It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Anti-Christ

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by IAMIAM

What you said reminds me of the old Mr. Clean commercials where the scrubbing bubbles disappear down the abyss-like drain leaving the dishes clean and white, eternally ready to scrub the next batch of dirty dishes

Peace

Well done! Absolutely.

All these things I say my friend, are all within you. Trust no man, not even me. Open your heart and read the words of Christ with a loving eye, and you will be amazed at the depth of wisdom and understanding that comes through you.

Beware any man who exalts himself over you or any one. Be humble in life and all it's mysteries will be revealed to you.

You are a Child of God, remember that ALL are children of God. Treat everyone as such, always.

With Love,

Your Brother

I thought I've seen it all, but this one is a real new twist. Your like the wind, very erratic. And as for the goats, they are the false Christians, and cult worshipers.
edit on 9-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

Erratic is probably an understatement. Although the wind is a great analogy
As for the goats have you seen my family tree

Oh poor you, it must be hard living in those conditions. I sympathize

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

What you said reminds me of the old Mr. Clean commercials where the scrubbing bubbles disappear down the abyss-like drain leaving the dishes clean and white, eternally ready to scrub the next batch of dirty dishes

Peace

Well done! Absolutely.

All these things I say my friend, are all within you. Trust no man, not even me. Open your heart and read the words of Christ with a loving eye, and you will be amazed at the depth of wisdom and understanding that comes through you.

Beware any man who exalts himself over you or any one. Be humble in life and all it's mysteries will be revealed to you.

You are a Child of God, remember that ALL are children of God. Treat everyone as such, always.

With Love,

Your Brother

I thought I've seen it all, but this one is a real new twist. Your like the wind, very erratic. And as for the goats, they are the false Christians, and cult worshipers.

The desert can be very unforgiving

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

That's my point, you can not argue with a double edge sword. It represents The Word of God it cuts in both directions, His Word is complete without error.

actually it cuts straight and narrow in only one direction... there is only one way.

notice how universally round the light saber is... and that there is really only a single color, the color of "light" which is compromised of all the colors in our visible spectrum.

it is each individual color that is pure yes... but it is the binding and combining of each of these pure colors which make the only visible "truth"

the darkness (black) saber actually does not exist though it wants to... unfortunately it can not understand the truth of the light.

I am not surprised because when I first read the words Darkness in the Book of Wisdom, the fist thing that came to my mind personally was (ignorance) for lack of a better word, not directed at anyone either.. just giving my interpretation.... (darkness = opposite of understanding) a very literal translation.

in my Republic is a saying, if someone does not realize something, it is said... "they are in the dark"

edit on 2/9/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Uh, double edged meaning it can cut in both directions. Anyway, yes your right about the darkness, it can be ignorance and I guess even for devil worshipers too, they can be fooled into believing that they have the truth and that dark is light and light is dark.

You have fetish for swords I take it? Or just a hobby?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Peace

Well done! Absolutely.

With Love,

Your Brother

The desert can be very unforgiving

The desert may be unforgiving, but I'm a very forgiving person.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That's my point, you can not argue with a double edge sword. It represents The Word of God it cuts in both directions, His Word is complete without error.

however after re-reading I do agree, I was trying to add that 'all directions' are straight when cutting with truth...

just another way of looking at it, but I understand your meaning

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

actually old English fills my mind... I am interested in 'words' or etymology if you will.

though I just run a plow in the other universe...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

I was reading some of your thread "Jesus understood Eastern Philosophy" and were you aware or familiar that in
the old testament in Isaiah chapter 9 verse 6 that Jesus was foretold? In fact the account in Genesis 3:14 to15 the promise had already been made that Christ would come into the world.
What I'm trying to say is, for all we know this Asian philosophy or for that matter almost any philosophy could have gotten it's origin from the word of God. You know the story of Babel, mankind was advancing at a much too quick pace, so God confused them by changing their language so they could no longer understand each other. And they all went their separate ways taking what culture they had at the time with them in all directions.
Have you ever played the game where your in a circle, and your among seven to ten or even more and one person says something to the next and it goes around the whole circle and when it gets back to the one that started, what was said is totally changed?
There are accounts of a great flood or deluge in every culture on the planet, so there is a connection with a starting point, and when you really study the ancients it always points back to one true God that started it all, I think there's no denying that. Even Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology there is some truth to that too, only difference is they were lower gods, that came from a different source and not a good source either.
I should stop at this point, I think I'm going too deep, the latter part is for another discussion. It is all connected though.

Genesis 3:14-15 (Amplified Bible)

14And the Lord God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all [domestic] animals and above every [wild] living thing of the field; upon your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust [and what it contains] all the days of your life.

15And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her [a]Offspring; He will bruise and tread your head underfoot, and you will lie in wait and bruise His heel.(A)

Genesis 3:15 Christ fulfills through his victory over Satan the wonderful promise here spoken. See also Isa. 9:6; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:31; Rom. 16:20; Gal. 4:4; Rev. 12:17.

Isaiah 9:6 (Amplified Bible)

6For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace.(A

John 1:1 (Amplified Bible)

John 1
1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.(A)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

actually old English fills my mind... I am interested in 'words' or etymology if you will.

though I just run a plow in the other universe...

Peace and love to you Bro or Sis

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

This is where I'm coming from.

Ephesians 6:11-20 (Amplified Bible)

11Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.

12For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

13Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].

14Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God,

15And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the [a]firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.(A)

16Lift up over all the [covering] shield of [c]saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].

17And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit [d]wields, which is the Word of God.

18Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people).

19And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel),

20For which I am an ambassador in a coupling chain [in prison. Pray] that I may declare it boldly and courageously, as I ought to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

One of the tricks of the devil is to confuse you and keep you from understanding scripture, and cause you to misquote. Also to make you go all over the place, like a wind that blows in all directions.

2 Peter 2:1-3 (Amplified Bible)

1BUT ALSO [in those days] there arose false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among yourselves, who will subtly and stealthily introduce heretical doctrines (destructive heresies), even denying and disowning the Master Who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2And many will follow their immoral ways and lascivious doings; because of them the true Way will be maligned and defamed.

3And in their covetousness (lust, greed) they will exploit you with false (cunning) arguments. From of old the sentence [of condemnation] for them has not been idle; their destruction (eternal misery) has not been asleep.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Abovo

I was reading some of your thread "Jesus understood Eastern Philosophy" and were you aware or familiar that in
the old testament in Isaiah chapter 9 verse 6 that Jesus was foretold? In fact the account in Genesis 3:14 to15 the promise had already been made that Christ would come into the world.
What I'm trying to say is, for all we know this Asian philosophy or for that matter almost any philosophy could have gotten it's origin from the word of God. You know the story of Babel, mankind was advancing at a much too quick pace, so God confused them by changing their language so they could no longer understand each other. And they all went their separate ways taking what culture they had at the time with them in all directions.
Have you ever played the game where your in a circle, and your among seven to ten or even more and one person says something to the next and it goes around the whole circle and when it gets back to the one that started, what was said is totally changed?
There are accounts of a great flood or deluge in every culture on the planet, so there is a connection with a starting point, and when you really study the ancients it always points back to one true God that started it all, I think there's no denying that. Even Egyptian, Greek, and Roman mythology there is some truth to that too, only difference is they were lower gods, that came from a different source and not a good source either.
I should stop at this point, I think I'm going too deep, the latter part is for another discussion. It is all connected though.

14And the Lord God said to the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all [domestic] animals and above every [wild] living thing of the field; upon your belly you shall go, and you shall eat dust [and what it contains] all the days of your life.

15And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her [a]Offspring; He will bruise and tread your head underfoot, and you will lie in wait and bruise His heel.(A)

Genesis 3:15 Christ fulfills through his victory over Satan the wonderful promise here spoken. See also Isa. 9:6; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:31; Rom. 16:20; Gal. 4:4; Rev. 12:17.

6For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace.(A

John 1
1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.(A)

Jesus understood Asian Philosophy due to the fact he went there and told this civilization that the number 8 is the number of man. It is our DNA in genes! The number 8 was then mulitiplyed by three (Mind, Heart & Soul which is our inner spirit) to represent the number of the serpent or Dragon which is 888. This is why the Chinese culture worship this as the number of man in numbers which has brought us to where we are now through the knowledge of the serpent!

ManGod is the physical God of the world. This belief is different from other creatures on Earth making us King of the domain like the Sphinx in Egypt with the Lion with a mans head.

We have achieved this by believing and knowing our spiritual self of Mind, Heart and Soul of Spirit which is the positive aspect of all humans no matter what the religion! A religion is a positive aspect of life and death!

The Jews use the number 6 for the age of man and the number 9 for women. 9 mirrors 6.

This is just our beginning in our spiritual journey. The reason for life is to understand we all operate as one in the eternal spirit of life and death!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archangelelijah

reply to post by Abovo

John 1

Jesus understood Asian Philosophy due to the fact he went there and told this civilization that the number 8 is the number of man. It is our DNA in genes! The number 8 was then mulitiplyed by three (Mind, Heart & Soul which is our inner spirit) to represent the number of the serpent or Dragon which is 888. This is why the Chinese culture worship this as the number of man in numbers which has brought us to where we are now through the knowledge of the serpent!

ManGod is the physical God of the world. This belief is different from other creatures on Earth making us King of the domain like the Sphinx in Egypt with the Lion with a mans head.

We have achieved this by believing and knowing our spiritual self of Mind, Heart and Soul of Spirit which is the positive aspect of all humans no matter what the religion! A religion is a positive aspect of life and death!

The Jews use the number 6 for the age of man and the number 9 for women. 9 mirrors 6.

This is just our beginning in our spiritual journey. The reason for life is to understand we all operate as one in the eternal spirit of life and death!

Remember this statement that I made: Have you ever played the game where your in a circle, and your among seven to ten or even more and one person says something to the next and it goes around the whole circle and when it gets back to the one that started, what was said is totally changed?
Well as the cultures went on they already was practicing paganism. That is why God confused their language, they had very little if any of what God had taught them.
First off, 6 is the number of man not 8, and 666 is the number of the beast ie Satan the dragon. The number 6 is an imperfect number.
You ever think to ask yourself, where does all these ideas that you have come from? I think it's time that you do an assessment of what you believe and where do these beliefs really come from. I hope you haven't been messing with the new age occult beliefs for too long. Hopefully it hasn't got a real good grip on you and your soul. Your messing with some very bad and dangerous stuff here and you don't have a clue what kind of spiritual deception you have opened up yourself to.
The dragon represents the devil Satan, and he's got you confused into thinking that he's good and all inspiring, that you will learn great and wondrous things. That you will be able ascend to a higher state of being.
You are sadly mistaken and fooled by the father of lies, and he will devour you like a hungry lion devours his prey.
You are about to lose your soul, unless you learn the truth which is in Jesus Christ, He is your only hope that can save you from the devil and his demons. Turn away from all false gods and repent of your sins before it is too late. There is still hope for you to be saved, I hope you choose life in Christ, instead of spiritual death and the loss of your soul. The choice is yours to make, Jesus is there waiting for you now.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Abovo

John 1

Remember this statement that I made: Have you ever played the game where your in a circle, and your among seven to ten or even more and one person says something to the next and it goes around the whole circle and when it gets back to the one that started, what was said is totally changed?
Well as the cultures went on they already was practicing paganism. That is why God confused their language, they had very little if any of what God had taught them.
First off, 6 is the number of man not 8, and 666 is the number of the beast ie Satan the dragon. The number 6 is an imperfect number.
You ever think to ask yourself, where does all these ideas that you have come from? I think it's time that you do an assessment of what you believe and where do these beliefs really come from. I hope you haven't been messing with the new age occult beliefs for too long. Hopefully it hasn't got a real good grip on you and your soul. Your messing with some very bad and dangerous stuff here and you don't have a clue what kind of spiritual deception you have opened up yourself to.
The dragon represents the devil Satan, and he's got you confused into thinking that he's good and all inspiring, that you will learn great and wondrous things. That you will be able ascend to a higher state of being.
You are sadly mistaken and fooled by the father of lies, and he will devour you like a hungry lion devours his prey.
You are about to lose your soul, unless you learn the truth which is in Jesus Christ, He is your only hope that can save you from the devil and his demons. Turn away from all false gods and repent of your sins before it is too late. There is still hope for you to be saved, I hope you choose life in Christ, instead of spiritual death and the loss of your soul. The choice is yours to make, Jesus is there waiting for you now.

You are mistaken! The serpent or devil is what we encounter in life. This is our learning from Adam and Eve who tasted the apple of knowledge which is the serpent of knowledge. This is what you and everyother human has in the way of learning.
This is a natural event for humans to understand the meaning of loving and appreaciating each other for wisdom.

We must encounter this domain for the wisdom of the afterlife! Like a child attending school.

Humans will always have free will in the afterlife. We must understand we all have the power of everlasting life!

666 is the number of the Devil in Jewish terms which is the age of Man. 999 is the number of women! The Asians have 888 as the dragon due to our DNA structure which is the figure of an 8. Mind, Heart & Soul multiplys it by 3. This is Mangod in action.

Our belief in the after life has no number. We are all the same no matter what religion or race!

God bless you all!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Money was formed on Law of the sea or International waters which each country could trade with eachother to support eachother.

Pirates would operate on the sea due to the fact no country could hold them responsible in their law for the actions taken on water.

Law of the Land is each and every countrys law given by the people.

Private familys which owned the BANKS of each country became rich for the benefit of each person who lived in the country of origin.

BANKS got their name from this transaction of trade. Certain countrys are richer than others due to the resources they hold to support the society of that country.

Yes, unfortunatley the rich get richer and the poor are left but the rich get richer off assisting the life of each and everyone of us in the form of education and lifestyle.

The poor have the ability to change the lifestyle they live if they are willing to work hard at attaining such a goal.

We as a species have achieved so much in the form of understanding.

The male and female relationship has got humans to where we are know in the birth of children. Every parent know this is their greatest gift of life and would support each sibling the best they can under the circumstances.

Homosexuality is wrong and not what humans have achieved by getting to the point we are now at! People can love each other emotionally with out physically touching eachother for physical pleasures. A father loves a son and a mother loves a daughter without physical or sexual contact!

The book of Revelation has begun!

God Bless all! Think and act positive which is what we always have done through all religions. Jesus died on this symbol for a reason!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

My friend,

You and I are not too far apart in our understanding. Where we have a divide is that I say ALL Mankind are family, you say only those saved by Christ. There is scripture to back up your belief. In the book of John it is mention that there are the Children of God, and the Children of the Deceiver. It sounds like there are two families here on earth and God will one day choose between them. This is not so.

1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.5Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 6This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. 10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 19And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

21Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Believe that Jesus came in the flesh? Absolutely Believe that he is the Son of God? Absolutely

So is everyone these things. Jesus did not want to be made an Idol. He is one with the father because we are ALL one with the father. To believe anything less is to be deceived. To be deceived is to believe the father is less than he is. Is he not Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omnibenevolent? He cannot be all these things and not reside within in all his children. To believe such is to be deceived. I have come to destroy these deceptions. You can see, the father gave you eyes to see, a mind to comprehend, and a HEART to feel his presence.

1The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. 3Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love. 4I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. 5And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. 6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. 7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. 9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. 12Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. 13The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Read these words carefully my friend. I am not your enemy. I am a friend doing God's work. I am a child of God who knows Christ came in the flesh, who knows Christ was the way by his living testimony and ultimate sacrifice, who knows God is EVERYTHING.

I will extend my hand in friendship always. I will never deceive you for you are my brother. I do not want anything but for the truth of God to prevail.

I am your servant.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 10-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Money was formed on Law of the sea or International waters which each country could trade with eachother to support eachother.

Pirates would operate on the sea due to the fact no country could hold them responsible in their law for the actions taken on water.

Law of the Land is each and every countrys law given by the people.

Private familys which owned the BANKS of each country became rich for the benefit of each person who lived in the country of origin.

BANKS got their name from this transaction of trade. Certain countrys are richer than others due to the resources they hold to support the society of that country.

Yes, unfortunatley the rich get richer and the poor are left but the rich get richer off assisting the life of each and everyone of us in the form of education and lifestyle.

The poor have the ability to change the lifestyle they live if they are willing to work hard at attaining such a goal.

We as a species have achieved so much in the form of understanding.

The male and female relationship has got humans to where we are know in the birth of children. Every parent know this is their greatest gift of life and would support each sibling the best they can under the circumstances.

Homosexuality is wrong and not what humans have achieved by getting to the point we are now at! People can love each other emotionally with out physically touching eachother for physical pleasures. A father loves a son and a mother loves a daughter without physical or sexual contact!

The book of Revelation has begun!

God Bless all! Think and act positive which is what we always have done through all religions. Jesus died on this symbol for a reason!

My friend, you cling to false ideology. You cling to the systems of iniquity put on this earth by deception. We are ALL children of God and have a sacred binding obligation to care for one another as equals. When one suffers we all suffer. The Book of Revelation has been opened, and I am coming to destroy these systems of iniquity. They will fall for they are an abomination to God. Cling to them if you must, it will only make parting with them that much harder when they fall.

Love your Brothers and Sisters. Do not enslave them. Love God, you cannot contain HIM.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You are mistaken! The serpent or devil is what we encounter in life. This is our learning from Adam and Eve who tasted the apple of knowledge which is the serpent of knowledge.

actually in the book of wisdom I have read there is no apple...

but there is a tree of knowledge of good and evil. (but only perfection is able to discern this)

a tree represents many paths, it branches out similar to a family tree.

there is no apple, only fruit of ones labors...

edit on 2/10/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
fruit: seed bearing plant, an enjoyment, delight, satisfaction; proceeds, produce, crops.

knowledge of good and evil is like a seed planted in the mind, it is sweet on the lips but turns sour in the stomach, it is like thorns and thistles for your mind... (makes one wonder why they gave that dude a crown of thorns ?)

the tree of knowledge of good and evil branches off in many directions and is generational, just like other better trees.

"a seed to plant so my tree can grow"

choose life...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
The Bible and the Bible alone are used to identify the Antichrist power. The little horn power of Daniel 7 with its twelve clear identifying features points to the only one who can qualify as Antichrist. amazingdiscoveries.tv... This is the best description of the identity of the anti-Christ I have come across yet ....peace

I fully agree that the concept of an antichrist is a biblical one, so any attempt to identify the antichrist is spurious unless it deals faithfully with the Bible. The concept has no meaning aside from the Bible.

I watched some of the videos by Prof. Veith that you linked. Thanks for posting that. I found it very interesting.

He identifies 1) the antichrist with the Roman Catholic pope. He also identifies 2) the "two witnesses" with the Old and New Testament and 3) the prophetic symbolism of a woman with a church.

I need to think more carefully before commenting fully on number 3. I had always identified a harlot (not necessarily woman) with iniquity in prophetic literature. The ephah (grain measure) with the heavy cover in which sits the woman is typically identified with the iniquity of the land which is covered and taken away from the land. The measure refers to the "measure of iniquity" of the land. His identification of a woman in prophetic literature with a Church seems to rely on the rest of his interpretation being correct. In other words, I don't think there is any reason to suppose a priori that this should be the correct interpretation for the symbolism of a woman.

As for 2, I do not see how this makes sense of Rev 11:12 which is in relation to the two witnesses:

"And they heard a Great Voice from Heaven saying unto them, 'Come up hither.' And they ascended up to Heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them."

When did the Old and New Testaments hear a Great Voice from Heaven and get called up?

(Note also that the "come up hither" is spoken to John in chapter 4, there not in relation to the two witnesses.)

Number 1 is very interesting and I did some research to see whether his identification with the Roman Catholic Pope stands up to scrutiny. I made some notes on important dates for the Roman bishopric/papacy:

311 - Emporer Galerius' deathbed edict of tolerance of Christianity
312 Constantine gave the Lateran Palace to the bishop of Rome
313 Edict of Milan allowing freedom of religion in Rome
361-363 Roman Neoplatonic religions reinstated as state religion for a short time without the prior persecutions of Christians
366 Pope Damasus 1 - associated with Jerome who translated Bible into Latin; it is significant that Jerome himself believed that the Roman empire was holding back the revealing of the antichrist - Damasus was Pope during the reign of Constantine 1 who would temporarily unite the Eastern and Western Roman empires and legitimise Christianity
380 Roman Christianity declared state religion of Rome (for some reason some sources say 391 not 380)
384 Pope Siricius - first to be styled Pope, introduced celibacy to the priesthood, wrote first decretals
390 Perhaps the first time the church challenged the moral authority of the Emporer
401 Pope Innocent 1 - extended authority of Roman see
410 Sack of Rome
432 Pope Sixtus - introduced worship of Mary - presided over a building boom in Rome - was a patron of Pelagius
400 Pope Leo - asserted the primacy of the Bishop of Rome in spiritual matters
445 Decree of Valentinian (Western Roman Emporer) which established the primacy of the Roman bishop
476 - King of Italy deposed Romulus Augustulus last western Roman Emporer and ended the Western Roman Empire
492 - Pope who at the cusp of middle ages wrote "Duo sunt" on Church-State relations which was to be highly influential
537 - Pope Vigilius - first pope of Byzantine Papacy
550 - Pope Boniface IV sets up temple to Mary in what had been a temple of Jupiter, Venus and Mars
615 - Pope Adeodatus I - first papal bulls sealed with insignia
640 - Pope in power struggle with Emporer
753 - Pope Stephen II - first pope of Frankish Papacy
800 - Pope Leo crowned Charlemagne as Emporer
1798 - First disestablishment (Papacy temporarily removed from power) by Napoleon's General Louis Alexandre Berthier, during French Revolution
1870 - Second disestablishment (Rome taken again and control of Papal states ended)

I'm sure there are many other dates of importance and these are just ones I could find. The problem is, when there are so many dates that could be used, there's plenty of opportunity to find a period of 1260 years.

Veith uses 1798 and 538. However, I don't see any important events in the Papacy in 538. Certainly in 537 Vigilius was the first Pope to be confirmed by the Roman Emporer, which amongst many events of importance may be considered as being symbolic of something.

But the Roman Catholic church didn't really get going with respect to its temporal power until 1100 - 1200 AD.

It was at the height of its power by about 1260 AD and certainly continued to be very corrupt until the reformation which began in 1517 with Luther's 95 Theses and indeed until the counter-reformation began with the Council of Trent in 1545. As far as I can tell, 1260 years before these dates predates any significant events in the Papacy and certainly predates the split of Rome into Eastern and Western empires, which is so important to Veith's interpretation.

I'm also puzzled by Veith's identification of the ten kingdoms that arose out of the ashes of the Western Roman Empire and the three kingdoms which were overthrown by the antichrist. It seems to me that 10 and 3 are usually symbolic numbers in prophecy, so I'm unsure it is necessary to identify precisely 10 and 3 specific nations. I am also betting that when I look into it (as I intend to) that he's picked 10 specific nations and ignored numerous others, and that there is little to no evidence that the Roman Catholic church overthrew the three he lists (I doubt they had the power at that early stage to overthrow anyone -- they had enough trouble just surviving). I would be interested if anyone has any information on that. I am not certain it is critical to his interpretation at all, but it would be interesting to know if it is as clear-cut as he tries to make it.

So far I've found Veith's treatment of the identity of the antichrist exceptionally interesting, but I am concerned he's cherry-picking verses which suit his interpretation, retro-interpreting other symbols and pushing too hard to pin down details where he doesn't need to.

I remain undecided whether his interpretation is defensible. I do agree it was the historical view of the Christian church that the Roman Empire held back the revealing of the antichrist and that at least since the reformation it was widely taught that the Pope is the antichrist. But with respect to the historical view of the church, Calvin viewed Pope Gregory 1 (540-604) as the "Last good Pope". Gregory was clearly Pope after Veith's 538 date. Had Calvin known as much as we do today about the prior popes, who knows if his view would have been the same.

Given that it is disputed whether there was even a single bishop of Rome in the early days, and the probable fact that the Bishop of Rome was not referred to as "pope" until quite late and that the primacy of the Bishop of Rome was not "established" until later again, the very history of the papacy in those early days is difficult to unwind. This is definitely a case where the victors got to write the history!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i find it humorous when i look around and see where my walk of faith has taken me. i remember i've always been interested in "conspiracy theories". in fact the first "conspiracy theory" i was interested in was the book of revelations, because it tickled my imagination at the young age of 12. i loved the images it painted. i could see it's imagery in every day life and i knew we were living in a special age.

i felt as though i was living in that book. i've seen this book come to life since the first time i've read it. from a very young age i've been very aware that the clock is about to strike 12. so from a very young age i've been aware that it could all be gone tomorrow. it's a funny way to look at life, knowing that it's actually so fragile. this illusion that we are living in, could come crashing down in a split second, just like those towers on 9/11.

i've known that this world is a wicked and horrible place. filled with all kinds of people that just want to hurt you for their own benefit. it's a nice fact to know. because through the knowledge of evil, i came to the conclusion that i never ever wanted to be like that. i wanted to be a shining light in the darkness. i wanted to be the reason people around me smiled. wether i like you or not i want to put a smile on your face... because people don't do that anymore, and i just don't understand why. i don't understand why making the world a better place one person at a time isn't the main priority of man.

i know from personal experience that being helpful and loving returns ten fold. it is a wonderful feeling looking at yourself in the mirror and knowing without a doubt in your mind that the world benefits from your existence. while it may seem like a cocky way to think, i personally feel as though i put myself last in my own mind and rather than serve myself i serve the world, because how else can you serve the great IAM without serving all that HE IS. i think it's quite important because these following verses show how one gets to heaven
Matthew 25:35-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

this is the good news. the good news is that it's good to be good and loving to all. you don't have to judge anyone, you don't have to be angry, you don't have to hate, you don't have to hurt. all you need is love. that's what it is all about. it is all he requires of us.

to have faith you must first know your faith. what does it mean to have faith? it means to trust and not worry. that is what having faith means. you pay for things with money, but why? because you have faith that your dollar(or whatever currency you use) will be accepted and taken in exchange for a good/service. so you trust that its going to be an accepted change you don't even let the thought that it won't cross your mind. yet we don't know how to put this same faith in YHWH. this is much more a sure bet then your currency which are all failing us. Put your faith in all that HEIS (humanity and all other creations) it means to trust and accept all and everything. believe in the good, worry not about the bad.

let love be the law. because love does not hurt, love does not envy, love is not prideful. love is not judgmental. love simply loves.

i give because you are in need
i help because i care
i feed you cause you are hungry
i visit you when you are sick or in prison
i will give you a home if you are in need
i will serve you to the best of my ability

why, you ask? because i know i would want the same. i know i would appreciate it, i know i would like for you to do the same, but instead of expecting you to do it for me i expect myself to do it for others.
I AM THE CHANGE I WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join