It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore to be a honorary Canadian Citizen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As it turns out my mayor, of Bowling for Columbine fame, wants give Michael Moore a key to the city and honor him by delcaring him a citizen of Sarnia. Thus giving Michael Moore the right to tell Kasra Nejatian (the one trying to get MM charged with influencing the election) to cram it with walnuts, I am Canadian.

The London Free Press

The Toronto Star

I love my mayor. This is a great idea.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I tell you what buddy. You can have Michael Moore. Keep him as an official citizen, just forget about the honorary part...you just keep him up there.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Speaking only for myself, of course, we don't want him here! lol

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Speaking only for myself, of course, we don't want him here! lol

I am perfectly happy to have Michael as a joint American/Canadian citizen. My father shares dual citizenship. Michael hasn't done ANYTHING to harm America...or any other country that I'm aware of. He certainly hasn't sent any troops into a pre-emptive situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hope they don't make Moore an honourary Canadian. In my opinion he made us look like a bunch of country bumpkins.

Oooh...someone in Hollywood likes Canada, let's throw a party, let's make him one of us!!! What has he done for Canada? He said we are less afraid than Americans and we don't kill each other as much. Wow. Let's make him king. Give me a break.

I don't want Canada used in his game of over-throw the president, it cannot help us.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well...where should we send him then? We (being you and me) both agree that we don't want him...how about just letting him stay in California...it's going to break off anyways...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Personally i think the charges against Moore are pointless. He is not a political figure as much as some might see him as one. How often has this law been enforced in the past? Who cares what someones personal opinion is on the election? Kasra Nejatian sounds like another bitter conservative who wanted their way.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I am perfectly happy to have Michael as a joint American/Canadian citizen. My father shares dual citizenship. Michael hasn't done ANYTHING to harm America...or any other country that I'm aware of. He certainly hasn't sent any troops into a pre-emptive situation.

No, he hasn't done anything to harm America, and I enjoy his films, I just don't like his method.

The reasons behind this honourary citizenship thing are kind of stupid though.

And greenkoolaid, I agree completely.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The reasoning behind this idea is that the charges one person, who lost in Canada's recent election, is trying to get laid against M.M. are kinda....well...stupid.
Just like a few years ago when the gov of Vermont tried to get Lake Champlain delared a Great Lake to get federal tax money, this same mayor started a campign to get a small local lake delaired a great lake.

Also, since when has Micheal Moore been considered 'Hollywood'?
He's always looked favorably towards Canada...Anyone see 'Canadian Bacon'?

Vietnow: That is exactly the point to this mayors idea.

top topics

join