It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is up with foreign military vehicles on Us bases ?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
They look like Toyota Mega Cruiser as used by Japanese Ground Self Defense Force?

1.bp.blogspot.com...

Your Chinese is probably Japanese deployed for Exercise Iron Fist?

www.dvidshub.net...

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. - The First Marine Expeditionary Force and the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit welcomed the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force’s Western Infantry Regiment to the start of exercise Iron Fist here Feb. 8. The bilateral training planned during the next month will showcase each component of the Marine Air Ground Task Force, from small boat operations and aerial inserts to company sized live-fire events.....

TJ

edit on 8-2-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Foreign troops routinely train on US soil, with American forces. I doubt they would be Chinese, more likely S. Koreans or perhaps the Japanese.

This is done to proof out communications and tactics, as well as command structures. It helps to enable integration of forces in certain scenarios. Most likely South Koreans given the recent tensions on the Korean penn.

Sounds like situation normal, given the events of the last year.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

highly unlikely because of the area of the base they are in, and there are prolly about 50 of them, any where from 4 man carriers to 6 man carriers and trailers, we do do joint training like you speak of but most of our joint training occurs over seas and when we do joint training here state side, we dont have BRAND NEW vehicles shipped in

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

i have been in for 7 years and trained with MULTIPLE foreign forces we have never brought in anything like what Im seeing solely for training purposes it would cost WAY too much money

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

hmm seems likely , just thought it was weird how they appeared over night ,.... I mean I went to work one day and they werent there, the next day they were there .... I go to work early and i get off hella late .... so they came late in the night and more have arrived since i first noticed them last week

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottruth85
reply to post by tommyjo

hmm seems likely , just thought it was weird how they appeared over night ,.... I mean I went to work one day and they werent there, the next day they were there .... I go to work early and i get off hella late .... so they came late in the night and more have arrived since i first noticed them last week

The Japanese also deployed last year to California with vehicles. Image link of them with deployed vehicles. Note Toyota Mega Cruisers in far background and light armoured vehicles in foreground.

TJ

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Man oh man I hope it's the japanese or the koreans and not the chinese collection forces from the chinese national bank.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i have been in for 7 years and trained with MULTIPLE foreign forces we have never brought in anything like what Im seeing solely for training purposes it would cost WAY too much money

I was an officer in the Navy. We routinely trained with Canadian and other forces. A Captain friend of mine (he was a Lt. Commander then) trained in Forward Air Control with many different nationalities.

You see and believe what you do. I am offering a rational explanation.

I cannot see what you saw. I just know what I saw and experienced.

edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh hell. If you've been in for 7 years, I could be your father. I am relating my experiences in the early 80's

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

i wasnt trying to say you were wrong by any means, I was just stating when foreign nations come to train with us its typically just the force themselves , they dont bring, vehicles, armored vehicles, and stuff like that , thats just my expeirence though, I trained with germans, spanish, and algerians, in a time span of 2 years and non of them brought their own vehicles, as well as when I trained with the canadians and the brit marines , they didnt bring their own vehicles either, all of which were training ops in the us on us soil at us bases, again I dont know how it was in your day , but i do know how they have done things with ops I have been involved in

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The OP's pic
Take notice of tail light shape,number plate position and the 2 piece tailgate,my opinion is their Japanese army trucks,

Chinese Mengshi

Japanese Toyota Mega Cruiser

edit on 9/2/2011 by Travlla because: cause i can,

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Are you sure about that?
Evidently, the Japanse car manufacturers find that it is within reason. Any government certainly would ship if it had the slightest desire to do so. Don't forget, a lot of those car-carrying ships have been idled in the last couple of years. They are probably making sweet deals these days.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Aliensun because: word correction

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Territorial Army Possibly? They are all over most of the english bases at the moment
reply to post by TedHodgson

No they are not!

To the OP are you aware that alot of countries have entered into an agreement a bit like favor for a favour, basically it's like "If you fly my troops here we will owe you when you want to go somewhere" us Brits have an agreement with the French with there aircraft carriers.

It's because we are all poor

Telegraph

edit on 9/2/11 by simples because: Edit link into post

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I saw some Chinese missile launching trucks and radar, similar to the US patriot missile system, here in Las Cruces NM, a couple months ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by simples

Errr yes they are, Simples...Do you actually know what the Army is?....I know you say your in it, But in reality you seemingly think that not only you know the locations of secret bases that dont contain anything but water because they are resovoires, But that you openly declare that TA army reserve Vehicles are not stored On Uk bases, And not just that The TA arnt anywhere in england....Where are they stored/based then?..in a resovoire?

Do you just sit at home trolling all day long?

edit on 9/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I certainly hope Japan and not China. Is there any way this can be confirmed on base.

If Chinese I say somethings up. I think something is up anyway - just not sure which direction its coming from for certain. N Korea, Iran, Egypt, China etc. take your pick.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes I am in the army I'm posted to Bielefeld in Germany.

Fact! The TA have there own camps! In the UK

What do you know about the army or forces in general your a CIVI bum.

Fact what vehicles the TA do have are old and are not pooled onto regular army bases for storage! They are kept in there own camps.

The TA's budget had been cut so much they can't even deploy on exercises bar there yearly necessary ones.

So in summary don't comment on something you haven't got a clue about

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Exactly So they are all over english bases then...

Or do the TA Army bases not class as english soil....

Thankyou for Illiterating my point

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ok if that's what you ment what relevance is that?

By saying they are all over English bases is saying they are on all of them or most of the regulars army bases is it not?
edit on 9/2/11 by simples because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here's a silly thought.
Someone in DRMO bought them up for nothing and another base needed something. I know this isn't conspiratorial. Sorry. But this could be perfectly reasonable expanation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join