It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by rubbertramp
ok, rule number 1, there will be no leaders.
Definition of RELIGION 1 a : the state of a religious b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance 2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices 3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness 4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith — re·li·gion·less adjective
Definitions of religion on the Web:
* a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his morality" * an institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own faith contradicted him" wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
* A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
* The Religion is a horror novel written in 1982 by Nicholas Conde. It explores the ritual sacrifice of children to appease the pantheon of voodoo deities, through the currently used practice of Santeria. ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Religion
* Religion is a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of Religious Studies. It was founded in 1971, with close ties to the Religious Studies program at the University of Lancaster. ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_(journal)
* Religion is the seventh studio album by Spear of Destiny, released by Eastworld Recordings in 1997 (see 1997 in music). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_(album)
* The Religions of Dune are a key aspect of the fictional setting of the Dune universe created by Frank Herbert. Many of the names of religions mentioned in the novels indicate they are blends of current belief systems, some syncretic. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_(Dune)
* Serial Experiments Lain was created as a multimedia production, including an anime, a video game, a manga, and several artbooks and soundtracks. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_(Serial_Experiments_Lain_episode)
* A collection of practices, based on beliefs and teachings that are highly valued or sacred; Any practice that someone or some group is seriously devoted to; Any ongoing practice one engages in, in order to shape their character or improve traits of their personality; Our ideological and ... en.wiktionary.org/wiki/religion
* religious - concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church; "religious texts"; "a member of a religious order"; "lords temporal and spiritual"; "spiritual leaders"; "spiritual songs" * religious - having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity; "a religious man"; "religious attitude" * religious - of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows; "the religious or regular clergy conducts the service" * religious - a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience * religious - extremely scrupulous and conscientious; "religious in observing the rules of health" wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
* The world's principal religions and spiritual traditions may be classified into a small number of major groups, although this is by no means a uniform practice. This theory began in the 18th century with the goal of recognizing the relative levels of civility in non-European societies. ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religions
Originally posted by rubbertramp
i had a dream last night where people were preaching to me about a 'new' religion where some of the better aspects of the msr's[mainstream religions] were being used, along with an overall acceptance of the differences between them.
the only problem is, i have no idea what this new religion would stand for.
this is where you can help..