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have been thinking much along the same lines as you, (minus the panic) you know with a bit of research I found there was just as much information against 2012 as there was for 2012 disaster..... historically "end of world predictions" never happened... So My conclusion was "Who knows" anyways, just live n enjoy life! Make the most of it........

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You've got a good 10-20 years before total social breakdown, caused not just by a drastically altered climate, ergo living conditions, but from the plethora of social issues, a failing economy and food supply being but two that are seriously considered to impact globally within such a timescale.

"The World as you know it is about to end."

Think of that like when Hunter-Gatherers started taking up agriculture in our distant past - their world, as they once knew it of constant travelling and hunting, ended forever with the introduction of farming. It took hundreds if not thousands of years for the full transformation to take place.

If there's a near-future mass migration due to climate or major earth event, that alone would mean a total change to our very way of life, globally, forever.
Our world will never be the same....but to be honest, is it the same as it was 10 years ago? 20?

It's not always a major extinction event that can end 'great' civilisations.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
@OP

I can safely inform you there's no reason to panic about the return of the extraterrestrials (Angels, Olympians, Annunaki--w/e term you want to call them) that jump started mankind. If anyone has decent knowledge of ancient history (or is 33rd degree Mason as myself), you'd realize how sensible this statement is. All around the globe disclosure has been occurring these last few years (Vatican & even the Pope, Mexico's air force, England released UFO files, Brazil, Ecuador, astronauts like Cooper, NORAD officers etc.). Even just 2 weeks ago Saudi Arabia held an international world business leader meeting discussing future ET impact on business competition.

I won't read this thread again. Those of feeble, arrogant minds will shut off to these words, snicker behind their screen & post an ignorant comment and those with skills necessary for critical thinking will be enlightened & go searching. So I have said all I wished.

I'll leave off with some words of wisdom by another. For too long have people not heard their side of what the 'calendar' given to them represents. & Yes, 'given' to them. The Long Count Calendar (3,114 BC) existed 1,000+ years before their civilization did (2k BC) & it being thought of as a 'calendar' is an insulting ancillary function of this device. The notion of primitive 3,000 BC people, which swords were a brand new invention at the time, creating this astronomical machine is ludicrous.

Archaeology, like journalism, has been dead & warped for generations though.

edit on 9-2-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Think of it this way:

There are three possible outcomes. Something good can happen, nothing can happen, or something bad can happen. That's at least a 2/3 chance of being no worse off in 2012 as you were in 2011, and 1/3 chance of being better off.

If you look at what the Mayans actually say (past and present Mayans), the odds are much better than 2/3 that either something positive or something neutral will happen when the Mayan calendar rolls over.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
OP, think about this, and I am sure it will ease your mind. Has anyone here ever predicted an event that came true? No

Nothing will happen, nothing is gonna happen, nothing ever happens.

You can stop pooping yourself now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Ok here's the deal.
2012 is not the end. There isn't anything more or less likely to happen in 2012 than today or tomorrow.
There is ZERO evidence to suggest any type of event will happen.
Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or has bought in to the hype.
The reality is that as we get closer to 2012, those doomsayers will change the date with some stupid excuse.

Don't worry !
Be happy !

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When you see the shuttle being forced down by a meteor shower, run..

edit on 9-2-2011 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
What changes are in store for after the 21 dec 2012 date...
here's what the Maya say
interspersed with some historical data to make more sense of what may unfold during
the 19.7 year period following 21 dec 2012

...the present Long Count/creation epoch of the Maya comes to an end on December 21st (the winter solstice), of 2012.
What will the katun that begins this new era be like?
The Maya regarded katun 2-Ahau as half good and half bad, a time of uniting for a cause, but also as the katun during which came the "end of the word of God."

And what does that mean?
It is true that in previous 2-Ahau katuns there were great religious or ideological crises.
Between 1500 and 1520 the Aztecs were conquered and forced to convert to Christianity....

~~~~~~~~~~
my interpetation of the next katun....
Western Christianity will wither on the vine,
Sharia Law will replace the current legal & moral orthodoxy...

bottom line = Adapt or Die

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

It comes down to what you believe.

If you believe there will be a mass cataclysm or another event that hits us hard be prepared.

If you believe it will change the way we think, do some further reading and understand what is going on.

If you don't believe in 2012, LIVE and try to make the world a better place than when you entered it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

We may die at any minute, like you say "live your life the best you can": moment to moment be aware and above all spread kindness and compassion as much as you can. It's time to appreciate what little we have. Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'll share my view on the "end of the world". I did it with several people and some of them felt relieved by it.

Just imagine history like going to a movie.
You enter the cinema and the movie had already started. It started so much time ago that nobody inside the theater has seen the beginning. So nobody has a real clue of the whole story.
You see a really short part of the movie, then you have to leave. Maybe something big happens onscreen, but you won't see the ending.
So: you missed the beginning, you'll miss the ending and you won't grasp the whole plot at all.

What if the world ends?

We are all going to see how this movie ends.

The only alternative we have is leaving before the end.

Personally, I prefer to see the end.
I fear death, of course. I don't even believe in god, reincarnation or afterlife.
But it doesn't matter, because, still, I have no choice. And, again, between living and dying as any other people has done over the millennia and withnessing the end of time, I chose the latter!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

2012, like any other year, will probably have its own share of disaster, war, disease, tragedy, death, but also its share of happiness, love, fun, music and great moments in sports. It could be a bad year, or it maybe not. More than likely, it will fall closely to either side of average in whatever category you wish to consider. I can't say for sure because I lack the requisite information, but I suspect your odds of dying in 2012 won't be much different from you odds of dying five minutes from now. That's it. Just another year.

No, you aren't stupid. Like a lot of people, you're worried by all the garbage on the Internet regarding 2012, a lot of it peddled on this very forum.

Most of the 2012 doom claims are covered here:

www.2012hoax.org...

If something is missing, just go to the message board (no registration required) and ask.
edit on 9-2-2011 by UndeadDinosaur because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by girl_interrupted

Well put....i also apply the power of acceptance(google it) what will be will be. I only worry about what i can control....and i can and should control me. I used to suffer from anxiety/depression and really stress out about EVERYTHING! But now i have learned to change my perspective/thinking to accept whatever may come.

I was raised with certain beliefs....now i just dont know what is truth...and i dont care. What will be will be...i am happy with me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

For some reason, you are focusing on the doomsday scenario. If you are not aware, there is another scenario on 2012 and that is the return of earth to its Golden Age. Research on this topic if you are not aware of this.

Also, analyze yourself and know why you have that fear. You are afraid exactly of what?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join