It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks and it's near-total lack of leaks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Before all the war logs, cables and other leaks, Wikileaks was a great site to visit. You could go onto their page and see all types of things. A lot of it was about corporations/businesses/banks/governments around the world, and leaks about them. Tons of info about all different areas. You could click on your country and see what had been going on, and it was interesting. You could really learn a lot about how the world worked, and the site interface was easy to use. They'd regularly have problems with corporations and businesses that hated having their corruption online for all to see, but the only thing left is a torrent file, which I'm not sure even works.

In the Main section : A pic of Assange then links below about war logs, a video link, cablegate, (which is doing my head in now and many others. When will they finish dripping those cables out? 2020?) and a link to a torrent with all the older leaks.

I tried downloading the torrent and yeah, it's full of all the older leaks by the looks of it, randomly picked one and it failed to connect, maybe that's just my client though. But why isn't all that information back up on the site? They have staff working for them so why can't they get all their older leaks back up for people to see and learn about?

The other sections are video (with two youtube clips.), support, about, submissions, media and mirrors.

From the about section :

2.2 Some of the stories we have broken

* War, killings, torture and detention
* Government, trade and corporate transparency
* Suppression of free speech and a free press
* Diplomacy, spying and (counter-)intelligence
* Ecology, climate, nature and sciences
* Corruption, finance, taxes, trading
* Censorship technology and internet filtering
* Cults and other religious organizations
* Abuse, violence, violation

Yes, but can we find all that info on your site any more apart from a torrent file? No.

So maybe the U.S. military and intelligence agencies have engineered this whole thing after being approached by corporations/businesses/banks/other governments around the world?

All those leaks listed by description in 2.2 of the about section need to be brought back. The only information we have is about the U.S. government and military, that's it! Wikileaks used to help people from all over the world learn about what was going on in their countries on all different levels. Now they don't, at all.

Wikileaks is now a lack of information, and it's probably like that for a reason.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nobody even thinks this is strange? Where's all the older info from the original site? That was, you know, an actual wiki?

I'd like to see anyone on here find a wikileaks mirror that has all that old info. This is all I've got so far. It has some info, but many of the links are broken :

mirror.wikileaks.info...

Via lamebook. The guy (username Jesus.) had to manually edit the links to get what he wanted: en-gb.facebook.com...

I bet there's a lot of corrupt corporations and banks out there that are happy right now.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Wikileaks, Wikipedia, 4Chan and Anonymous = Illuminati government tools!

All the wannabes on the fringes who think they're actually part of the incrowd are fools, were the hell do you think 4chan gets all the kiddie fith pics ?

Anyway, in time you'll see that this is the case. Remember, I'm talking about the head honchos, I'm not talking about the people on the fringes.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
Wikileaks, Wikipedia, 4Chan and Anonymous = Illuminati government tools!

Maybe the first two, but the second two are too random to control fully.

Anyway, I could spend a day getting all the working links onto a page from that link I posted in the second post, so why don't the 'staff' at wikileaks get it done between them in a few hours and add it as a new link on the frontpage? Because they've lost the plot, and/or are a rigged outfit.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
that, and it stuck me as odd that assange recently said...cables that we will try to release soon......................................what try??? just do. its cr*p

top topics

join