It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Renewel - Where's the OUTRAGE?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'll concede that I am not pleased by the fact that President Obama has asked for extension. I cannot make a case on his behalf. (I can only assume with Middle East tensions at a fever pitch that he is privy to inside information) But I'm not defending it and acknowledge your well stated point. Touché. Contrary to your sweeping generalizations I do not offer blind allegiance and was highly critical of POTUS due to slow response to BP GOM disaster.

But I continue to take issue with your perpetual, banal insinuations that somehow Democrats (Liberals, Progressives whatever you like to call us) are not champions of protecting our rights and freedoms. That is simply not true. Nor due I recognize your 2nd link from a banned member who was obviously your idol. Besides, seems rather moot as Democrats no longer hold both houses.

Win one, lose one.

edit on 8-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Rights smights, derrrrrr.

Economics, social, what ELSE IS THERE?

Oh who cares, what does it matter, the Dems take the same rights away as the Repubs, might just as well vote for more rights to be taken away!

edit to add-by the way, the government SHOULD HAVE MORE POWER according to the Dems right? That is their whole spiel by the way correct? Because the corporations have the power of government!
edit on 8-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

This year alone, the Democrats overwhelmingly voted five times to kill the Patriot Act. When that didn't work, they filibustered.

That was in 2006. But the Democrats took both houses of Congress in 2007. They could have killed it then. But they didn't. They only voted to kill it when there was no chance it would be killed -- to wind up their base. They could have killed it in 2008. In 2009 they had both houses of Congress AND they had the Presidency so no chance of a veto. They could have killed it then. in 2010 same thing, they could easily have killed it. And they didn't.

So don't lie to yourself. They had 4 years of legislative power, and during 2 of those years they also held the executive branch -- and they did jack squat.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

You present a compelling argument. I have no worthy justification why they didn't. While no political ideology or party is perfect I still align my self within their camp. I support the vast majority their platforms despite the few I disagree with.

I suspect that once power is bestowed upon government, it is next to impossible to relinquish it but acquiesce to your premise. I concede to being mistaken and retract my prior assertions. Hey, they ain't all beauty queens.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." --Unknown.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Tea party republicans just stopped the patriot act renewal from passing today.

However, the republican fascists plan on bring it back up for another vote at the end of the month, which the tea party republicans will not be able to block again.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Okay mr. wo is me!, The Tea Party candidates crushed the Patriot Act.

How bout giving them A LITTLE kudos!

By the way, been working on that for awhile myself. Maybe a little Ron Paul has exuded upon the TPM?

Hmmmmm, give a little bit of kudos duudddddddde.
Yes they stopped one vote, but we have a hell of a lot more to do. You going to help?

What I should ask is if the DEMONCRATS going to help!?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, it looks like this one is on hold for the moment.

If Egyptians have enough have enough balls to stand up to the "Evil Pigs", Americans should be able to stand up for their Bill of Rights.

Email or call your legislators now so we can stop this NAZI PIG WAR act from continuing to destroy freedom in the U.S.A.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b00c950e249.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee08488227e8.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-2-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Tea party republicans just stopped the patriot act renewal from passing today.

However, the republican fascists plan on bring it back up for another vote at the end of the month, which the tea party republicans will not be able to block again.

These Tea Partyers could be an interesting lot. Let's see what kind of tempest in that GOP "pot" they can stir up. I'm with them on this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join