It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel has gone too far, this time!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Larry "The Cable Guy" landed his own series?!

Are you effing kidding me?!

OR, is this the most brilliant plan in the world to appeal to 'greater' America (what our ignorant masses have become) - who knows...

Viewership up (perhaps?), Respectibility down (even further)

edit on 2/8/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: embeddage

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Excercise your freedom of choice. Don't watch.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
perhaps even worse mike tyson has a series coming too animal planet about pigeons. you heard me right PIGEONS!![e ditby]edit on 8-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wonder if he's going to cover the Redneck Olympics or whatever they're called.

That's kind of an "only in America" thing, no?

Hey, history is history. There's no denying it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Did i hear you say pigeons?

link   

No, its just a business giving the public what they will watch, as without advertising dollars you go broke. It's simple really, no viewers, no income.

link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Larry "The Cable Guy" landed his own series?!

Are you effing kidding me?!

OR, is this the most brilliant plan in the world to appeal to 'greater' America (what our ignorant masses have become) - who knows...

Viewership up (perhaps?), Respectibility down (even further)

edit on 2/8/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: embeddage

No this has been going on for quite some time. I think this is a ploy to make everyone get the GRAND GOLD PLATINUM 1000 CHANNELS + package.
Seriously. Discovery Channel and The Learning Channel used to be channels where you could see quality documentaries and educational programs. Now its American Chopper and 7 Babies and a Dude type of programming. At least Animal Planet has interesting shows on it still.
edit on 8-2-2011 by packinupngoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fifaboy

yep you heard right my friend pigeons

edit on 8-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
perhaps even worse mike tyson has a series coming too animal planet about pigeons. you heard me right PIGEONS!!
edit on 8-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

Yea I've seen that commercial for the past 2 days but I never knew the whole show would be about avenging the death of his pet pigeon. Out. Rageous.

edit on Tue Feb 8 2011 by Jbird because: BB code

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

wasn't he the voice for one of the cars movie cartoon characters? there must be some kind of niche. same people who watch redneck weddings? at this point even if you get 3mil viewership, its enough to keep the series in cable.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The History Channel USE to be my favorite channel but they too have sold out to reality show CRAP.

I remember when they had new documentaries and shows on daily and now they never show anything new and when they do they re-run the hell out of it.

Ice Road Truckers, the pawn shop show and a few others are crap and don't belong on the History Channel. What happened to thought out well researched programs? I guess it's easier to get some "celebrities" or people who want their 15mins of fame to do programs than to do actual work to make a show. I use to watch this channel all the time. I only watch Ancient Aliens on it currently.

Here is a little on the show.

Larry the Cable Guy believes the United States of America is the greatest country on the face of the earth and he's out to prove it. In Only in America with Larry the Cable Guy, Larry crisscrosses the nation, going totally off the beaten path to find the people, places and things that define this nation's unique history. Each episode uncovers surprising information about America's history from the story of how moonshine-making during Prohibition gave rise to one of America's most celebrated past times--NASCAR racing--to the history of etiquette from Emily Post's heirs in Vermont, complete with a lesson in good manners. From panning for gold in the hills of California to leading a cavalry charge in a Civil War reenactment in Virginia, Larry gives history a fun, down-home twist.

www.history.com...
This sounds like it will be BORING.

Only in America would this crap be on tv.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Welllll.....Larry the Cable Guy...I will totally watch that. And love it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
or you can get netflix for 8 bucks a month and watch anything you want.

edit: why is everyone losing their sh## over mike tyson?
edit on 8-2-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
OMG you are really whining about what's on TV and are actually suprised that the cable tv people are no better than the network people.Why would you think they wouldn't use the least common denominator to reach the biggest audience.Viewers = money from advertisers.Good lord don't act so suprised.
Now tell the truth you're gonna watch aren't you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What's really great is that his fans don't even realize it's all just an act. He couldn't have been less of a redneck before he realized how much money he could make by pandering to the NASCAR crowd:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Mike must've gotten attached to the birds ala Alcatraz, when he was walking the yard.

Third line.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I used to really like the History Channel...lots of great documentaries...biographies... WWII stuff... political movements etc.

Then they started doing crap like "the history of brick" or the "history of onions" or bologna.... with AMC constantly doing Godfather marathons and the like...we cancelled satellite.

We no longer watch TV... haven't missed anything. Get all of our info off the web, read books, watch DVDs... and we save $50 plus bucks a month.

Larry The Cable Guy is funny in limited doses... about 30 minutes to an hour is all I can handle... then the "redneck schtick" gets old very quickly.... maybe to close to my reality for comfort, I don't know...lol... I really do know people like him... oh God, I'm pathetic.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

Hey everybody knows rednecks are funny, to wit:

You might be a redneck if you've ever been to the funeral of someone whos last words were "Hey ya'll watch this here!"

You might be a redneck if you're favorite lawn ornament is a burned out chevy truck.
edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: forgot an s

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

What's really great is that his fans don't even realize it's all just an act. He couldn't have been less of a redneck before he realized how much money he could make by pandering to the NASCAR crowd:

Ho. Lee. Crap. Never seen that - awesome find.

Regardless, of who he *is*, it's still about who they are trying to appeal *to* - and, that is what is intriguing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thsi show is suppose to show how Great america is and it's hosted by LARRY THE CABLE GUY.

Seriously I'm not suprised but all I can say this is a shining example of greed. The History Channel doesn't care about how much damage they do America's image , all they care about is ratings and money.

Greed is going to kill this country,one way or another.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join