It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this - sleep paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here's some background. A few years ago I had my first episode of SP due to a failed astral projection, and it was very frightening. Never tried it again. After that, it kept happening from time to time, until I finally discovered what it was - SP, nothing to be scared of.

During the past month I've been experimenting with it, but never succeeding in astral projecting.

However, I found that half of the time I can actually induce SP - or is it...?

This is what happens. I'm laying in bed in the morning, don't want to get up, so I say to myself, hey, let's try it again today... a few minutes later I start hearing sounds in my ears, I really can't explain what it's like. Then my body starts vibrating (or does it?), I feel so much energy, it feels nice. I try to leave my body but always fail, and end up having some weird dreams afterward.

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

This is what happened to me after trying to lucid dream and failing. The sleep paralysis eventually went away, but i have since quit doing it because scary stuff started to happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yes, that is sleep paralysis. In this state I have succeeded in "astral projecting" by focusing and "raising my vibration", as you're describing... and normally you'd try really hard to do it, but when I do it, when I'm out, I think to myself, "It didn't have to be that hard; didn't need to try so hard." And I kind of shoot out of my body, thinking it could have been more of an easier departure, if I wasn't trying so hard... and then I end up panicking, wondering how long I can stay like that, and the return is what I would describe as "shocking"... very strange experience..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Same thing happing's to me when i am able to become lucid in my dreams i wake up with sleep paralysis . I think a lot of ufo abduction stories can be debunked by sleep paralysis.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If you don't know what it is, it is the scariest experience ever.

I've OOBE before... but I only made it to the door of my room, then I immediately returned to my body.

But that paralysis is scary lol, especially when you don't want it to happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the first time i had sleep paralysis i thought i was being possessed haha. after i heard that it's easy to astral project while in sleep paralysis mode i tried it but i always get scared and wake myself up. even though i know that nothing bad can happen to me it still just feels too weird; like i won't wake up if i let myself go any deeper into it

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
SP is indeed scary, but if you get to know it, you can really have a unique experience with it. The sensation of submission to it knowing it's not real, can allow your mind to do some really weird things...

In a way, it's like using a dissociative psychedelic... It can be the scariest thing ever and you are terrified, or it can become so amazing that the buzz lasts the entire next day..

Just don't fight the terror... Laugh at it, mock it, absorb it. the whooshing sound of everything around you being blown away, the faint incomprehensible voices, the feeling that something is watching you, etc.. if you just let it happen, at least in my experience, you can enter a very real lucid state..

I've had lucid dreams before, but these are somehow different.. more surreal, familiarity mixed with absurdity.. I dunno how to explain it properly, but I've come to enjoy sleep paralysis. When it used to frighten the absolute hell out of me.

I still get bad episodes of it however, I guess I don't realise it in the state Im in, but the fight or flight instinct takes over and I end up punching or kicking the walls violently almost falling out of bed.

Oh but some of the nightmares are just so delicious, and to think - I used to fear them...
edit on 8/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Read the following thread by Rising against. You will find it most informative on topic,

Sleep Paralysis – A Paranormal Phenomenon?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
in a way my thread on the differences between early worms and nightowls are related ....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This SP is so different from my past ones, though.

Why am I feeling the vibrations now? Where are the demons and people walking around my house?

Is it because I'm more confident now, and know what's going on?

I'm always looking forward to it! It's one of the best things I've ever felt.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
This SP is so different from my past ones, though.

Why am I feeling the vibrations now? Where are the demons and people walking around my house?

Is it because I'm more confident now, and know what's going on?

I'm always looking forward to it! It's one of the best things I've ever felt.

Thanks.

Perhaps a different consciousness you have in interpreting it - you've decided to enjoy it, so it lets you experience more.

I dunno, my feet tingle if I lie certain ways, no baloney, and that freaks me out, feng shui or not, I feel it.. so maybe you're sleeping differently? New arrangement?

I believe 100% we are affected by our surroundings, either emotionally or physically, I know when I sleep in a different location, I sleep differently.. even if it is within my own bedroom. Bizarre..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's Exploding head syndrome, and is a type of Hypnagognic Hallucination related to sleep paralysis.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
It's Exploding head syndrome, and is a type of Hypnagognic Hallucination related to sleep paralysis.

That's sounds very much like it. Doesn't say anything about vibrations though.

Am I on the right track to astral projection?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I had it again today, this time a bit more intense. I could feel a presence and I could hear very vivid sounds.

I think I actually heard my bedpost slightly hitting against the wall from the vibrations, but I can't tell if that was just my imagination.

Didn't get any further though.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This one time i was lying in bed my whole body felt stuck in jellow, could barely move. My ears and head buzzed and filled loudly with a rushing sound that started low then increased in sound and intensity. IN front of me where the closet was a strange greyish blob was forming into the outline of a person, i fought it and fought it until i broke free and suddenly snapped fully conscious.

Whenever it has happened again or tried to i just fall into a very wierd dreams like you said but almost like alternate realities in which i think im awake but realize im not when i see or hear some strange things.
edit on 12-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

top topics

join