It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Probe Church of Scientology Over Work for Tom Cruise, Report Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Feds Probe Church of Scientology Over Work for Tom Cruise, Report Says

The FBI is investigating whether the Church of Scientology engages in human trafficking and uses unpaid labor -- including allegations that Tom Cruise had work done on his motorcycles and property by church members who were paid little if anything for their efforts, a new report reveals.

The shocking 26-page exposé in The New Yorker focuses on "Crash" director and Oscar-winning writer Paul Haggis' decision to quit the church, a spacey blend of self-help and science fiction that critics say uses brainwashing and coercion to indoctrinate and impoverish vulnerable recruits.

New York Post - Scientology Slave Claim
Feds INvestigating Church of Scientology for Human Trafficing
Tampa Bay Online

Using the newbies for free labor.
Wonder what else the indoctrinated get used for?
Tom Cruise is part of the report.

More as it comes in .. it's 'breaking' news in places.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is shocking to me. Not the accusations against a leader of Scientology, but the fact it's someone so close to Tom Cruise. Reports of ensalvement and physical abuse?

Sounds like a sick cult to me. It's amazing to me when the religous are accused of ensalvement or physcial abuse, they seem to always be given the benifit of doubt, yet if your average citizen is accused of the same, they are considered guilty before being proven innocent.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

People are slowly getting to their senses...religious institutions are losing people left and right, not just the COS

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was involved in Scientology back in the 1970's. One of the things that bothered me the most was their attempt to get people to join the "Sea Org."

When one joins the Sea Org, one is pledging their soul to Scientology for the next 10,000 years. You give up all you worldly possesions, mostly donated to the church, and they feed and cloth, "educate" and given jobs that pays less than minimum wage. It's more like an allowance than a wage. These jobs may be cooking cleaning mantainance, teaching, babysitting, whatever they need you to do. They literally own you and your children forever!!!!

So, yes, there is slavery and human trafficing in Scientology. Especially if minor children, who aren't guardianed by parents, but by the church, are sent to work in wealthy Scientologist homes.

Tom Cruize is a member of the Sea Org, and his job is PR.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Kinda sad...I can't watch Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson movies anymore.

Every time I watch a Cruise movie I see him hopping on Oprah's sofa, or giving that crazy Scientology PR speech...and Gibson's "damn Jews" and "I deserve blowjobs" rants ruined his movies forever too

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
lolthe above video is suposed to be PR?? lol thre min into that and i was like " holy crap thay got to him!"

and not just like yeah he bought ther lies now he bought and is now in the busnus whith them on the selling the lies hahah
on a side note is a lie a lie when relialty is munipulate-abl (?
-jplays

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

top topics

join