It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden Believes in Alien Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

There is a lot of NASA filmed footage. I believe people should start calling Nasa Filmed Objects NFO to give a far stronger sense of credibility in the wider community. All the best NFO's should be brough to the top.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
notice he said things would be discovered that would "rewrite history". Finding microbes on Mars and other heavenly bodies would be a new chapter in history, not re-write it. When you think about what he said, its more profound than finding some microbes and the "discoveries" would change what we know about our history. Thats what re-writing history means.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

I think you're arguing over semantics.

It's not unusual for anyone (even someone in a high position) to use the phrase "re-write the history books" when talking about any new discovery at all.

Finding even microbial life elsewhere in our solar system that is totally independent of life on Earth would be a HUGE discovery -- probably one of the biggest discoveries ever. If life could spontaneously be created independently in two places in the same solar system, that is great evidence for life being basically ubiquitous through the universe. I'm not surprised that someone would say "re-write the history books", even if that is technically wrong (if you want to nit-pick his choice of phrasing).

It seems you're really reaching and over-analyzing his exact reasons for using a commonly said phrase.

edit on 2/9/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is what re-writes history

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-2-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

You mean they may re-write history if proven to be real evidence of aliens...

Regarding the first video, the guy needs more corroborating evidence before his story could be considered true.

The second video looks like it could simply be debris being moved by an RCS (Reaction Control System) thruster firing. Here's a video of the RCS system at work (you can see thrust pulses in various directions, keeping the shuttle steady and in the correct position). There are thrusters just like this in the nose of the shuttle:
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

...Again, I think you are nit-picking Bolden's words a bit too much. Like I said in my post above "Re-writing History" is a common phrase that is often used in this linguistically and technically "wrong" manner.

Do you really think that Bolden would "tease" us like that by saying "I know a secret about aliens that we have known for a long, long time, but I'm not going to tell you about it until later". Really?

edit on 2/9/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I doubt thats debris. Notice as it moves it slows down and stops in mid space before the flash of light and than darts off. Skeptics claim the light is the rocket blast which cause the debris to go in the opposite direction. If thats the case, how come all the other particles did not move? Then something shoots in the path of the object. Suspiciously all NASA live feed ended after this.

While we can't take Karl Wolf's word of ancient buildings on the moon as scientific fact, I believe the guy. He has no reason to lie and he is a very credible former high ranking witness. Other astronauts also made claims they saw buildings on the back side of the moon while they were in orbit on the Apollo missions.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

Well being in that position he must be a high ranked free mason, so he must know how stup1d most people are, and this planet is not run by humans at all. He must have some inclination to accept that as fact.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I swear for a second I had a terrible feeling they links were going to bring up the Jerusalem video phew!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you're waiting on someone else's say-so as to whether or not to believe in the existence of extra terrestrials then you are a sheep of the truest form, there is PLENTY of evidence already. You'd have to be VERY ignorant not to believe in the existence of extra terrestrials in these times. Anyone with some critical thinking skills, anyone with some common sense along with an interest in the subject would already know that these beings have been around for quite some time. The sad thing is that most people who believe in their existence also believe that we as a species need these "aliens" to show us the way and fix our problems. Happiness is not aquired through knowledge of science, nor material objects, it comes from within.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
rewriting the history books within the next year is a remarkable statement...what makes it remarkable is how specific it is in not only mentioning the knowledge bomb about to be dropped, but also the specific time frame...i find it exceedingly hard to believe that such a specific statement could be made by somebody who had no knowledge of future events and was just making off-handed statements...this guy definitely knows what is going to be released, and when...however, all of this disclosure must occur in small increments...there is NO chance that they just announce that e.t. intelligent life forms exist...it will certainly be some sort of announcement about microbial life, and even that announcement will lead to some amount of pandemonium and uproar amongst the foolish orthodox religious masses...

Well, you don't know the question to which this was an answer. It might have been about new science and engineering developments.

After years of getting victimized and misled by careless or tricky UFO writers, how many more times will you think you'll get burned before being a little more careful in believing everything you read from strangers on the Internet?

I've known Charlie for thirty years. He's not the type for subtle hints and semantic clues.

I like your comment about stuff being "lost in the noise", now to such an extent a genuine ET-UFO could land on someones front lawn and first, the guy who owns the house would call the cops demanding they be charged with trespassing, and maybe crushing the azaleas, for which he'd take them to court and the rest? Most likely think its some movie and demand residuals and at least be acknowledged in the credits when it hits the screen!

As for "re-writing" history, THIS is history, its never just about the past but how we interpret the now. It also seems logical that as part of a conditioning effort, a statement that gets more then pooh pooh by the scientific community as did the "Martian meteorite" found in Antarctica, would be less likely to utterly freak some people out. Most people don't get to concerned about microbes, or similar life (apparently they never saw the original movie "The Andromeda Strain", great movie BTW) Perhaps the gentlemen is aware of something that will be unimpeachable as-to-proof?

I agree with your statement as the most logical approach, and yes some may have to do with OUR advanced technology, but some of the other stuff? Who knows. I know I've never seen a honest to god UFO or alien (to my knowledge) Maybe thats why when I call ET all I get is the damn voice mail...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Do you mean because he said 1965 and the Lunar Orbiter program was from 1966-67?
Now we have to go and reprint all those books and change it to 1965?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join