It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How soon they forget. Left wing hoping death on a republican. Guess it's ok now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Link
bigjournalism.com...

Let me get this straight. Post after post, thread after thread about Palin using "targets" led to the shooting tragedy.
A columnist hoping death, a drowning gets a *yawn* from everyone else.

Personally? Not a big deal. Who cares. This would rate a "meh" on the "I-give-a-damn" scale.

But it falls so soon after a terrible event.
Pot.
Kettle?

Your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This would rate a "meh" on the "I-give-a-damn" scale.

My thoughts exactly

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If it were said about a Democrat it would make big news. But since it's not, the media doesn't care. This is nothing new and everyone already knows about the blatant double standard.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If it were said about a Democrat it would make big news. But since it's not, the media doesn't care. This is nothing new and everyone already knows about the blatant double standard.

True. I just want to voice the double-standard and make as much noise as I can.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The reason no one cares is because no one knows who the hell Wendi C. Thomas is.

I'm fine with saying she is an idiot for making that statement though.

Although...you are blaming the entire "Left Wing" for one unknown bloggers comment...hmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nice idea to make note of it.

I think people are getting used to people wishing ill on others, just because they don't agree with them.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
The reason no one cares is because no one knows who the hell Wendi C. Thomas is.

I'm fine with saying she is an idiot for making that statement though.

Although...you are blaming the entire "Left Wing" for one unknown bloggers comment...hmmmmm.

I am. True. Guilty as charged. Where are the left wing folks decrying this? Where is MSNBC running show after show illustrating this as an atmosphere of hate? Where are the left-wing pols stating that this is the reason why people and cute puppies die?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by beezzer

Nice idea to make note of it.

I think people are getting used to people wishing ill on others, just because they don't agree with them.

Thank you. If there is to be fairness, then let the gloves come off and stop the whining. It should be equal on all spectrums of the political prism.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Where are the left wing folks decrying this? Where is MSNBC running show after show illustrating this as an atmosphere of hate? Where are the left-wing pols stating that this is the reason why people and cute puppies die?

That is Fox New's job...they will do a 180 and bash this person for saying this after spending weeks trying to defend the same type of talk being used from the right.

They did the same thing with the "blood libel" thing...it was fine when Palin used it according to Fox...and people were just being sensative. But then a democrat used "blood libel" and Fox News bashed him for weeks saying how wrong he was for doing so. Hypocritical???

This is how the game is played...MSNBC on one side...Fox News on the other side.

I'm fine with calling out anyone on either side using inflammitory rhetoric or wishing harm (in metaphor or not) on others.

Are you fine with that? Or are you using this thread to try to justify the violent rhetoric used from the Right, by showing that it is also used by idiots on the Left?

You can't have it both ways...either what Palin said was fine and then so is this...or they are both wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have to agree with you on this. What was posted was...well bad taste for anyone. I am 18, and if i were anywhere near anyone who said that, recent tragedy or not, I'll smack them in the back of the head and tell them to grow up.

No need for bitching and complaining.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I wa fine with Palin's use of targets.
I'm fine with a person stating their personal opinon on whether or not someone should die.

I'm all about "free" speech. As long as it pertains to all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I have to agree with you on this. What was posted was...well bad taste for anyone. I am 18, and if i were anywhere near anyone who said that, recent tragedy or not, I'll smack them in the back of the head and tell them to grow up.

No need for bitching and complaining.

Thank you. All I'm asking for is equality. If both "sides" want to issue bad taste, then so be it. But when one side crititiques another side, then uses the same, well that goes beyond tacky.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First and foremost I do not agree with her tone. (If you click on link within link provided in OP and look at the bottom story, she called the voters of Memphis stupid which seems to show she tends to make incendiary remarks.) HOWEVER I am not sure why the misguided opinion of a newspaper writer could spark the leap of faith required to fuel an attack on "Left wing."?

It is as if OP is a shiver looking for a spine to run up.
But from Breitbart, what could you expect?

Weak sauce thread, IMO.

edit on 8-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: add clarity

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Oh how dare she, whoever she is. Who is she anyway?

Yet more proof that right-wingers have no sense of proportion.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Your thoughts?

Some girl I have never heard of wrote a column in a local paper I never would have seen is supposed to be equated with public statements made to the mass media by a former vice presidential candidate?

I am having trouble looking at your premise and having any thoughts that don't hurt my head.

What she wrote? Stupid. You blaming the entire left wing for some local paper column written by an unknown? Stupid.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't blame the left wing for what she wrote. I blame the left wing for having different standards.

Equal means equal.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I don't blame the left wing for what she wrote. I blame the left wing for having different standards.

Equal means equal.

So the rightwing should not have standards?

Column noone read from a columnist noone heard of writing one column = Governor and VP candidate Sarah Palin repeating herself on the national stage?

Equal means equal.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Equal means equal.

Column noone read from a columnist noone heard of writing one column = Governor and VP candidate Sarah Palin repeating herself on the national stage?

Equal means equal.

So I could say something imflamitory and it'd be ok. But we hold different standards for different people? So it's free speech UNLESS you are well known.

I see.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Equal means equal.

Equal means equal.

Liberals might want to stay away from the whole "standards" thing. You had a (former) KKK member as an elected official, a president cheating on his wife in the oval office, John Edwards having a love child with another woman while his wife was dying from cancer, etc etc etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It it were a "left-wing" politician, you would have a better argument. Why would MSNBC care about what one, unknown journalist of a small paper says? This woman is an idiot for saying this, but is hardly indicative of what millions of people think.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join