It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Christ

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiianyydayiii
Thanks for your reply and thread IAMIAM.
Ok, it looks like a simple misunderstanding between you and the other poster. You seem to agree that Christ tells us how to pray but He doesn't tell us exactly what to pray. We are to pray personally with God as He were someone we knew well, respected, and were comfortable with -like the parent He is. He's happy to give us what we need if we'd just ask with the proper frame of mind and heart.

That's exactly right my friend. I don't know exactly what was disagreed with in my post. It was just stated that they disagree, so I left it at that. Maybe it was a misunderstanding or perhaps a different understanding all together. Either way, you got my meaning.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Brother Iam, I just want to thank you for your loving heart. And your willingness to share in forum as its a modern form of sharing God's love. Bless you dear brother.

I feel God moving through my life. I have had some epiphany in the past, but the one that has been forming over the last few months is astounding. I am feeling an awakening, thats bigger than just me. With all the news thats swirling around and just tonight seems to be accelerating, Concepts and relationship patterns of them are coming together.

I am really, though thankfully not physically, feeling the worlds birth pangs. I think we are closer than we think. Like a thief in the night, keep watch, don't be caught sleeping.

just my 2 sense,

your sister in Christ.
edit on 15-2-2011 by SunflowerStar because: sp

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Wow sister, really quick to jump,if you will. I feel Iam is very quick to jump into judgment,only looking at his posts,one can see a jump to judgement. And as a human, he knows he is,hence his asking for forgiveness. after all it is HUMAN. the truth is when we know we are forgiven we are set free from judgement. That is the beauty of the gift....there are no strings attached...none...zero...no worries...free...period...done ...sealed...done deal

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In Reply to your post and why I disagree with you on many points.
Quotes by you IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Quote,
He blinds his followers with the power of evil by making everything evil to them - Don't smoke marijuana

Are you saying that it is biblical okay?

Quote,
Satan is the adversary of God. It is that part of us that judges good from evil. There is no evil.

What do you mean with this statement?

Quote,
The Anti-Christ lies in our own judgements of each other.

I agree with you here, but along this thread the point that was trying to be made is that one day in the not so distant future, there will be a man that will be a leader that will be the counterfeit Christ, and he will even want the masses to worship him. Yes, Christ said, "there will be many who come in My name" and there has been.
I believe as you do that the biggest and most powerful church being in Rome is anti-Christ. The reformation tried to correct that but failed in the bigger scheme of things.

Quote,
This is a paradise we live in. We have an infinite number of expressions of God within the human race.

If this is a paradise, than why did Jesus say to the thief on the cross, Luke 23:43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Quote,
If we love all, the systems which enslave us will crumble.

Yes this is true if only it were possible, that is why Jesus came, we will never be perfect, but we do have salvation, and everyday of our life we must pray to God and ask for forgiveness in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We do not fight against flesh and blood but against principalities and darkness of this world. And until those principalities and darkness are removed from this world, we will never achieve that fullness of love. There will always be those that succumb to the weakness of the flesh, and conduct themselves horribly and hurting others.
That is why there is a reference called, "In the time of the end." The devil has to be locked away so he cannot deceive the world no more.
It doesn't mean though in the mean time that we do not strive for perfection through the Lord.

Quote,
I do not judge the anti-christ either. The anti-christ exists because Man wants him to exist. Man can banish him from his heart anytime he wants to. I am not judging, I am simply telling what it is.

Here your making it sound to simple in my opinion. Your not stressing the significance of the Lord Jesus Christ in with how man can deal with his sinful nature. Christ is the key, without Him it is not possible, so by not stressing this main point, you only frustrate the individual. How can they even begin to understand how they can achieve what you are saying if you do not always include Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, and the light. That through Him all things are possible, and no one goes to the Father without first accepting into their heart His Son Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Originally posted by Akragon
Another's Quote,
You've said on numerous posts that this and that will crumble or "be tossed into the pit"... How do you think this will happen? People love their TV's and cars, their bluerays and PS3 etc etc...

Double Quote,
I do not know the how my friend. I do know it will happen and soon. I do not know the how though

Here you are leaving a question unanswered, that to me can be answered.

When we are spiritually awakened, is when we begin to understand the trivialities of this life in material wealth.
We then begin to learn not to depend on it, not to make it our number one concern, not to let it overtake us, that there is way more to life than the material world. God, Health, and family become number one. This, you do know, and if after your spiritual awakening you haven't realized this, than you really haven't awaken have you.

Do you really think some event will happen where people will just have no need for these things anymore....no interest in getting the biggest and the best of what they want?

Quote,
Yes. I am hoping that these discussions are the beginning of a bigger event in the making.

Maybe the challenge between you and I will make that event happen. All I want, and pray for is to have the wisdom from God to help anyone that wants to hear, and if only a hundred read but only one hears and goes and starts searching for the truth and finds the Lord by doing so, than that's good enough for me.

Quote,
Yes, and Jesus did not lie. He was "I AM". He was speaking of the eternal spirit that resides within us all. The spirit that is love. Just as Christ was I AM, I AM.

Look within, past all the things you have been taught you are in this existence, past the ego. There you will see that you too are I AM.

We are all Children of God.

Yes we are all children of God, we are all capable of doing good, but we are also capable of doing evil.
Does the murderer have the Holy Spirit of God in him? Does the pedophile have the Holy Spirit of God in him?
Does the rapist, and on and on.

There is only one I am the Alpha and the Omega and He is also One in the Three, we are just the creation and children of God. Our bodies are suppose to be the holy temple of God if we allow it to manifest, we are His vessels, but He does not impose Himself on us, though He chooses us, we still have to respond to His call, he gave us that freedom to choose, now the choice is yours, mine, and everyone else who wants to hear and listen.

Originally posted by chr0naut
Most of Roman Catholic teachings were based upon manuscripts that were later than the earliest gospels and letters we now have. These earlier manuscripts attest to his deity.

Perhaps you could look at the verses and arguments in this link: www.gotquestions.org... or just Google it.

Quote,
Where the Catholic Church deceived you is that it teaches that Christ is the ONLY Son of God. He never said that. Man is the ONLY begotten Son of God. Hence Christ was the Son of God, Son of Man interchangeably.

The God The church made Christ out to be is akin to Apollo. This was not Christs teachings. Christ taught we were all equal. He did not raise himself over any man, but humbled himself before all men. This was to teach us how to treat each other as God's Children.Originally posted by chr0naut
The definition of anti-christ is Christ denier. Christ said he was the way to the Father. If I tell you I am the way to walmart and you want to go to walmart, does that mean worship me and you will get there, or get up and follow me, follow my directions, and you will get there.

This is where you cross the line, Your a tiny bit right about the church messing things up to suit their own agenda. But the rest, about being deceived that Christ is the only Son of God!
John 3:18 (Amplified Bible)

18He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation--he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

1 John 4:9-10 (Amplified Bible)

9In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or [a]unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.

10In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

MikeyBiznaz, you are so right:

That is the beauty of the gift....there are no strings attached...none...zero...no worries...free...period...done ...sealed...done deal

Forgiveness is such a beautiful thing. One of God's greatest gift. But as you said being human, it's also one of the hardest things to accept. I know ultimately forgiveness is ours, but that being said I can't help but to keep watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
reply to post by IAMIAM

Quote,
He blinds his followers with the power of evil by making everything evil to them - Don't smoke marijuana

I absolutely believe it is biblically ok. In the book of Genesis God tells man that he has put the herbs here for him to use. Besides Genesis, it only makes sense to me that if there are naturally growing, created by God plants available which have properties beneficial to ones body, to use them. Even Coca leaves have beneficial properties. What I am against is the process of synthesising the active beneficial chemicals in the plants, selling the synthesised chemicals in pills which do not have the natural balance of the plant, and then outlawing the plant so the poor cannot make use of it in natural form.

Quote,
Satan is the adversary of God. It is that part of us that judges good from evil. There is no evil.

I make the statement because I see God in everyone. To say that there are evil people, would be to say that God is evil. My God is not evil. Man does actions that appear to be evil or that we would judge as being evil. If you do not judge the action, but take time to love the person who does evil actions, you will find that the evil act is there only way of expressing the pain that is inside them. There are many reasons why people do harm to each other, mental defects, severe abuse they have suffered, neglect, chemical imbalances. We need to stop judging each other and work on healing and loving each other.

Another overlooked cause of the evil we see in this world is the system we have created. The world economy is based on a pyramid structure whereby all must compete for survival. If you create a dog eat dog system, you cannot blame people for acting like junkyard dogs. We need to tear down this old system and build one based on equity for all if we expect people to have love for all. Only by cooperative living will Man find peace.

Quote,
The Anti-Christ lies in our own judgements of each other.

I agree with you here, but along this thread the point that was trying to be made is that one day in the not so distant future, there will be a man that will be a leader that will be the counterfeit Christ, and he will even want the masses to worship him. Yes, Christ said, "there will be many who come in My name" and there has been.
I believe as you do that the biggest and most powerful church being in Rome is anti-Christ. The reformation tried to correct that but failed in the bigger scheme of things.

There may be a single world leader who fits the "Anti-Christ". However, the only way for one to rise to such a level is for people to continue to put their hopes in "Leaders". No leader rises to power without the backing of the people. The days of pointing the finger and passing the blame are over. Man cannot keep pointing at their leaders. They must take the responsibility on their shoulders and accept the blame, be their own leaders, and do what they know in their heart is for the good of their fellow man. A leader will not do this for you. A leader becomes a leader by catering to your personal needs.

Quote,
This is a paradise we live in. We have an infinite number of expressions of God within the human race.

If this is a paradise, than why did Jesus say to the thief on the cross, Luke 23:43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

I believe he was making a statement that all are equal and will be forgiven, regardless of belief. I also believe that Christ subscribed to re-incarnation. Wasn't John of the same spirit as Elijah?

Quote,
If we love all, the systems which enslave us will crumble.

Yes this is true if only it were possible, that is why Jesus came, we will never be perfect, but we do have salvation, and everyday of our life we must pray to God and ask for forgiveness in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We do not fight against flesh and blood but against principalities and darkness of this world. And until those principalities and darkness are removed from this world, we will never achieve that fullness of love. There will always be those that succumb to the weakness of the flesh, and conduct themselves horribly and hurting others.
That is why there is a reference called, "In the time of the end." The devil has to be locked away so he cannot deceive the world no more.
It doesn't mean though in the mean time that we do not strive for perfection through the Lord.

My friend, what is the weakness of the flesh? Is it weakness of the flesh to steal to feed your belly because no one will give willingly to sustain you? Is it weakness of the flesh to prostitute your body when you haven't been taught anything else? Is it weakness of the flesh to turn to heroin because it is the only thing that provides an escape from the horrors you have seen in this life? I do not judge these things as weaknesses. I believe we are all battling our own inner demons and are all doing the best we can to hold them at bay. Some are dealing with bigger demons, tragedies they have experienced in life. We can do much better helping each other overcome than we can judging each other and leaving each to struggle on their own.

As far as asking forgiveness, pray to the god you cannot see and ask it. I am sure when you die you will receive it. But, if you want to feel the glory of forgiveness in life, go to the one you have harmed and ask them sincerely to be forgiven. Then you will understand how close God is to you at all times. Ask them to share the pain you have caused. Learn from it. Then you will not do what you did again.

On perfection, I believe we are all perfect. I do not believe God makes mistakes, therefore we are all created perfectly. I do not believe we act perfectly, but this is because we do not believe we are perfect. We have been told we are flawed, we have witnessed a flawed life, and therefore we continue to act out in flawed ways. Believe you ARE perfect, then ACT perfectly. All it takes is to love everyone. I am not asking anything that Christ would not command.

Quote,
I do not judge the anti-christ either. The anti-christ exists because Man wants him to exist. Man can banish him from his heart anytime he wants to. I am not judging, I am simply telling what it is.

Here your making it sound to simple in my opinion. Your not stressing the significance of the Lord Jesus Christ in with how man can deal with his sinful nature. Christ is the key, without Him it is not possible, so by not stressing this main point, you only frustrate the individual. How can they even begin to understand how they can achieve what you are saying if you do not always include Jesus Christ as the way, the truth, and the light. That through Him all things are possible, and no one goes to the Father without first accepting into their heart His Son Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Jesus Christ is just a word my friend. The importance of the teacher is not the name, but the lesson. I emphasise for people to do what Christ said, not focus on the name. Doing what Christ said to do in his spirit is the way, not the name. The name is irrelevant. How does one get into heaven? Love God with all your being, and your neighbor as yourself. Never did Christ say to turn his name into an idol.

Another's Quote,
You've said on numerous posts that this and that will crumble or "be tossed into the pit"... How do you think this will happen? People love their TV's and cars, their bluerays and PS3 etc etc...

Double Quote,
I do not know the how my friend. I do know it will happen and soon. I do not know the how though

Here you are leaving a question unanswered, that to me can be answered.

When we are spiritually awakened, is when we begin to understand the trivialities of this life in material wealth.
We then begin to learn not to depend on it, not to make it our number one concern, not to let it overtake us, that there is way more to life than the material world. God, Health, and family become number one. This, you do know, and if after your spiritual awakening you haven't realized this, than you really haven't awaken have you.

I answered truthfully my friend. I do not know how each individual will awaken. I do know it WILL happen, because I have asked the father to wake up the world and I believe he will give me what I ask for. Especially when what I ask for is for the benefit of everyone else, and not myself. I am tired of seeing my family suffer. So, I do not know the how, I only know the WILL.

Do you really think some event will happen where people will just have no need for these things anymore....no interest in getting the biggest and the best of what they want?

Quote,
Yes. I am hoping that these discussions are the beginning of a bigger event in the making.

Maybe the challenge between you and I will make that event happen. All I want, and pray for is to have the wisdom from God to help anyone that wants to hear, and if only a hundred read but only one hears and goes and starts searching for the truth and finds the Lord by doing so, than that's good enough for me.

I enjoyed the challenge between you and I. I don't think we have harmed one another and indeed it did get people listening to our points. Despite the appearance of conflict, I know we are fighting on the same side. I do not think you would deny me aid if I was in need of it, nor do I think you would see me harmed in defence of your views. What we also showed was that you do not have to argue another into submission. It is perfectly OK to agree to disagree. God is within you. Who am I to argue with what your heart tells you is correct?

Quote,
Yes, and Jesus did not lie. He was "I AM". He was speaking of the eternal spirit that resides within us all. The spirit that is love. Just as Christ was I AM, I AM.

Look within, past all the things you have been taught you are in this existence, past the ego. There you will see that you too are I AM.

We are all Children of God.

Yes we are all children of God, we are all capable of doing good, but we are also capable of doing evil.
Does the murderer have the Holy Spirit of God in him? Does the pedophile have the Holy Spirit of God in him?
Does the rapist, and on and on.

Yes they do have the Holy spirit within them. The actions they have done are learned behaviors. You do not know what they have seen that has lead them down the path that they have travelled. They are redeemable, but not by judging them. We must love them enough to want to forgive them and help them. We must see them as worthy of our care.

If a pedophile came to you and told you he was having the desire to have sex with a child, would you shame him for having the thoughts, or would you help him to overcome them? As a society, we shame them. Thus, they battle their demons on their own and never get help. In time, they loose the battle and harm another.

There is only one I am the Alpha and the Omega and He is also One in the Three, we are just the creation and children of God. Our bodies are suppose to be the holy temple of God if we allow it to manifest, we are His vessels, but He does not impose Himself on us, though He chooses us, we still have to respond to His call, he gave us that freedom to choose, now the choice is yours, mine, and everyone else who wants to hear and listen.

If you live, you have God within you. God is Life. Where do your thoughts come from, where do they originate before you filter them into action or inaction?

Originally posted by chr0naut
Most of Roman Catholic teachings were based upon manuscripts that were later than the earliest gospels and letters we now have. These earlier manuscripts attest to his deity.

Perhaps you could look at the verses and arguments in this link: www.gotquestions.org... or just Google it.

I will take a peek.

Quote,
Where the Catholic Church deceived you is that it teaches that Christ is the ONLY Son of God. He never said that. Man is the ONLY begotten Son of God. Hence Christ was the Son of God, Son of Man interchangeably.

The God The church made Christ out to be is akin to Apollo. This was not Christs teachings. Christ taught we were all equal. He did not raise himself over any man, but humbled himself before all men. This was to teach us how to treat each other as God's Children.Originally posted by chr0naut
The definition of anti-christ is Christ denier. Christ said he was the way to the Father. If I tell you I am the way to walmart and you want to go to walmart, does that mean worship me and you will get there, or get up and follow me, follow my directions, and you will get there.

This is where you cross the line, Your a tiny bit right about the church messing things up to suit their own agenda. But the rest, about being deceived that Christ is the only Son of God!
John 3:18 (Amplified Bible)

I have crossed no line my friend. There is no line to cross. You have a right by free will to interpret things the way you like. I equally have the right to do the same. Crossing the line is imposing one's will on another. I have never done that. Man was the only Son of God. Man was created in his image. Christ was declaring that he understood that. He never said he was the ONLY Son of God.

Originally posted by hawaii50th18He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation--he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

1 John 4:9-10 (Amplified Bible)

9In this the love of God was made manifest (displayed) where we are concerned: in that God sent His Son, the only begotten or [a]unique [Son], into the world so that we might live through Him.

10In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins.

What made Christ unique?

He declared he was the Son of God.
He declared that he was one with God.
He taught everyone to love each other as equals.
He called all his brothers and sisters.

This is what was different than what the Pharisees and Saduccees were teaching. This is what was different than what Rome was teaching. This is why he was killed. If all are equal and should love each as equal, power structures are threatened. Christ was a revolutionary. Christ stood in opposition to the powers of the time. Christ is my King, his teachings are what govern my actions.

I have said often that I do not care if it was discovered that Satan himself actually wrote the bible, I would still follow Christ's teachings. I would be a Satanist. Truth is truth no matter what label you put on it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar
Brother Iam, I just want to thank you for your loving heart. And your willingness to share in forum as its a modern form of sharing God's love. Bless you dear brother.

I feel God moving through my life. I have had some epiphany in the past, but the one that has been forming over the last few months is astounding. I am feeling an awakening, thats bigger than just me. With all the news thats swirling around and just tonight seems to be accelerating, Concepts and relationship patterns of them are coming together.

I am really, though thankfully not physically, feeling the worlds birth pangs. I think we are closer than we think. Like a thief in the night, keep watch, don't be caught sleeping.

just my 2 sense,

your sister in Christ.

Thank you for your kind words Sister. My you continue to be blessed as we make it through this transition. The Kingdom of God is within you, trust in that and share it with all.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

reply to post by IAMIAM

Quote,

I absolutely believe it is biblically ok. In the book of Genesis God tells man that he has put the herbs here for him to use. Besides Genesis, it only makes sense to me that if there are naturally growing, created by God plants available which have properties beneficial to ones body, to use them. Even Coca leaves have beneficial properties. What I am against is the process of synthesising the active beneficial chemicals in the plants, selling the synthesised chemicals in pills which do not have the natural balance of the plant, and then outlawing the plant so the poor cannot make use of it in natural form.

Show me the scripture, show me the proof to back up your statement.

And in what form would you use these natural drugs? Smoke it? and snort it?

Quote,

I make the statement because I see God in everyone. To say that there are evil people, would be to say that God is evil. My God is not evil. Man does actions that appear to be evil or that we would judge as being evil. If you do not judge the action, but take time to love the person who does evil actions, you will find that the evil act is there only way of expressing the pain that is inside them. There are many reasons why people do harm to each other, mental defects, severe abuse they have suffered, neglect, chemical imbalances. We need to stop judging each other and work on healing and loving each other.

Another overlooked cause of the evil we see in this world is the system we have created. The world economy is based on a pyramid structure whereby all must compete for survival. If you create a dog eat dog system, you cannot blame people for acting like junkyard dogs. We need to tear down this old system and build one based on equity for all if we expect people to have love for all. Only by cooperative living will Man find peace.

Than explain Cain and Able, the first evil act of murder on account of jealousy. An evil action is an evil action, and your watering down scripture and leading astray those that do not know the way. We are to hate evil,God has declared. God has declared.
Your statement "To say that there are evil people, would be to say that God is evil," your making an excuse for people to not be responsible for their own actions, this is a distortion to what God teaches. Again show in scripture where this is pronounced.

I don't really think you believe everything that is written in the bible. You have some good ideas, and your like a weaving car going down the highway, sometimes on track but most of the time off.

You are saying really that evil don't exist, that is the most foolish idea anyone could have. Your saying that the devil don't exist, the devil in his demented mind just adores a human that believes that.

You ever consider a person could be possessed by a demon and that is the reason for so much violence by individuals or even groups for that matter? Obviously not.

I'd like to see you back up your statements with biblical truths.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

You know, there is totally no sense in me trying to have this conversation with what I perceive here to be a total fool, probably a smoked up fool that is leading people astray with your totally distorted views of what is God.

You are not a man of God like you want to believe you are, people that think your so wise are the typical ones that would rather worship the creature rather than the Creator.

You are a distorter of truths. And I don't care who disagrees with me, I will not please man with a watered down gospel. I will not try to please people by preaching a weak God like you are doing.

I feel sorry for the ones that follow you, you are the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I tell you, don't even bother to reply, no words that you say can mean anything to me, your words are useless and in vain to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiianyydayiii
Thanks for your reply and thread IAMIAM.
Ok, it looks like a simple misunderstanding between you and the other poster. You seem to agree that Christ tells us how to pray but He doesn't tell us exactly what to pray. We are to pray personally with God as He were someone we knew well, respected, and were comfortable with -like the parent He is. He's happy to give us what we need if we'd just ask with the proper frame of mind and heart.

That's exactly right my friend. I don't know exactly what was disagreed with in my post. It was just stated that they disagree, so I left it at that. Maybe it was a misunderstanding or perhaps a different understanding all together. Either way, you got my meaning.

With Love,

Your Brother

Christ gave us the Our Father to pray as the main prayer, than He said to also pray in private, and not like the pagans do with useless words. So when we pray the Our Father, than we are to pray as we would have a conversation with the Lord. Jesus tells us that God knows our hearts and what we need before we even pray.

Luke 11:1-13 (New American Standard Bible)

Instruction about Prayer
1It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples."

2And He said to them, "(A)When you pray, say:
'[a]Father, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
3'Give us (B)each day our daily bread.
4'And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who (C)is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.'"

5Then He said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves;

6for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him';

7and from inside he answers and says, 'Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.'

8"I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet (D)because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

9"So I say to you, (E)ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

10"For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

11"Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?

12"Or if he is asked for an egg, he will not give him a scorpion, will he?

13"(F)If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Here above, Jesus is explaining through prayer in faith how God is faithful to us. If you trust your friend, or you dad and or mother in this life, imagine how much more God will do for you just through prayer alone if you have the faith.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's sad and ironic how quick so many are to believe in the rise of a singular anti-Christ figure, yet those same people will often been seen actively engaged denying the divine spiritual nature and sent calling of the person of Jesus of Nazareth. They'll run around pointing and shouting anti-Christ, anti-Christ, and then turn around and argue vehemently against even the voracity of the existence of the historical Jesus. It's hard to fathom the amount of ignorance that prevails around these issues.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

My friend,

In our conversation I have endeavored to teach the lessons of Christ in a tongue that all could understand. While I do this, you stand on the sidelines shouting "Look at the teacher! Look at the teacher!".

Well if we are in a classroom of two, and I am focusing on the lesson, and you are saying to look at the teacher, Who MUST I be?

I do not wish to be the only teacher in the class room. I prefer to learn from others, their point of view. Very few are ever willing to put theirs out there though. I will try again to get you focused on the lesson, and I invite you to be a teacher rather than continue to point at the teacher. I will show you how I have reached my understanding through the lessons of Christ. If you feel I have made an error, than teach your point of view and offer a counter.

I am not trying to convert anyone. Those who are able will see the truth in my words. Those who do not will not. The truth comes from within them, and I am confident enough in that, that I do not need to convert or rail against another's point of view.

Let's start with the Sermon on the Mount

Here Christ begins his ministry telling people what he will do for them if they follow him.

Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount 1 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them. The Beatitudes He said: 3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

His disciples came to him and he began to teach them. This means this is what they must do to be his disciples.

1. Regard the poor in spirit as blessed, theirs is the kingdom of heaven. What does this mean? The poor in spirit are a sign of what we have made of this kingdom of heaven. Bless the poor in spirit, they are telling us we are doing something wrong!!!
2. Regard those who mourn as blessed and comfort them. Self explanatory, comfort everyone who mourns!!
3. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. BE meek. By being meek you teach others to be meek. If meekness spread, we would end war and aggression. The meek WILL inherit the earth after the warmongers kill each other off.
4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Seek to be righteous in everything you do. If you are not thirsty for it, you will think you already are, and will not be.
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Yes, show mercy to everyone. Mercy does not judge. Mercy is love and compassion. Mercy is not condemnation. Mercy is forgiveness.
6 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Be pure in your heart, do not judge, and you will see God EVERYWHERE. I promise you if you cast judgement from your heart you WILL see God in absolutely everything.
7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. Be a peacemaker! That is what you do if you follow Christ, you make peace! That is what we are supposed to do as Children of God. Make peace with each other.

See, I have been teaching the Masters lesson, just using my own words. Can't you hear his voice Brother?

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Salt and Light 13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

8. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. How can you persecute anyone and call it righteousness? Blessed are they who suffer because of anothers idea of righteousness. Their suffering is a reflection of the Heaven we have built here!

9. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. You know you are doing right when people persecute you for saying Christs words. Indeed.

10. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. That's were my reward lies, in heaven. This existence. Each person who here's Christ's message in a way that they understand it is one more living the way Christ intended. That IS the reward in Heaven. I do not need any more reward than this.

11. “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You can call yourself a follower of Christ, but if you do not do as he did, what good are you to his mission? If you no longer can do what he commanded, aren't you useless salt?

Can you not see in all I have been saying, I have been saying just as Christ would? Can you not hear the voice in my words?

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Christs followers are supposed to be a light in the world. Does a light make a sound? NO. A light can be seen. By acting as Christ acted, saying what he said, you are the LIGHT of Christ! Love all like Christ loved and you will not have to scream his lesson, people WILL see it!!! You are supposed to be glorifying the Father who dwells within you. You are supposed to be doing GOOD deeds that others may see his glory!

Do you hear his voice?

The Fulfillment of the Law 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Christ came to fulfill the Prophets. SO SHOULD YOU. Until you have done as Christ has, by following his commandments, you will never see past what the Prophets taught. Heaven and earth as you see them will be stuck in your mind. Do as Christ did, and all that will pass away and you will see Heaven as God intended.

Do you KNOW who I AM?

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Do you teach and practice the commands, or do you marvel at the teacher?

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

How great is YOUR righteousness? Can you see all as perfect like Christ did? Or are you stuck and the judgemental stage like the Pharisees and teachers of Law?

Can you hear his voice yet?

Murder 21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Is this not what I said? Did I not say to love the murderer, and you called me fool?

Do you not hear his voice?

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

Love one another. Do not judge.

25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Love your adversary, make amends with him. If we cannot do this, we get the legal system we have now. It is not just and it is all because we do not make amends with each other.

Adultery 27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Don't judge because you have done sin yourself even if only in your mind. It is an inescapable part of Man.

29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

What ever stands in your way of doing these commands, get rid of it. You must get over your bias and judgements that prevent you from doing his work.

Divorce 31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[f] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Do not judge, you have done these things already, so you cannot judge.

Oaths 33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ 34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37 All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.[g]

Do not make promises. You never know if you can fulfill them or not. So, do not promise because you may be made a liar. This goes for contracts, oaths, obligations, and anything else that has the affact of a promise to do something. Just say yes you will, or no you won't.

Eye for Eye 38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love everyone. Give to all.

Love for Enemies 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Love everyone equally as God loves them. Do not judge them, because God does not. Treat all equally before God with love.

BE PERFECT.

Ok there you have it my friend. This is the doctrine I have been teaching. This is the doctrine you have been railing against. This is the doctrine you have claimed came from a fool.

Now, put yourself on the mount if you are able to love everyone as Christ did. If you are willing to walk in his sandals and be his follower do so. If you have rid your heart of judgement and are willing to see all mankind as Children of God, ascend the mount. Use Christs words as I have, and tell me where I have misinterpreted.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 15-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I have not once called you teacher, if that's what you think you are, than why didn't you always include scripture in what you say to back it up. A teacher would do that you know. And, include for others where the Beatitudes are so they can go and read for themselves rather than just quote without reference to which book, what chapter.

I am totally focused, it is you that need to focus on a better method on how to present the gospel of the Lord.
I don't have a problem with sharing, you would think that you would have picked up on that by now.
Error, that's what I have been trying to point out all this time to you, your error.
Everyone has the freedom to choose whether they want to convert to becoming a Christian, all I'm doing is sharing God's Word, His message to all of mankind. And I do not want to mislead anyone, that is why I like to include scripture, this way they look for themselves. And for those that reject the bible, that's their problem not mine.

And finally you use scripture. You still haven't pointed out where in Genesis it says that marijuana and cocoa leaves can be used as medicine.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

And finally you use scripture. You still haven't pointed out where in Genesis it says that marijuana and cocoa leaves can be used as medicine.

Do you really need the Bible to tell you this? Is not your own sense enough? Doesn't every man have a right God given them to decide what is good for their body?

Never-the-less, here ya go...

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Seems to me that you are using religion and your love of god to bolster your over inflated ego!
Not with love or any related feelings...
And no, we're not related so its not very likely we're brothers... Unless you know something I don't!?
Seriously though, enough with the god bothering. If he does exist I sincerly doubt he needs you as his earth bound spokesman here on ATS...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
Seems to me that you are using religion and your love of god to bolster your over inflated ego!
Not with love or any related feelings...

Really my friend? To bolster my over inflated ego? Have I asked you to accept what I have said? Have I asked you to send me money? Have I asked you to exalt me? Have I taken credit for what I teach? Have I given you my name so that you can tell others how wise I AM? Have I done anything here for myself?

Where is the ego in teaching others to not judge one another and to love one another?

And no, we're not related so its not very likely we're brothers... Unless you know something I don't!?

Are we not all descendants of Man? Doesn't science prove this bit of scripture, that we all descend from a common ancestor?

Seriously though, enough with the god bothering. If he does exist I sincerly doubt he needs you as his earth bound spokesman here on ATS...

How can you claim to know the will of something you are not even sure exists?

I know God exists and I know he needs me to be his spokeman here on ATS.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do you really need the Bible to tell you this? Is not your own sense enough? Doesn't every man have a right God given them to decide what is good for their body?

Yes, it is after all the Word of God unless you don't really believe that yourself.
2 Timothy 3:15-17 (New American Standard Bible) 15and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Never-the-less, here ya go...

12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Did it say so you can smoke marijuana and get high, does it say so you can use the cocoa leaves to get high?

, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

With Love,

Your Brother

This is what I mean, you distort and make excuses for what is truth.
edit on 15-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Did it say so you can smoke marijuana and get high, does it say so you can use the cocoa leaves to get high?

Who are you to judge?

God saying it is Good and even Very Good is not enough for you?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This is what I mean, you distort and make excuses for what is truth.

More judgements, more condemnation, are you SURE you are willing to follow Christs teachings?

How about explain where in my interpretation of the "Sermon on the Mount" I had erred in what Christ was saying.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Marijuana is a peaceful plant...

Don't bring it into a discussion like this...

Sorry i had to say something

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join