It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld book admits 'misstatements' over WMD sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Donald Rumsfeld book admits 'misstatements' over WMD sites

www.guardian.co.uk

The former US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, admits in his memoirs that he made a mistake in claiming that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction sites round Baghdad and Tikrit, one of the main justifications for launching the Iraq invasion.

Rumsfeld says now: "I made a misstatement." What he meant to say is there were 'suspect sites'.

The incident is one of many in the 815-page autobiography, Known and Unknown, in which he seeks to revise the history of the Bush administration on issues ranging from Iraq to the Guantánamo detention centre.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Can somebody please, PLEASE tell me why this mass-murdering war criminal has not been INDICTED and hauled up before the Hague?!?

He "mis-stated" in the usual gov doublespeak means HE LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH endlessly, like the rest of these monsters, to charge us into this trainwreck of death and destruction, which is disasterously going on to this day, and costing our struggling nation obscene amounts of tax-dollars that it can ill-afford to continue sacrificing for the M.I.C.'s endless war profiteering.

Here is a nice little vid summing up this criminal, and his other co-conspirators "mis-statements" which have resulted in the deaths and suffering of tens of thousands of innocent civilians, and have cost our nation billions of dollars on end, and this is still ongoing as we speak:

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lies about not having lied... I still say we give them a trial although they didnt afford the hundreds of thousands murdered an opportunity to defend themselves. Or we could let them rot in Guantanamo Bay for the rest of their lives without charges or evidence.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Can somebody please, PLEASE tell me why this mass-murdering war criminal has not been INDICTED and hauled up before the Hague?!?

Yes, I can. Its because the World is run by fellow criminals. Justice will need to come from the people, not the criminal cartels known as governments.
edit on 8-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That's one hell of an "oops", Rummy.
One that cost thousands of lives.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hasn't he said this before?

So what, the "news" here is that now it's in his book?

Slow news day?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm sick of these damn politicians. They never lie. They only mis-speak and make mis-statements.
He f**king lied to get the US into war. He caused the death of thousands of people because of his mis-statements.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How much is he charging us for the privilege of reading that hes a scumbag ? Free e book I d hope !
Seriously though he shows no remorse for those who are Still dying over lies .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well, I would say the main difference is now, just like dumbya, by putting these attempts at history revisionism and penning 'memoirs' basically recording in print their crimes, these guys are literally presenting any foreign judicial body with the stones to now come after these guys officially.

They are basically signing admissions of guilt, assuming that they are above the law. and while that may well be the case on the domestic front with one set of war-criminals defending the other and carrying on the same atrocities, as we have seen with Bushie's latest cancelation of his trip abroad, it may not bode well for them on the international front.
edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i dont even think we should give them a fair trial none of there victims get one. would love for one of their protection teams to grow a conseince and body there boss..... do us all a favour!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Absolutely and all good points I totally agree with. They started revising history right before our eyes before they even left office. I truly didn't mean any disrespect, and of course it's good if more people realize it, and if repeating it until we turn blue is what it takes, go for it no matter how cranky it makes me. I get cranky because it feels like I'm losing my mind sometimes to hear over and over again what should be common knowledge by now.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He has commited mass murder and should be charged as such. He really is not a very nice character..

kx

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You gotta love these Cheney, Bush, and Rumsfield threads. They are such teasers because you think at least one of the three goons will eventually get what's coming to him and yet it's just another pointless hit-and-miss, let's talk about what could've, should've happened instead of what should happen now - persecution of these criminals. Reading these threads is like being laughed at by these goons. Sick'em of all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's funny how the most dangerous people in the world, really do tend to be the people who never throw a punch themselves.

Yet they sure do drive and instigate all the circumstances and events that makes for a truly violent and disgusting might makes right world.

Sadly with no real lack of people willing to get paid, and lauded to fight and die for them, to kill, steal and destroy for them, and so many people seeing it all like a sporting event contest or video game, guys like Rumsfeld will always be sitting pretty and in the driver's seat.

The problem in going after and only going after guys like him is it still leaves millions of millions of people who's paranoias, anger, fear, greed and lust, and misguided sense of team sport national pride who in essence are the real ones who make a guy like Rumsfeld possible.

Ultimately who we have to go after is those millions and millions, tens of millions, hundreds of millions of people, who support, praise, justify and make possible the military industrial complex.

It's why in every generation there are Rumsfelds, we can hang Hitlers and Rumsfelds all day long, but there will always be another one along, until the thinking changes in the massess.

We are always focused on the big fish that get away, instead of the millions and millions of tiny ones that they exist on to feed them and promote them.

This will never be solved with a vertical approach, it's the latteral approach that has to happen to end it all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ha nice post possibly inspired from the al quaeda thread ? lol
Your right though until the masses stop doing their bidding the world will be full of these chickenhawks like Rummy making a tidy sum off misery .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ha nice post possibly inspired from the al quaeda thread ? lol
Your right though until the masses stop doing their bidding the world will be full of these chickenhawks like Rummy making a tidy sum off misery .

I have been on the individual/personal responsibility kick for oh, 35 years or so. I am a conspiracy theorist and rebel from way back.

But absolutely there are no shortage of members here on the boards that espouse the type of thinking that keeps these guys in business and makes all the violence possible.

They are our neighbors, friends, co-workers, relatives etc.

We can't seem to really go after the big fish for lack of a legal mechanism, but we sure won't seem to go after the small fish.

That's a huge part of the problem.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"He's a ruthless little bastard, you can be sure of that," said Richard Nixon in 1971 of DR. Well, if the US won't prosecute him (etal) for war crimes, then DR better be careful where he travels, as other countries will. Bush canceled Switzerland trip, for ex.

I maintain that, given the political climate at the time, many in congress cowardly voted to give Bush power to use force in Iraq solely because they were afraid of being voted out of office by constituents who were swayed by these "misstatements". Damn right voting matters! (Obama was against the use of force, and IMO any politician who voted aye should never hold office again.)

At a time when we saw nightly news loops featuring a rocket on a donkey cart and Saddam waving either a rifle or sword, this "ruthless little bastard" was creating fear in citizens' minds about WMD. It was this fear that prompted families to send their loved ones to die, and the public to support this madness.

Iraq didn't have the WMD before the war, but that country and its people sure suffered under the mass destruction caused by warfare. Oh, and if America needs to reduce its debt, they could go find the 8 billion $ that just "went missing" there.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ahh! the warmongering liar!

Hehe! I just loves his unknown unknowns thingy though!

That's really some funny propaganda, but it also makes me wonder about all these people who bought into their lies without any questions asked! :shk:

new topics

top topics

join