It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel has gone too far, this time!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
Welllll.....Larry the Cable Guy...I will totally watch that. And love it.

I will too. I think him and Ron White are funny as h3ll.

You don't have be a redneck to appreciate redneck comedy, no more than you had to be an idiot to appreciate the Three Stooges.

What most people do not realize is that doing stand up comedy takes a lot more talent and intelligence than doing drama. It's rare. George Clooney was funny as hell (oops) in "Oh Brother Where Arte Thou?" and yet he is an excellent dramatic actor.

I see nothing wrong with presenting subject matter with a bit of humor. This world is in rotten shape, sometimes it's better to laugh than cry, and if you learn something in the process so much the better

edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: dropped a word out

edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Dropped another word out..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I'm not denying how hilarious rednecks can be, I'm half trailer trash myself (on my father's side). I just happen to prefer the more witty comedians out there that can make you laugh and think all at the same time, like David Cross for example:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thiis just sad. I used to really like the history channel then they started coming up with Ice road truckers and other non history shows. How is Larry the cable guy history unless they mean his career is history? LOL.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

I'm not denying how hilarious rednecks can be, I'm half trailer trash myself (on my father's side).

You cracked me up with that one. I'm going to have to remember it so I can use myself

BTW: S&F OP

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There's another matter to think of as well.

How many here have watched the Science channel, Discovery, History Channel et al when they had interesting topics.

How many here have been disappointed, finding they just keep going over the same low-level of subject matter time and time again for the bulk of their program?

I sit there watching say, Science Channel, and I'm like "Ok, ok, ok, been there done that - tell me something new!"

I think they feel the need to make material as accessible to the broadest audience as is possible; so time and again we get territory repeated.

They need to come up with the Grad channel, where they could skip the basics.
edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: another word..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A good point.

And, I agree trying to pick up new viewership - I understand, that ultimately, it's all about money, and they are trying to increase their ratings, blah, blah, blah - I'm not saying they need to *cater* to us, but please just don't *forget* about us. If you're going to give us LtCG, please toss in some Michio Kaku or Neil deGrasse Tyson et al, every once in awhile. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Excercise your freedom of choice. Don't watch.

Exactly, he looks like someone i would not watch either, and if he is on tv, you can be sure his opinion means nowt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join