It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was visual portrayal of muhammad not a big deal in 2002?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So i was laying in bed with the girl last night and we decided to pop on a few episodes of South Park to fall asleep too.

Something happened i completely forgot about.

Its the 3rd episode of Season 5, The Super Best Friends.

Pretty much long story here:
Wiki

Short Story:
David Blaine Tring to Take Over, Jesus can't stop him, goes to super best friends, beats Blaine.

Well part of the super best friends as i'm sure you all know from the recent episode was muhammad.

Intrestly enough, he is fully shown, and pretty badass, he has some fire powers.

Anyway, i wondered, why was this not a big deal? I remember when the episode first aired and i don't remember any problem, hell i remember it airing multiple times. I did some research and found articles like

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think its sad that there was no outrage, not being known is a poor ass excuse, southpark was the rage back then. I find it sad, because one event, muslims just freaked out and make it a big deal now when it obviously wasn't a big deal before.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
wait, so you are fristrated that nobody died because of a cartoon? would you rather that happen everytime?
maybe all the had to do was portray muhammed as a complete and utter badass, see how angry muslims are then?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ehehehe
edit on 8-2-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Because back then it wasn't cool to terrorize people for showing the face of Muhammad back then. People were actually scared of the Muslim people back then. I don't understand personally. I come from a religion that has the face of Jesus on practically everything. But maybe that's the real reason. The Muslims don't want to have to look at some idiot trying to sell them a block of cheese formed to look like Muhammad.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

Yeah sure put it that way if thats the way you think.

I find it frustrating that when one person causes a fuss, everyone else just follows suit.

new topics

top topics

join