It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's 'flying donkey' dead of heart attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I did a search, and found a short thread about this that was posted when it happened in June, 2010. Since this was the first time I had seen this, and since the death is recent, I thought I would post it.

A donkey that last year shot to international fame after being forced to parasail above the beaches of southern Russia has died of a heart attack, her minders said Saturday. A veterinarian said the heart attack was likely the result of stress brought on by the experience, which sparked an international outcry from animal-rights activists.

The donkey died last month at stables just outside Moscow, where she ended up after her heart-wrenching ordeal.

"An autopsy showed she died from myocardial infarction," said Dobrovolskaya, chalking up her illness to the stress endured during her parasailing experience.

"A young animal may recover but for an old one there is no way back,"

full article at www.nypost.com... Feb. 5, 2011

In that video, it mentions that local animal rights activists filed a lawsuit against the business owners. That could possibly put them away for up to 2 years, since under Russian Law there is punishment for brutal acts against animals. Also, it is punishable by up to an 80,000 Rubles fine.

An older article, from last summer states-

The donkey has been examined by a veterinarian, who found that her half-an-hour-long flight over heads of vacationers last week did not inflict any physical damage.

"The veterinarian has come to a conclusion that the animal is clinically healthy," he said.

The donkey's mental state however remained unclear.

That article is also from the New York Post, but is from July 2010.www.nypost.com...

I have not been able to find any articles relating to an actual lawsuit. I found a few sites stating basically the same as in the video. Stating that charges were going to be filed, but not sure if any ever actually were or what has come of it.

I am curious as to what others might think, as far as if the heart attack 6 months later could actually be blamed on the parasailing incident. Or do you think she just died of old age?

P.S. I'm sure many won't care about this, but this is my 1st thread here, so it's a warm-up practice.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I will add to this, that I do not agree with it at all. I hope that the people who did this did get charged, convicted, and at the minimum, a very large fine. It would not bother me to hear that they actually did have to serve some time for it. It's just wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is animal cruelty

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow...I wonder what the person charge of the advertising campaign was thinking. Why would you make a donkey go parasailing in the first place? How do you even come up with such an idea? I'm sure the donkey had some mental issues afterward, but I don't think the stunt could have given the poor donkey a heart attack 6 months afterward, but who knows.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

R.I.P - Anapka

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
- Leonardo da Vinci Anapka (the Russian Donkey)

I'm just glad that her wish has now come true.

Oh, and good job on your first thread.

Keep it up

edit on 8/2/2011 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

That's what I was wondering too. I have no idea how someone could even come up with that idea. The video said that all the children on the beach were crying. So it did not work as a good advertising tool.

reply to post by LiveForever8

Nice quote.

and thank you.
edit on 2/8/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
what a sick and twisted stunt . Everyone looking to go Viral these days regardless of the consequnces. seems like viral marketing is what drives these silly ideas.

i would not be against viral marketing laws which post hefty fat fines and prison times for careless stunts like this.

The poor donkey can you imagine what he was thinking flying through the air ! lol he looked scared s hatless

strap a donkey up and make it fly loool humans never seem to cease to amaze me haha

top topics

join