It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul On Verge Of Announcing 2012 Presidential Bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Political pundits are speculating that Ron Paul could be on the verge of announcing his much awaited 2012 presidential run, after the Texas Congressman agreed to give a speech in Iowa at an event entitled “presidential lecture series” that will feature other likely Oval Office candidates.

www.infowars.com...

Can anyone confirm or deny this. I dont really follow infowars but i am aware is a controversial site so i am not sure how much credence to give it. It hard to keep up with politics over the pond but Ron Paul is a character that amist all the chaos seems to have a voice of clarity. I dont think it is possibe that he could do a worse job than bush and obama anyhow...

kx

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul has my full-fledged support! He is one of the only politicians sticking up for us Americans. Down with the Fed!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not gonna happen. If a bid comes to fruition Paul faces major obstacles:

Among the list of likely Republican contenders, most of whom were working as paid contributors to the conservative-leaning Fox News Channel, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee came out on top with 21 percent of the respondents saying they would support him over the others.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin took second in the poll, at 19 percent, followed by other familiar names: former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney at 19 percent, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 10 percent and Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 7 percent.

src

When your beaten, even in a poll, by walking testicle Newt Gingrich you definitely have your work cut out for you.

brill

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've been a Ron Paul supporter for years, but I'll be shocked if he wins. Not because he's unelectable — I think he's got more support than the media leads you to believe — but because it's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes that matters.

I don't have enough faith in the vote counters and election administrators to believe he'd be certified as the winner in any presidential election even if he got the most votes.

Don't let that stop you from voting for him on the off chance our electoral process is less corrupt than it appears.

new topics

top topics

join