It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just a reminder for some of you guys...

No one knows what will happen. In fact, those mocking and putting down the 2012'er aren't so different, after all. "Nothing will happen, no distasters, it will pass just as another year...". Sorry but that's making your own prediction/prophecy, the same thing you're laughing at.

Fact is, no one knows what will happen, and that everything seem to converge to a massive event soon, not necessarly 2012, but soon. That is fact.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, "Before2017Victor", I trust you are getting a good laugh out of this thread. Anybody whose name is that obviously knows damn well what 12-21-12 means. (think 6-21-16 plus a few months...)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

No one knows what will happen. In fact, those mocking and putting down the 2012'er aren't so different, after all. "Nothing will happen, no distasters, it will pass just as another year...". Sorry but that's making your own prediction/prophecy, the same thing you're laughing at.

Fact is, no one knows what will happen, and that everything seem to converge to a massive event soon, not necessarly 2012, but soon. That is fact.

That actually isn't a fact until it becomes a reality, no? Until then it is just speculation. But you are right it does feel like something is building here.

Preparing for the unknown is a tricky thing and killing yourself with worry isn't going to help. The overall message the OP is receiving is live your life. Life is way too short to worry about "a massive event soon", you can't prepare for something that vague can you?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You've all given me some things to think about. I appreciate all the replies. Much gratitude.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
your life must be pretty awesome, OP, if your main concern right now is of 2012 doomsday. Or extremely barren.

Do you not have bills or relationships or other things which require your immediate attention?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Nothing is converging. Nothing out of the ordinary is happening. That is fact.

No one knows what will happen in some areas. But for some phenomena it is very clear that some things are impossible.
1. No unknown planet is going to enter the part of the solar system where the known planets orbits.
2. Solar maximum is not going to happen in 2012.
3. No solar flare can flip the Earth.

2012 is a hoax pushed by people dipping into the wallets of the gullible. That is the fact.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

No one knows what will happen. In fact, those mocking and putting down the 2012'er aren't so different, after all. "Nothing will happen, no distasters, it will pass just as another year...". Sorry but that's making your own prediction/prophecy

Not really, they're just citing precident. The world hasn't ended everytime someone has predicted so far, why should this be any different?

I probably won't be back looking for your reply, I shouldn't even be here, 2012 threads bug me. I just came here to calm the OP down.

Gonna go have a bourbon & coke and a smoke.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If anyone is interested in a new theory that honestly sounds reasonable and doesn't include supernatural phenomena or the use of altered mental states in order to understand, then I strongly suggest you check out this link:

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT 2012

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

ME TOO ...
:-)))

Please watch this and GET OVER IT AND BE HAPPY!
Beavis and Butthead - The end of the world
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
if its gonna happen, whatever what,
aren't you glad that we the few generations left on this planet will experience it ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Gab1159

Nothing is converging. Nothing out of the ordinary is happening. That is fact.

No one knows what will happen in some areas. But for some phenomena it is very clear that some things are impossible.
1. No unknown planet is going to enter the part of the solar system where the known planets orbits.

2012 is a hoax pushed by people dipping into the wallets of the gullible. That is the fact.

you're here too?
Gov disinf
:-)

for the "panicked guy" :
or even this one here :
Artworks by Stephane DeLucia

www.youtube.com...

BE HAPPY!
edit on 11-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Seriously, why panic?
Embrace your demise! lol

Fear is the mind killer...
it also does quite a job on your soul.

Relax,
Don't cower to the wave of destruction..
Stand up and embrace it with open arms!

How would your life be "cut short" if The Universe ends it when it sees fit?

In my eyes.. it would not be cut short..
but happen precisely when it should .
Regardless of whether your mind tells you "it's not time yet" or not.

If the time comes.. it's your time!
Accept it.

lol,
Nah,
I don't think the world is going to come to a crashing halt come 2012.
and even if it does.. Not everyone is going to "die" (which is an illusion anyway)
No one ever really dies.

But let me tell you..
If the world does come to a halt (a much needed one IMHO)
If you are frightened now...
You may want to make sure you perish with the rest..
because those left, and the world that will remain, will scare you far more than you presently are.

lol

This world needs not just a renovation,
But a complete dismantling and rebuilding.

So bring it!
If I stay to help rebuild, fine!
If I leave this plane, this body.. fine!
I'm cool with it either way.

However, if the world stays as it currently is.. with that, I am NOT fine.
(But it won't stay this way, no worries)

You panicking over things that no one fully understands is only doing harm to yourself.
So be kind to yourself, and freakin' relax!
or remain in a state of fear and panic...
You have the choice. Make it.

p.s.. Don't mind "stereologist",
He, like "kevinunknown" is a resident troll.
They love to fool themselves into thinking they know things.
Then they try to make others believe that they know what theyre talking about, yet they are the most clueless of the bunch.

edit on 11-2-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

Gee and I just read on another website suppossedly by the Galactic Federation of Light and they are counting Obama as one of the good guys. I guess your aliens are Republicans and my aliens are Democrats.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FLABlue

Please.... This is a remake of the Rapture mentioned in the bible. So many of these "New Age" ideas are only rehashed bible stories. Tell it in a new way and get people interested again.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Elepheagle

It would be interesting to see when the whole 2012 thing truly busted into the world because in 1999 I was thinking Y2K which turned into Y bother, but I don't remember knowing of any 2012 deal? Was 2012 and the end of the world as we know it not important 10 years ago?

I remember reading about Apophis in the 90's and it's date with us sometime in the decades after 2012 and fearing for meteors as was the standard fear of the times and was reflected in our movies. Now its, planet X, pole shift, Nibiru, Alien invasion - If nothing happens are people going keep fearing everything the tell us too?
edit on 9-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Yes.

You are on to something.

Just know that the children cannot get themselves into trouble if you are the one who decides which activities will occupy their time.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

p.s.. Don't mind "stereologist",
He, like "kevinunknown" is a resident troll.
They love to fool themselves into thinking they know things.
Then they try to make others believe that they know what theyre talking about, yet they are the most clueless of the bunch.

You make up this rather pointless post and then sneak this little tidbit in like a coward. That says a great deal about you Ahmose.

2012 is a hoax cooked up for the gullible. It is a means of scraping out the dinars, euros, dollars, and other assets of suckers.

If you think I so clueless then why not contest some of my statements listed here:

Pick whatever item you think is a good topic to debate.

You made a plea for others to not mind me. Why is that? Are you one of the frauds and hucksters sucking the money out of people? Do you have a monetary stake in this hoax? Do you fear losing revenue when people point out the absurdity of 2012?

Regardless of whether or not you have a stake in stealing honest people's money in the name of the hoax called 2012 I ask you to challenge me anytime in a debate over 2012 issues instead of making a cowardly appeal to others. I am open to being challenged. In fact, I am looking forward to learning from debates on these topics.
edit on 14-2-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, I was told that the world would end on 1-1-2000. Before that I was told in Sunday school, numerous times as a child, that the world would end very very soon (the same year at times).

I remember the fear that you had, and it is quite frightening, but I can tell you how to help in case it actually does happen (Which isn't likely, no offense to anyone).

Live life day by day. Moment to moment. Always tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Have no regrets, and rectify your mistakes NOW. Trust me, I had a near death experience and the worst part of it was a feeling of mourning who I could have been. Luckily I have a new chance at life.

We do not know when we will die. The only thing we know is that we WILL die. Accept your mortality so you can begin living NOW.

Let me put it this way, compared to a lot of people that are having boring old heart attacks, isn't dying from the apocalypse a little more interesting? It would be a pretty cool way to die!!! Just saying lol.

It will probably not happen, but there will be a day in which you do die. Embrace you life so when death does find you, you can say with a huge grin on your face, "What a damned great adventure life was!"

Hope you feel better.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's been a while now since I posted this thread.

Now and then I get worried about it, but over all it hasn't bothered me as much.
If I sit and think about it for too long then I can freak myself out.

I hope 2012 will be a positive experience. We'll have to wait and see. Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Probablilty and logic do have a say here and that is the platform that those of us who feel that 2012 will be just another year are standing on. I do not see a convergence. I see a world where information about current events is instantanious where in generations past it took much longer to hear about these things. It only seems like it happens more frequently because we hear about events we might not have ever heard of in decades past.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Funny how whenever I come to ATS my anxiety spikes about 2012.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join