It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft and Aliens: Were Medieval Witches Actually Early Abductees?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

Very sad time in history my friend. Most folks in the USA think this only occured in Salem, Mass.
While the vast majority of people killed in this terrible manner probably did not use drugs - at the time I doubt it would have occured to the populace that these things were "drugs" . . . as a matter of fact in Salem it is believed to have been accidently ingested molds that contributed to the issue.

However - I take the anthropological approach that we need to consider the use of hallucinogens across a wide spectrim of human civilizations and how they might have impacted the course of history. From Shamans - to witches - to Mayans - to Aztecs. There is much to study in trance, dance, chant, and drug induced visions and quests that have effected the cosmologies and artifacts left behind.

Our body is KNOWN to naturally produce a very profound hallucinogen, it is called '___'. I have experienced a type of near death experience myself, and during that time I cannot be certain that a rush of '___' was produced by my own pineal gland - but I can assure you I certainly felt as if I flew.

Germany is an amazing culture - capabile of producing not only some of the greatest thoughts/fields of science known to man, but also some of it's darkest moments. We have much to learn from your country. Thank you for sharing this educational first hand history lesson, especially for the many Americans that might find this facinating. We are exposed to some limited British History over here - but not much World History as a whole unless one pursues it in college, I believe that is a shame.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
nothing like dabbling in a bunch of unprovable mystical hypotheses to take the mind off of the paranoia-inducing facts about what is going on in the world...i have always preferred the ergot hypothesis myself, but that could be a by-product of a teenage obsession with entheogens and the work of the McKenna brothers, etc...i think the ergot theory makes the most sense, but just because they were all high, doesnt mean they werent also being abducted by aliens too...and if you bring in the aliens-eating-humans hypothesizers, the real question is if the aliens would have gotten high from eating the high humans?...okay, that felt good, now back to reality

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Peloquin

Yeah, the Middle Ages certainly are very mysterious.

Medieval folklore is littered with all sorts of strange entities - fairies, dwarfs, hobgoblins, dragons - all of which could have some sort of grounding in truth.

The very fact that the Dark Age itself is supposed to be one giant conspiracy says it all

The Dark Ages was a purely western phenomena...
...if you want to know what was going on during this time...
...a good place to start if a book by Philip Jenkins...
...The Lost History of Christianity: The Thousand-Year Golden Age of the Church in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia--and How It Died.

While Western Christianity went through a 'dark age' other places were alive with the Gospel.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

OK. Way out here but:

What makes you think that mankind's legends of witches and wizards weren't a thousand generation's retold tales of the aliens themselves?

I might postulate a dim past, before the oldest monoliths were built. Two factions of aliens, one committed to the "uplift" of humans, one against it. Both using genetic modification at first, and later actual war against each other.

The hindus recount a war in the sky between opposed gods that seems to be over mankind's destiny.

Lucifer in the old testament can be directly translated to "Lux Ferre", literally "Light bringer"

Prometheus is said to have stolen fire from Zeus and gave it to us mortals; an analogy to Lucifer and the tree of knowledge in Eden. And analogous to Lux Ferre's being outcast, punished.

I wonder if they were not one in the same, called Gods and Angels and Demons because we were so primitive.

What if the uplift worked? What form might it take?

Remember the book "Fire Starter"? Eventually, Charlie knew she could control a sun.

What if humanity suddenly acquired the ability to threaten other stars and solar systems with their minds? An unforeseen side effect of genetic tampering.

That would explain the hindu account of open warfare among the Gods. Would explain the falls of Lux Ferre and Prometheus, and others in mythology who sided with humanity.

One reason we might have never heard a signal via SETI since the programs began, might be because we killed every planet within a hundred light year radius.

Might be why the disasters and plagues happened; to cull anyone with that potential power.

Might be why aliens are keeping an eye on us now. Might even account for the speed of light limit - it could be like a traffic zone, or the governor on an engine.

We might be too dangerous to let out of our playpen.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

All the same guys in different suits I reckon...demons, aliens, gods, bigfoot, fairies, elves, vampires etc etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Sorry for the long-windedness. It could be that every so many generations a kind of psi power expresses itself.

S & F

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Pamela has a great blog. It's good to see her getting some recognition!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You know, I never thought of that before, but it makes perfect sense, doesn't it? As far as Witchcraft goes, I call myself a Wiccan, but do not practice Witchcraft. I have ET contact, strange wounds on my body, have had sex with a woman who was not a woman, and have missing time. I am a Wiccan because that is the only faith that fits me. The others are way too restrictive with too many rules, and their book doesn't make a lot of sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join