It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dating site steals Facebook Profiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Johannesburg - An American dating website has stolen the personal information of about 250 000 people, including a number of South Africans, from their Facebook profiles and posted it on the dating site without their knowledge. The website, www.lovely-faces.com, promises to connect you to a suitable partner. They have divided men and women into categories according to the information they have posted on Facebook. They have categorised them as “climber”, “easy going”, “funny”, “mild”, “sly” and “smug”.

Source-Stolen Fb profiles

Well people were saying Facebook is selling our information to a number of companies without our knowledge. Don't spend much time on Facebook myself nor do I play any of those apps and games anymore. It's a scary knowing there's so much information about you moving around on the web.

Here is a link to the dating site incase you wanna check if your face is on it

Lovely-Faces
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Once I found out that when you upload any a picture onto their system, it becomes theirs to use even if you stop using your account, I deleted my account that very moment. i think its scary how many personal pictures people have uploaded that fb now has stored.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

Oyeah, definitely. Some people on my friends list have thousands of photos they're either tagged in or uploaded themselves. Not knowing Facebook can do with it what it wants and you'd probably never know about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I hate Facebook..

2nd

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I spend time on FB, mostly playing the games. Yes, FB's owner did go directly against their statement to users that they would never sell or share information. Private data of millions of people was share without their knowledge or consent. Data was sold to anyone who was willing to part with a few dollars to obtain it.

This was revealed online many months ago. FB's owner had since made some generous contributions ( the Newark NJ school system received a windfall of epic proportions ) but to me this smacks of nothing more than spin combined with tax advisers informing the little shiat he is going to be buried in debt to Uncle Sam unless he gives away a lil chunk.

Simple truth: FB's owner lied to millions of people. I wouldn't want to be in his Gucci loafers when the time comes to answer before the Lord.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It has that thing on it now where it asks you to add more personal information so you can be 'protected against account theft'. It asks you to add your mobile and home phone numbers, alternate email addresses, etc. It just means that if your account did get stolen, you'd be a lot more screwed than before

top topics

join