It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Fails To Extend Patriot Act Spy Powers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
If its too good to be true, it probably is.

Exactly, have you people never considered they do all the stuff anyway, who is going to stop the murderers in these agencies doing what they want?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekter
That is great news indeed. But it's just a start. I'm surprised at the ratio of the votes. We all need to make sure our elected representatives know what WE want...and if they're no good give'em the boot!

For whatever it's worth, I wrote to my congresswoman as well as my senators today. I also shot e-mails to Kucinich and Ron Paul, thanking them for their votes (both the first time the Act was presented, as well as this extension.)

Again, for what it's worth... probably very little.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Lets just not let this lull everyone into a false sense of security...no pun intended.
The damn thing should be let die.There is no reason good enough to allow goverment such sweeping powers.
The 40,000 rights abuse violations which the FBI has chalked up in the last couple years is too many abuses by 39999!
The leash must be put on thses organisations.
I already greatly fear that the cabal of intelligence and military/ industrial elite,have entrenched themselves deeply into the fabirc of american, society.With the use of blackmail,threats, and bribery, they control a large part of the goverment.
They use the goverment to enrich themselves and their cronies, twisting and altering the laws to escape being revealed for the mudering thieves they really are.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You said it best, my friend.

I have no confidence that our Government is capable of doing the right thing.

They'll figure something else out.

Just watch.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
YES!! YES!! YES! This is GREAT news! Finally a step forward, I guess there is hope after all.

Beware! American history has always proven to be one step forward, three steps back. This is a temporary appeasement for an angry public. Know that they are planning bigger things, in so much as, this small sacrifice will not matter in the end. I hate to be a bitter pill, but the big meeting just happened with Barak, happened for a reason not yet known to the public. Now we have a pleasant distraction, don't we? Must we continue to be a nation that looks there when they say look there or over here is a problem, so over here is where you go? Deception is the only rule in government, the only ones who remain in office are either those who are the most deceptive or those with the same intensity of knowledge concerning deception, but are extremely paranoid and rightly so. They survive, not because of thier deception, but rather, the knowledge of it and the distrust of those who live deception as an ideology. We have to glance the other way, but then remain focused on what is in front of us. This is just a reminder, not an admonishment. In a miry situation such as possible revolt and potential police state, it is easy to drift onto a world of illusion. Illusion breeds easier prey to deceive. Look at what they say here, and quickly turn back and ask, what was this last meeting about?
edit on 9-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I hope this sticks because the Patriot Act does not serve Americans. In fact, it is un-American!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What will really change? I'm sure they're not going to be throwing Hi-tech surveillance equipment that could fill endless warehouses, in the trash after they've spent trillions of dollars on all their spy tech toys.
edit on 9-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
YES!! YES!! YES! This is GREAT news! Finally a step forward, I guess there is hope after all.

I'll bet we have the 9/11 truth movement to thank in many ways for this, to now see the pendalum swinging back in favour of individual liberty and privacy..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
At first glance, this looks like good news. However, they can gradually give the people back their freedoms that were eroded over the past several years, only to have another false flag event. Then we're back to where we started, only probably worse than before. Never underestimate politicians to screw with our civil liberties. It's what they live for.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I do understand the skepticism, but we're still going to have to think positive about it all, and keep pushing for the right thing to happen. What good does it do anyone for us to just continue to think that things will get worse? Why can't we think that things will get better?

True we need to sometimes know about the bad stuff, so we can take care of it, but what advantage does it give us to focus on the doom and gloom? I mean, we get what we focus on.

Keep our eyes on the prize, and keep fighting the good fight.

Troy

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There is one simple rule in dealing with the government and that is to never trust it. Ever.

I've lost all belief in legislation, my hope dwindling. That goes for the rest of the corrupt U.S. government and pretty much all of world business combined. I have moved on to greener pastures, but it seems wherever I turn the government has already infiltrated/ruined my newfound freedom some way or another.

Yet people still protest, raising every possible concern on words and picket-signs alike. Un-aware these bold efforts are ultimately fruitless. TPTB have played the cards well behind our backs. Ignorant, we've been chained to a wall, drunk while our captors slowly build a brick wall between us and our truth.

This 'victory' in preventing the harsh Patriot Act from enaction is all clever illusion. We can't lose our ground, otherwise another, even worse Act will slip through our grasp. We'll be back to square one again. Don't become so complacent so easily. A new false-flag operation could be in our midst.

With smiles on our faces ... they will carve a frown.

~TS

edit on 9-2-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Get ready for false flag mayhem.Hmmmmm I wonder?a boob bomb?a butt bomb?

edit on 9-2-2011 by rugger because: wanted to add a one of the little faces

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We all here know the Patriot Act does not protect America at all. The more people that disapprove of the PA and write to the legislators, the greater chance we have in putting this Evil Law down in the future.

I like the (2006) Patriot Act ACLU poster in the Wired article because it conveys the reality more accurately than the images the MSM portrays. I downloaded both posters from this Aclu page. Print them out and put them on your local public brick & mortar bulletin boards or your other favorite web sites to remind other Americans about the true nature of the PA act, perhaps adding a note to inform their legislators that they don't wish it to be renewed.

If anybody knows of some updated or better posters, please let me know.

Here's a half size version of the other poster.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee08488227e8.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd add an FBI insignia on this guys jacket, but that's illegal now too.
edit on 9-2-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I fear there will be another grand stand to push thru a new permanent patriot act. We must be vigilant in sending emails to our congressmen and senators to prevent any further loss of our liberties.

I'm totally dumb founded by Homeland Securities rhetoric and fear mongering ... if they'd just use common sense
and do whats right there wouldn't be any need for enforcing a patriot act. But no, they'd rather leave the borders wide open issuing passports to anyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by Sekter
That is great news indeed. But it's just a start. I'm surprised at the ratio of the votes. We all need to make sure our elected representatives know what WE want...and if they're no good give'em the boot!

For whatever it's worth, I wrote to my congresswoman as well as my senators today. I also shot e-mails to Kucinich and Ron Paul, thanking them for their votes (both the first time the Act was presented, as well as this extension.)

Again, for what it's worth... probably very little.

Make sure you thank Pelosi as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The puppetmasters want to control the public. They need a means to do it by.

I guarantee you that if this does not go through now is some form or another, it is a sure bet that there will be another major "terrorist" event to persuade the public to go along with it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As good as this sounds...

Somehow I think that the government is not going give the slightest care in the world whether or not the house passed this.

They are still gonna keep on spying and collecting information through all means possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

they'll do somethin to treat us like criminals in a prison like blow up a bomb off the coast oh noes were under attack redo the patriot act i can see it now or it will be worse like u said

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

yeah thats true, but it might stop people from getting arrested for their natural born life without a trial all cuz someone thought they was a extremist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join