It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is up with foreign military vehicles on Us bases ?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think it's cool the US Marines are training with the Japanese Defense Force. In the event the US Marines have to help defend Japan, or vice versa, it's good to have allies whose troops know you and respect you and who can identify your uniform & vehicles on the battlefield as friendly.

This is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

No I meant the TA tend to store Foriegn miltary vehicles in their bases from time to time, such as the Marines base down in Plymouth that stores vehicles ready for transport, Plenty of different vehicles from around the world there.

Also The TA base In york has a Massive depot that is occasionally full of American and Japanese vehicles (god knows why)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

What TA camp in York? There are two regulars camps Imphal barracks in York and I've forgot the name of but the two in strensall

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Yeah, Theres those but just south of the centre, Outside the city walls there be the old East Riding Yeomanry base

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

You may be mistaken of nationality because of the new trucks we are getting like the MAN SV, MASTIF and PANTHER. Just a possibility as we are getting alot of new vehicles which can be easily mistaken

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Quite Possibly allthough those i saw the other day did have Japanese, German, american licence's, You could be right, They could just be sticking some New Vehicles ready for customization in the TA base's for lack of a better place to put the things

edit on 9/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I was in the Army back in 1989-1990 we were doing a live fire training (undisclosed location) when all of the sudden two unmarked cars pulled up and guys in suits got out took all of our cameras and binoculars away from us. About 15 min later a Soviet MIG and Soviet Hind-D helicopter flew over (both very low). After the fly-by the guys gave us our equipment back got in the cars and left. So I guess we have always had foreign military gear hidden some place in the US. probably for training purposes ...........How it got here is the question

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

If you search for MIG and area 51 you might be surprised

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDuke6
When I was in the Army back in 1989-1990 we were doing a live fire training (undisclosed location) when all of the sudden two unmarked cars pulled up and guys in suits got out took all of our cameras and binoculars away from us. About 15 min later a Soviet MIG and Soviet Hind-D helicopter flew over (both very low). After the fly-by the guys gave us our equipment back got in the cars and left. So I guess we have always had foreign military gear hidden some place in the US. probably for training purposes ...........How it got here is the question

Those aircraft and helicopters that you would have seen would have been obtained from a number of sources. For example. Afghan Air Force defections to Pakistan during the Soviet occupation period.

Afghanistan during 2005 asked for Pakistan to return those defected aircraft.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Libya during their conflicts in Chad was also a source of aircraft and helicopters. The Chadian Army assisted by French forces overan Libyan built airfields in the North of Chad. Examples of Hind helicopters were captured. Some of the light attack aircraft captured in Chad (L-39s) are now in private ownership and still flying.

You can see one of the Hind helos captured by Chad in the following link.

www.acig.org...

After Indonesia severed their relationship with the Soviets the US gained influence and the Indonesians supplied examples of MiG-21s.

Operation Constant Peg was declassifed, but the sources of the equipment was not divulged. Some examples of the MiGs were donated to museums. One of these was donated to Belgium and aviation enthusiasts tracked the serial build airframe number to an ex-Indonesian Air Force example.

fjphotography.com...

www.airforce-magazine.com...

Egypt was also a source. After they severed their relationship with Soviets they supplied MiG examples to the US during the 1980s. Egypt also supplied MiG-23 examples to China for evaluation.

TJ

edit on 9-2-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gottruth85

Should you have posted that photo? I mean are you subject to UCMJ action for doing so or were you authorized?......Maybe you should think about that. However the subject matter does not surprise me.

I can recall during the Clinton years, we had some sort of program to fly the Chinese over any military installation of their choice with only 24hrs notice.
edit on 9-2-2011 by type0civ because: A bunch of typos, grammar, syntax and all that crap

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

umm I didnt do anything wrong to get charged under the UCMJ , tell ya what if you can tell me what ariticle i can be charged under i will turn myself in....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

er? i thought it was more a question of WTF is up with U.S. bases on forgein soil?!?!

but a foreign vehicle is parked in a U.S. base and your freaking out? what do you think the rest of the world is thinking?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Just saying....some of the places I've been had areas not to be photographed... you know the routine....and Article 134 comes to mind.......the catch all if none of the others fit. Ha!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Seems clear they are Japanese, not Chinese vehicles.

Also, the assertion foreign forces don't bring their kit with them on exercise is silly. The British Army likes to go to Canada for large scale exercises and takes plenty of tanks and other vehicles with them.

Also, why do Yanks get so uppity over a few allied troops on the "hallowed" US soil, but you guys have no compunction about sending tens of thousands of brash young men to those same countries own soil?

Such a paranoid lot and, for the most part, it is massively misplaced.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

dude if they tried to catch me for 134 for this I would request mass to the highest power and they would drop it ... over a picture .. of a vehicle that is parked by main road.... not my fault the more secure location is near the main route i travel tow and from work every night O : )

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
they were in fact japenese vehicles ... But i have found upon further digging they were Training for the events that recently occured in Japan ... they left 2 weeks before it happened !!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottruth85
they were in fact japenese vehicles ... But i have found upon further digging they were Training for the events that recently occured in Japan ... they left 2 weeks before it happened !!!!

Could this sentence be unpacked a little,
say into about three paragraphs.
The appreciation would be immense.

Thanking you in Advance
David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I think it's cool the US Marines are training with the Japanese Defense Force. In the event the US Marines have to help defend Japan, or vice versa, it's good to have allies whose troops know you and respect you and who can identify your uniform & vehicles on the battlefield as friendly. This is a good thing.

Maby the Americans can start doing this and stop killing British troops.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The vehicles in question are from the japanese defense force from the looks of them. Spent a lot of time on a joint jasdef base as well as okinawa. It's not uncommon to do joint exercises. For example Red Flag in Las Vegas hosts a variety of foreign Airforces to train with the united states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join