It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hitler really the worst ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It seems like no matter what news source you are watching, be it Alex Jones, to Glenn Beck, the comparison to Hitler and the Nazi's come up all the time.

But why not Stalin or Mao? I believe they killed more people than Hitler.

I realize that the image of Hitler must remain fresh in everyone's mind to justify Israel's naughtiness, but it gets kinda old.

I think there is so much propaganda out there about Hitler, its hard to really know the truth about him. I don't believe he wanted war, and I don't believe he wanted to take over the world like many say. I believe he was provoked.

Of course, if you have any info to prove to me that he is indeed the most evil man EVER, I'm open to your views (no Speilberg films please, that doesn't count lol)

edit on 8-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

i don't believe hitler was forced. i do not agree with your historical assessment. that being said, i think the reason why hitler is the poster child for all that's rotten and is thrown out as the example of the worst type of human being and atrocities affiliated, is because so many movies and books and photos have been disseminated regarding hitler that everyone world wide has such a vivid understanding of hitler's evil. and rightfully so.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It is fascinating that out of all of histories villains, and there have been many of them, Hitler is always the one to be singled out.

It has become so obsessive that someone even coined an unofficial, yet accurate, "law" regarding the issue, it states...

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."

In other words, Godwin put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope— someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

Godwin's Law

I think it's just all down to wartime and post war propaganda and the fact that Hitler played the role of villain so perfectly. He was a wartime propagandists wet dream.

Meanwhile, other dictators and despots, quite literally, get away with murder.

History is written by the winners.

link   

I believe it's because we have way more access to records of the stuff hitler did, most of the Stalin files are still sealed byt he Russians and the Chinese officialy claim the cultural purges never happened.

link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Few people know the facts about the singular event that helped spark what ultimately became known as World War II - the international Jewish declaration of war on Germany shortly after Adolf Hitler came to power and well before any official German government sanctions or reprisals against Jews were carried out. The March 24, 1933 issue of The Daily Express of London (shown above) described how Jewish leaders, in combination with powerful international Jewish financial interests, had launched a boycott of Germany for the express purpose of crippling her already precarious economy in the hope of bringing down the new Hitler regime. It was only then that Germany struck back in response. Thus, if truth be told, it was the worldwide Jewish leadership - not the Third Reich - that effectively fired the first shot in the Second World War. Prominent New York attorney Samuel Untermyer (above right) was one of the leading agitators in the war against Germany, describing the Jewish campaign as nothing less than a "holy war."

www.wintersonnenwende.com...

link   

Because Stalin and Mao never killed any Jews? You would have thought Stalin would be more hated because of the whole cold war thing
edit on 8/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You had a point, must have missed it. Please explaine to us idiots how Hitler is not a murderous ass.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Don't be such a Nazi. Lol. I'm a historian who has no emotional connection either way.
edit on 8-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
It's another racist, posing. kill this post, please mods?

How in the heck is this a racist post?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

You definitly are missing the point of the post.
It's not to say that hitler wasen't an ass or a murderer.
OP is about hitler not necessarily being THE WORST. Try re-reading

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hitler definatly wasn't a wholesome character by any stretch of the imagination and i don't think many people could come up with a convincing argument to the contrary. But historically we've been an incredibly barbaric race, you don't have to go that far back in history to find plenty of torture devices designed specifically for inflicting as much pain as possible on a person resulting in a slow and excruciatingly painful death.
edit on 8-2-2011 by snoochieboochies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For people on a site saying 'deny ignorance' it would seem the OP has had alot of ignorance posted in his thread here. Nobody seems willing to prove otherwise bar from just requests for closing the thread due to bringing up such a thread being racist. I don't think anyone is going to hold up Hitler's actions and say he is a saint here. Though it's not to say people haven't done worse. Nor is it to say there hasn't been mass killings of Jews even elsewhere (England and Wales for example).

History is written by the people who win the wars and of course he lost. Therefor anything that isn't approved by the authors is buried. He did alot of bad in the world and some good for his country. This doesn't equal each other out, of course.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the demonizing of Hitler is due to the massive propaganda campaign that was undertaken at the end of WWII and continues to this day...you can actually be imprisoned for "questioning the holocaust"...if there was nothing to hide, measures would not need to be this extreme...and as far as 6 million jews dying? it is complete and utter nonsense...try doing some research into the amount of jews that were on the ENTIRE CONTINENT before WWII and then explain to me how it is even remotely possible that 6 million jews died...Stalin was certainly worse, as was Mao, but i regard Stalin as history's most treacherous villain (visible villain that is, Rothschilds are infinitely worse)...the whole situation reeks of a massive Zionist conspiracy...and any of you internet intellectuals who want to criticize me, keep in mind that i have a degree in European history and you have nothing but a lifetime of being indoctrinated by those who are telling you what to think...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I personally think Hitler was a absolute Genious, I mean He took germany out of a time of sorrow and despression and rose it to power, However He was probably bullied at school by a jew because of his moustache and he became a crazy Genious that was the closest thing to Satan People had seen in ages

edit on 8/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Simple dude:

History is written by the winners.
~Alex Haley

I am sure there are others throughout history who have topped hitler, but he took on the world and lost. No matter his reasons or motivations, defensive or agressive, the world won so the world writes the history that we all come to believe is fact.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Great post thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join