It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How soon they forget. Left wing hoping death on a republican. Guess it's ok now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by beezzer

It it were a "left-wing" politician, you would have a better argument. Why would MSNBC care about what one, unknown journalist of a small paper says? This woman is an idiot for saying this, but is hardly indicative of what millions of people think.

If it were a small unknown right wing writer, they'd be all over it like stink on poo. My point is, equalty. Supposedly, even Obama has to live under the same laws and rules that I do. You criticize one person for doing something but give a free pass to another because they write for a small paper?

Accountability. We are all responsible for what we say and do.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So I could say something imflamitory and it'd be ok.

Say anything you like. The size of your bullhorn just does not worry me.

But we hold different standards for different people?

Not different people, different positions of influence.

So it's free speech UNLESS you are well known.

Those are your words. I hope you understand that they are not my words.

I see.

Apparently not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by MindSpin

I wa fine with Palin's use of targets.
I'm fine with a person stating their personal opinon on whether or not someone should die.

I'm all about "free" speech. As long as it pertains to all.

That would make sense if you were not the OP.
Being that you are the OP, then this thread is just bait by your own admission.

You can't have it both ways. Either you find it offensive for everyone to do it, or you don't.

In my case I find it offensive from anyone to wish death on another, or to use imagery that can incite to violence in rhetoric. However I understand that most of it, including what this nobody you quoted said is protected as free speech.

Freedom of speech is a right all Americans enjoy, smart, dumb, right, wrong, true. false you can say it.So aside from trying to get a bipartisan argument going about equivalence, what exactly is the point of this thread?

If you are fine with it like you say above, what is your beef with this blogger other that the fact she is identified as a liberal?

This thread makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Liberals might want to stay away from the whole "standards" thing.

Are you telling me personally that I cannot have standards because I worry more about the little guy than oil companies? I am really not sure you know enough about me to speak to my standards.

You had a (former) KKK member as an elected official, a president cheating on his wife in the oval office, John Edwards having a love child with another woman while his wife was dying from cancer, etc etc etc.

How are any of those things my doing? Why should I take responsibility for any of those people? I did not even vote for any of them. Are you saying that because Clinton cheated on his wife, liberals cannot have standards? If so, Newt Gingrich kills conservatives ability to have standards as well doesn't it?

Or are you advocating different standards for different people?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. Post after post, thread after thread about Palin using "targets" led to the shooting tragedy.
A columnist hoping death, a drowning gets a *yawn* from everyone else.

Your premise is faulty from the get go. Aside from the obvious inequality of the voice behind each statement, you are comparing an eqation with PART OF another.

This columnist wrote something nasty. One bad thing? OK.
What was Palin criticized for again? Using targets on a map?

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palin was criticized for using targets on a map, referring people to the map with "don't retreat, reload" and saying "take them out" etc....
Don't forget Sharon Angle was in the mix too.

Your comparison is not even close to equal and you still cannot get anyone to defend this person like you hoped.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh look, Breitbart! Exclusive home of Borat Journalism!

So you're seriously going to compare this editorialist from nowhere in an online Tennessean magazine... to Sarah Palin - Or Glen Beck, or O'Reilly, or the like?

If she were nationally syndicated or on the airwaves 24/7 and were idolized by an entire political movement and was advising murder, then we could draw comparisons.

As it is she's an editorialist who lamented the lack of a metaphorical drowning.

And leave it to Borat to go AH MA GAH SHE SAID DROWNED THAT'S TERRIBLE AND JUST LIKE TELLING PEOPLE TO "TAKE OUT" DR. TILLER OR SHOOT LIBERALS IN THE HEAD!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If it were a small unknown right wing writer, they'd be all over it like stink on poo.

Please, back this statement up. Show me a nobody right-wing writer for a podunk publication being ridden out on a rail for something like "drat, the democrat senator didn't drown."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Liberals might want to stay away from the whole "standards" thing. You had a (former) KKK member as an elected official, a president cheating on his wife in the oval office, John Edwards having a love child with another woman while his wife was dying from cancer, etc etc etc.

Wow, I get to dust this off twice in as many days:

The point is you cannot make wholesale judgements of a group based on the actions of s few of it's members. That statement even refutes my visual which was provided to make a point. It is cherry picking. Although i must admit the humor goes a very long way.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: because I did

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why do you expect them to comment on a non-issue?

There'sa little difference between saying "Too bad that guy didn't drown" and a crosshair over a politicians head. Just saying.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I'm sorry to point out that in your statement

used from the Right, by showing that it is also used by idiots on the Left?

you generalized the Right.
Not all people on the right use the same tactics either. You are guilty of what the OP was pointing out. Instead of just denouncing the comment, you had to point out the blood libel thing, which everyone knows was just a bad choice of words,according to some, but in no way was that a wish of death, yet you use that for comparison?. You also fail to mention that the Left media yelled and screamed for weeks that the Right and Palin were to blame for the shooting when in fact that was completely and totally untrue, and just flat out lies, but again, the double standard prevails. No one apologized, instead they all focused on the blood libel comment, just like you just did.
Perhaps you should apply your criticisms to yourself. Just sayin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join