It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden Believes in Alien Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden Believes in Alien Life.....while he flat out denied seeing evidence of extraterrestrial and UFOs as an astronaut. He did say he believe there is other intelligent life out there similar to us. Its understandable that he would deny seeing UFOs because he is the NASA Administrator. Other astronauts have come forward and said they did see alien space ships. The article below reminds us what the Vatican and pope said recently: "Its ok to believe in extraterrestrials", which was a stunning statement from the Vatican.

finally the NASA Administrator says something odd........"I have no doubt about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us rewrite text books."

What would make him say that and how is he so sure? Its interesting he says in the next year which happens to be 2012, the year conspiracy theorist think something significant will happen because of the Mayan calendar.
But "rewriting the text books" is a pretty bold thing to say.

www.wltx.com...
edit on 8-2-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: edit text

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
interesting! Its OK to to believe they exist. It's a whole other thing to believe they are coming to earth to basically rape humans, or that they created humans.
edit on 8-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think we are being prepared for the truth. "raping and creating humans" is all in ancient text and even the bible where it talks about the Nephilim.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

I find it interesting how much you make of the fact that Bolden denies that he saw any alien craft whilst in space, and yet believes in alien life. You must realise that the two things are by no means mutualy exclusive! I personaly have never met an alien, but I am sure that there must be some out in the vastness of the cosmos. Is that some how strange to you ?
I think its perfectly reasonable to assume, that like many of us, he has never been a witness, but taking into account the size of space itself, and the amount of leaps of understanding in extremophile biology and better understanding of the geophysics of the other planets in our solar system, believes on the evidence that does exist that such things are possible.
Does the report make clear that he believes that people have been abducted? Nope. Does the report suggest that he believes that the sightings and videos that are out there, are anything other than isolated phenomena, planes videographed at unusual angles, or indeed other hoaxes/ misidentifications ? No.
He is making an educated judgement about the possibilities that await us in the wider universe, not commenting on the visitor phenomenon, or any of the attendant hookum related to that subject. Its a mere scientific position based on the logical outworking of the implications of various facts that we already have at our disposal. Its also a standpoint I share.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
By "re-writing text books" and according to latest NASA's scientific announcements we should expect mind-blowing information on life or precise measure of the Universe... Or even findings regarding Universe's true nature.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

maybee he denied seing any alein craft - because .......... drum roll .............. he did not actually see any alien craft

as for his current stated belief in alien life - the obvious follow up is to ask - :

" sir , please explain what form or forms of alien life you believe will be discovered "

because i believe that alien life will be discovered starting with virii and single cell organisms within this solar system

and while i believe that inteligent alien civilization SOMEWHERE in the universe is highly probable

i utterly reject all the claims of andromedans , reptelians , zetas , plaideians , dracos etc etc etc

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

What is the drive of your comment here? Are you suggesting that NASA have found where the boundaries of the universe are, what shape it is , and how much life resides therein? Exactly what do you mean here?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden Believes in Alien Life.....

So what's the big deal?
Even I believe in alien life. So do 6.9653 billion out of 7 billion people on Earth!
But the moot point is whether there is incontrovertible evidence that they have visited Earth. I haven't seen any such evidence so far. Have you?

Now that would be eye popping. Not some guy who claims he 'believes' in aliens. So? There are a dime a dozen sneaking in from Mexico anyway!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Rewriting the text books could simply mean confirming life on mars...microbial. That is exciting in itself, it means that life must be quite common in the universe if in our own little backyard we have found it. And while i believe there are complex life forms, and even intelligent life in the universe(simply due to the sheer size of it working in favor of there being so) i do not believe we are being 'visited' by little green men and i believe intelligent life to be very rare...rare in the universe is still quite a lot though. Sadly many believers in aliens here on ATS will never be satisfied until cool aliens in spaceships land on the white house lawn and will shrug off and belittle anything else.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Greensboro1978
NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden Believes in Alien Life.....

So what's the big deal?
Even I believe in alien life. So do 6.9653 billion out of 7 billion people on Earth!
But the moot point is whether there is incontrovertible evidence that they have visited Earth. I haven't seen any such evidence so far. Have you?

BINGO!
agree 100%

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Lot's of people from all walks of life believe in the possibility of alien life. This guy is no different. Putting him on a toadstool and thinking his opinion is more valuable than some school crossing guard means you must must subscribe to a near impossible to believe conspiracy theory...and that's the main issue with this subject.

If alien life is as widespread on earth as some seem to state as fact around here, thousands of people would have to be involved and leaks (of an undeniable kind) would have dropped the curtain by now.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Ah I see what you mean. In terms of the new prognosis for life in the universe, this of course is news of great import and gravity. Regarding your statements about some believers not being satisfied until aliens in smart looking craft land on the whitehouse lawn , I understand your ire, but there really are several methodologies being applied to the search for extraterrestrial life and applying that measure to all of them can be a little limiting in terms of accuracy.
There is the scientific approach, the spiritual approach, and the investigative journalism approach. The scientific approach uses all the things we learn about the world immediately surrounding us, to develope ways of thinking , and ways of doing things which can be codified, recorded, sampled and measured, and uses expiriences of past geniuses from Newton to Einstein to explain the universe around us, in ever increasing detail, based on the results of our samples tests and measurements. The folks who believe that alien life exists based on these factors, tend toward a belief tempered with an attitude that we should do everything in our power to pour resources into these researches, even though they take time to complete. The crucial thing about those whos interest in alien life is purely scientific is this. They do not wish to comment on detail , unless they actualy HAVE detail. They do not insist that they have proven something, unless there are physical or mathematical proofs involved, which carry a hell of a lot of wieght. Caution is pretty much a watchword for serious scientists in that regard.
The spiritual approach is almost based solely on faith. It centres around variously held beliefs that aliens are in fact hyperdimensional beings , which communicate through channelers and mystics, and can be communicated with via meditation . Typicaly these searchers care nothing for recording thier findings in any but the most poetic and some might say (fairly ) useless manner possible. An astrophysicist for instance would find nothing at all useful in the ramblings of those who claim to have met aliens via this method. Typicaly folks who follow this method, as they have done in the recent past, will claim that they know the ins and outs of intergalactic politics, how the relations between the Royal houses of some distant planet are going, and what everyone is wearing closer to the galactic core. They wont bother to PROVE any of it, but it sounds interesting all the same. Unlike the other two methods, this one involves almost no actual work of any kind, just an awful lot of sitting zazen, chanting, and possibly substance abuse.
And then you have the investigative journalism method. If you havent got the scientific nouse, or the blind faith required for the first two, but you do have an awful lot of free time, an endless supply of patience and the ability to collate data from disperate sources into a semi coherant whole, then this is the gig for you! With the sheer amount of information which has been published to do with the cover up conspiracies surrounding UFO , Area 51 , and other well known incidents, the investigative mind will hunt down every lead and every possible route to the truth, that they can get at, AND they will defy a restraining order to do it (and I salute them, every one!). These intrepid souls will gather data from as many sources as they can, and until they can make thier collections make sense to them , they arent sharing the fruits of thier unfinished labours with anyone! Capable of logical thinking, organisational genius, and the ability to connect apparantly unconnected events, in impressively lucid and reasonable terms, and having the patience to sit on the phone, or write hundreds of FOIA requests a month, these folks are formidable tools that humanity has for unlocking the secrets of just about anything, from the illuminati, to UFO and how the hell the Twilight saga got so damned huge.
However, scientists are very rarely heard to say things like "Not only do I believe in aliens, but Im pretty convinced about the whole visitation , abduction scenario. It sounds pretty solid to me as an idea, save for the issue of forensic evidence never been collected or interpreted correctly in ANY case so far and other foul ups like that." . This is because scientists are used to proving thier thinking one way or another before having to make a statement, and this is laudable. Journalistic minds will tell you that there are a number of avenues of investigation at this time, and if you like they will forward you a copy of thier latest complete work on the subject, but wont comment on the actual direction thier current project is taking, beyond a few tasty morsels of suggestive information. Spiritualists however will tell you that all you need, is to let go of yourself and find the truth by way of an open heart and mind.
Of all these , the only methodologies that would value a visit to the white house by a UFO, would be the scientists who would scan the hell out of it with anything they could figure to use, and the journalists, who would wear out a years worth of SD cards in thier cameras, and go through six laptop keyboards in an hour trying to record all the data they had collected with their camera, videocamera, listening devices and so on.
I can imagine such a visit being most peturbatory for the "aliens are spirit beings from the place beyond reality" crowd, if only because the very idea of aliens being fleshly contructs would make some of them cry, and because they would be pretty annoyed that after all thier chanting the blighters have gone to see the president and really all the chanting was doing was just making them look daft, and get a cold arse from sitting on the ground outside thier houses too long.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You've got to be careful and seperate "alien life" (ie : microbe, single-celled organism, etc.) and intelligent alien life (ie : alien that drive spacecrafts and travel from their planet to earth).

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

Absolutely Not! No! maybe not!..... maybe.... maybe yes , yes

This is the "NASA way "
: little step, after little step, after little step, after little step...................

Like this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

No less believable than the fact that the PTB are deliberately planting disinfo and misinfo throughout the centralised media and entertainment industries!!!

I wonder if ATS has been similarly infiltrated by disinfo agents..? A curious proposition.

I look forward to the day when we start seeing some truth from the PTB regarding this matter. I don't expect that anything will change in media/ entertainment/ on internet forum message boards until the decision comes down from the top.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

Surely that's obvious, and not a matter requiring careful thought? If it is, then there's little point worrying about aliens. You should probably be worrying about remembering to tie your shoelaces, and where you live, and stuff like that instead....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Mmmkay, because when the head of the most public face of space exploration talks up and says that he believes in the reality of intelligent extraterrestrial life, and that certain things will be discovered in the next year or so that will confirm certain hypotheses regarding such, we should think he's about as sensible as David Icke, right?

Get real people. As per Arken, this is the way they do things. Ramping up to a controlled 'mini-disclosure event'. I personally believe the false flags will be flying, but I do genuinely believe in intelligent ET / extra-dimensional life too. I saw a UFO last night in fact! Awesome days indeed.
edit on 8-2-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"I have no doubt about things that will be discovered in the next year or so that will help us rewrite text books."

If he's talking about ETs ... then he's put an interesting timeline on this. Next year or so ... December 2012 falls within that year or so time frame. hmmm .... Wonder what else he knows. (hope it's not just speculation on his part)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
'in the next year or so'

We are actually being given a time frame now as well. This is getting interesting. Listening to the vactican releases last year on alien life sealed the deal for me. Why the hell would they even bring up something like this unless they had to.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

announcing microbes in the universe is hardly re-writing the history books. Most scientists accept the fact that life is out there even though we have not "publicly" found it yet. Re-writing history would have more to do with how a new discovery relates to our past and it would have to be something more profound than finding a few microbes on Mars or an astroid. Re-writing history indicates the way we perceived our past is inaccurate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join