It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PATRIOT Act Up For Vote TOMORROW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

PATRIOT Act Up For Vote TOMORROW

act.demandprogress.org

he House is trying to ram through a sneaky renewal of the PATRIOT Act this week! They're doing it without debate, and without including any meaningful reforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The PATRIOT Act is set to expire in just FOUR WEEKS, but Congress is trying to rush through a last minute extension!

Since it was passed almost a decade ago, some of the most noxious portions of the PATRIOT Act have burrowed their way deep into our legal system. A year ago, President Obama signed a bill extending three provisions of the original PATRIOT Act; last week Congressman Mike Rogers (R-Michigan) introduced legislation to extend them again.

Together, these provisions make a mockery of our civil liberties: They let government officials spy on whomever they want, for any reason, without ever letting them know or giving them a chance to challenge the order in court.

act.demandprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I posted this last night and got this!

It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, #### Take Action: PATRIOT Act up for vote TOMORROW #### (Demand Progress) which was originally posted in the Breaking Political News forum, to the Trash Bin forum. _____has initiated this action, and included this message about it:

From our T and C...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Your thread has been removed because it contained information already posted to ATS, or there may have been offensive content in your post.
Please review our Terms and Conditions:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Or actions for for general abuse:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
These may help you understand why your thread was removed from the forum.

This U2U was automatically generated when your thread was moved, please contact _____ (by replying to this U2U) for additional information if you have any questions about why your thread was moved.

Was going to re-post today, but you beat me to it
Remove the links before the entire topic gets deleted!

edit on 8-2-2011 by Pittsburgh because: removed hyperlink

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

Kinda makes you wonder if the tentacles of tptb are in everything, ya

This vote to keep the patriot act should let each individual know just how full of #### this two party system is

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nothing that is put in place by the Government is ever repealed, well almost nothing, there are a few exceptions i guess.
Usually when they get something through, its there for good, if anything, they usually will build upon it rather than take away from it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I had always assumed the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution was quite clear in its definition:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Basically this amendment has been unarguably ignored because if it were not ignored then the Sunset Clause would not be in effect.

Also I encourage people to educate themselves upon the fact that the Sunset Clause was also used, albeit in a different name and format, with the Alien and Sedition Acts of the President Adams administration during the 1790s.

Yet I see only two US Senators so-far come out in opposition to these extensions. What happened to the ‘small government Tea Partiers’? I have always pegged the defining character of protecting our civil liberties as opposing the Sunset Clause of the USA Patriot Act. This means overwhelmingly the Tea Partiers shall be proving that they are not for protecting the US Constitution but rather are just another set of big government politicians like their predecessors.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

I am replying as a member ... so please do not confuse my comment as policy... it is my opinion.

Imagine if we were to remove from the terms and conditions the restriction of soliciting people to sign petitions, join causes, organize events, etc....

What do YOU think would happen to our community?

Forget about the horrors of political and activist spam that would flood our considerable collection of wisdom and discussion.... forget about the debacle of people posting on call for unity being assaulted with content calling for unity in the opposing factions camp.

Think about this:

As a community, ATS can NEVER be defined as an organization that promotes criminal dissent, harbors organized radical ideological material, or is politically biased or motivated in anyway.

Our members come here to debate topics of interest - that's it.

That is our community's strongest shield.

The minute we allow such activities as recruitment, and other such activist activities, the government can (and could likely) categorize us in a manner that would limit the freedoms we DO have.

Now I know we all have to make up our minds and do something about the things we see as wrong-minded and perhaps simply incorrect when it comes to government and policy.... We must trust that sharing the facts is enough... and that people will be moved to take the actions that are proper and fitting to the circumstance.

In that light, there is no need to ask people to join up with this or that. there is no need to forward petitions... your readers, our community, will find the course of action as THEY see fit.

In short, NO... TPTB are not part of that policy... that's OUR COMMUNITY'S code of conduct... and it's meant to benefit us all.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They are have the vote already!!!!!, this just a prequel, American’s are docile, they have been since this started back 96 .
No fight, no will, liberal! lol not even close. L-O-S-E-R. Most are not even caring lol not even in control.
HA HA robot like ZOMBIE LIKE.
It's sickening really, but hey they have already won as they have have started this program back in 2000's, It's now 2011 and I no longer recognize American's? I have noticed this complacent people,

more complacent than Canadians
Canadians are more upset than American's WHAT! HUH! go figure, they have won.
Wonder why? Flu shots water food, all American’s are being poisoned, this was and has been planned out since JFK. And this plan was set in motion since 911 American ideals are already dead. America as a Ideal is dead.
Every aspect has been planned to the very last detail. Since 2006 American’s have become sick with fear, fear depressed repressed people I thought China was bad, or north Korea was bad from being under communism.

Most of you America's might as well Die Just lay down and DIE. You’re finished!!!! Hopeless you’re finished. Just surrender already. Really it's your fault you never stopped it. Too late Now. Time has come and gone!!!!!
The police and FBI and all these like groups get a different injection like the army the rabies one making them controlled aggressive dogs lol look at the violence displays by army police increasing and nobody speaks out from fear.

None of it is natural the controlled aggression the fear, its being controlled for years now! You have not been in control for the last 10 years.
Your brains are being controlled, you’re no longer in charge and you will all basically die from the epidemic that is in Jesse Ventura’s vid starting at 5:00 that’s the plan
It started with brain eating vaccine you can not fight back even if you wanted too.
The nano’s are stopping you from fighting re-growing connections. Even the police can not stop it, they have no freewill either just the impulse to smash things.
You have in re-bio engineered it’s not all of America yet but soon Yes after everyone gets there flue shots form this bad winter put the dots together.
Media Pushes BRAIN Eating Vaccine... Nano Tech Injection Lobotomy.mp4
www.youtube.com...
CENSORED FROM TV! JESSE VENTURA'S CONSPIRACY THEORY S02E04 - POLICE STATE, FEMA
www.youtube.com...
You have too wipe your entire government out and all the corporations associated with government, there no trials or court hearings it’s treason to humanity.
Even the richest people in the world, that’s connected, extinction.
It’s your extinction or there’s, and time will soon run out for the other half of America

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

Thanks for that little piece of doom.
I joined the Tea Party because I hope to make a difference. I'm active with it. I write much about it (not here though).

Yeah, if this thing goes through, the republicans are going to be dancing around the subject like democrats on healthcare.

S'okay though. We have loooong memories. This tripe won't be forgotten.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I had always assumed the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution was quite clear in its definition:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Basically this amendment has been unarguably ignored because if it were not ignored then the Sunset Clause would not be in effect.

Also I encourage people to educate themselves upon the fact that the Sunset Clause was also used, albeit in a different name and format, with the Alien and Sedition Acts of the President Adams administration during the 1790s.

Yet I see only two US Senators so-far come out in opposition to these extensions. What happened to the ‘small government Tea Partiers’? I have always pegged the defining character of protecting our civil liberties as opposing the Sunset Clause of the USA Patriot Act. This means overwhelmingly the Tea Partiers shall be proving that they are not for protecting the US Constitution but rather are just another set of big government politicians like their predecessors.

And what happened to all of my lefty friends,( liber without the tarian ) too???

God we are easily distracted here... It's a shame

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Maybe no one cares anymore because no matter how much noise we make, it doesn't matter?

I just hope that these "representatives" we've sent to Congress care more than we do and maybe this time take the time to actually read and understand the stupid thing. Not that this is easy...because heaven knows I've tried the last few times, and with all the markups and changes and revisions and ramifications, it leaves your head spinning.

The best of all worlds would be to throw it away and start again with a saner, more easily understandably "act."

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a watchdog group that was actually well-versed on these things looking out for us here? Oh wait, that would be the ACLU, but I forgot...they're evil.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I already wrote my Congressman. These bastards are slimy, underhanded and will do anything to keep their profit making machines well-lubed. It has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with control, oppression and diversion. I hate my government. Love my country. Put me on any damn surveillance watchlist you have. Go ahead waste your time gov. I am harmless....but I sure will tell you how I feel. It's a sad day, when our leaders are the true enemy.

edit on 8-2-2011 by lostviking because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ha! No worries at all, absolutely nothing to worry about!!!!

At least by now, more will know for sure whom are the real Nazis they had elected whom had voted for the Gestapo Act to be continued, and may they finally give up being addicted to the blue pill.

It is one thing to stop terrorism, and quite another to EMPOWER someone or some organisation to be supra unlimited powers and ABOVE THE LAW and CONSTITUTION to be in charge. The FBI and security organisations had already been well empowered in the past to handle such situations, less egoistical humans in head positions whom should have been kicked out long ago for their failures, and DO NOT NEED such POWERS to enforce their authoritarianism upon FREE citizens.

Had they as an well taxpayer paid organisation, been effective? Only questionable terrorist events were stopped.
Terrorism still thrives, and more of our youths had been sentenced to death in foriegn land after the moron bush. The FBI had done a better job that folks from HSA had done. And all HSA had done is to enact more repressive laws upon citizens!

Today, they may show noble aims, with red flagged events, with noble judges in power, but what about tomorrow? There are plenty of chicken farmers such as Himmler wannabes waiting in line from the deep pockets of the shadow gov, once the sleeping public had been soothed with rhetorics such as 'Homeland security' which means Nazification of USA and 'patriot Act' which is nothing more than giving above the law powers to this organisation.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Have we as a human race learnt nothing from history??????
edit on 8-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The measure failed to gather enough votes.

The Bill / extension failed.....

I am optomistic that maybe, just maybe, Congress got the message the people were trying to get across to them.

Source
edit on 9-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join