It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor with camera implanted in head says body is rejecting the apparatus.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

personally i would gladly have an implant as long as it was a cybernetic prosthesus and i could have my leg back

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

that is different but as far as cameras or tracking devices or gps in my view is the mark of the beast and no matter
how they promote them they are evil and i will never get one in me

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja
this is my first thread here i saw this story and wonderedcnn link why someone would try to implant a camera in their head
story looks real was reported on cnn

The Iraqi-born college professor who last year had a camera surgically implanted into the back of his head, underwent surgery Friday to remove a part of the device. Despite treatments with antibiotics and steroids, Bilal's body is rejecting part of the apparatus, according to the Chronicle of Higher Education blog.

edit on 8-2-2011 by crimsonninja because: (no reason given)

Of course the body is rejecting it.. We arent Borg...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

I'd call it a stupid attention-whoring stunt.

The same thing could have been accomplished with a camera and a strap around his head. Oh, except it wouldn't have been as newsworthy.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I second that. As an art student, I found this to be an idiotic idea and a cheap stunt. Unless he was trying to wire the camera to his brain so he could see behind himself, there was no need to implant it on the back of his head.

Originally posted by crimsonninja
reply to post by warbird03

i would say implanting a camera in the back of your head is the weirdest thing i have heard a artist do

You haven't heard much about radical art then. A good place to start would be with Chris Burden, famous for such extreme performance pieces as "Trans-fixed" where he crucified himself to a Volkswagen Beetle and "Shoot" where he had an assistant shoot him.

For another look at bizzare, disgusting art from the 1960s, check out Viennese Actionism. Basically anything that was off-limits or taboo in the everyday was fair game for Vienna Actionists. Nudity, blood, guts, violent and sexual imagery, etc.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of this type of art. On the contrary, I struggle with understanding it. I don't like to limit artists, but I question the creativity and motive of an artist that creates something that is going to universally shock or disgust people. There is always going to be some kind of creative thought process, but it just feels like a cheap way of drawing attention to yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It must reallly suck for him,because my body isnt rejecting my ipod embedding in my arm.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
this is interesting because when I think about it I think about having a bionic eye, or really anything bionic for that matter. Would the body reject a bionic eye? People get prosthetic eyes, limbs, pins inside their bones, metal plates in their heads... so why would the body reject this? It's probably just not been done right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join