It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True feelings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Does anyone have any idea on how to help people from feeling like this? Are these thoughts/definitions insane or do you feel it might fall under some form of mental defect??

An Americans feeling.

Fear, Anxiety, Death, Suffocation, Paralyzed, Burning, Helplessness, Loss of Breath, Loss of Life, Time, Safety, Loss of Thought, Dysfunction,

Why these words, what am I thinking?

Fear: I am scared for my family, friends and all the innocent children and animals in the United States. I fear, Nuclear weapons, Biological and Chemical weapons and the hate, the people of the world have for the United States.

Anxiety: My anxiety is of not knowing what really is going on, when this will all start, How it will happen, will it be fast and painless or will we all get really sick and suffer in pain to our death. Can I protect my family from this devastation; am I making the right decisions by staying home and allowing my wife to continue to travel almost 40 miles away from home each day to go to work or should we be savoring every minute of each day we have left together.

Death: How it will end and what happens after I am dead. Is there an after life? Does it hurt? Will I realize it is happening?

Suffocation: Being completely mentally and physically closed in, not knowing what is really going on in the world, being held up for days in a confined area for days, possibly months.

Paralyzed: Nerve gases, not being able to help my wife and child. Having no way to defend my family, friends and people who are my neighbors. Stuck in a situation that would not allow me to move from my home to a safer area.

Burning: Nuclear fall out, Saran gases, my lungs on fire, extreme heats, and instinct to hurt those who are inflicting this in my country, on my family, friend and neighbors.

Hopelessness: If we survive this, how will the world be? Will we be like other fallen nations, poverty stricken with sick surrounding us? What will happen to our economy? Will there be jobs? Will the food and water that be safe to eat and drink? Will the air we breathe be toxic to us? What do we have to look forward too?

Loss of Breath: Chemical weapons, suffocating and stealing the air we breathe. Watching our loved ones die in front of us do to toxins in the air, lack of clean oxygen to breathe.

Loss of Life: Family, Friends, neighbors, and 100s of causalities of innocence, how will we mentally cope with seeing this horrific destruction?

Time: What to do with it now and after if we survive? How much is left? How long will this last? What is more important going to work and hoping nothing happens or living life as this is the end and spending all the time we have left with our families and friends and hope we survive.

Safety: How to prepare, what are the correct measure to be taken in case of a nuclear, chemical or biological attack? What to do in case of nuclear fallout and surviving a sonic blast. How do you protect your loved ones from a chemical or biological attack? Are we safe? Can all measure guarantee a 100% survival rate?

Loss of thought: Not knowing what is safe, whom is friend or foe, racial profiling? Complete loss of reality and thought process do to horrific measure taken upon the United States. Complete paranoia.

Dysfunction: Our Government, Authorities and Emergency response teams. What are they to do, whom will they help first, and how they possibly can help with saving their own lives.

Justmytype
Vernon, NJ

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Subliminal messages on TV and the radio, over active subconscious, perhaps your picking these feeling up from other people "sympathetic", or maybe a chemical imbalance, although I don't believe in such things. Maybe your spending to much time on ATS and need a break.

It could be anything, but one thing is for sure, propaganda plays a MAJOR part in all of it.

The more you think of those things, the more they will manifest.

Consider this, those who are behind the curtain, have an easier time manipulating those under those influences.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Fear is the greatest tool of any government. For this administration it has paid of extremely well. don't believe all the hype and try to relax.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
okay, I'll bite :

Fear : just a little bit, I honestly don't see a "large scale" attack on American soil. Sept 11th was it.

Anxiety : nope, only about getting my work done, getting my daughter raised.

Death : A little concern, I don't want to die, now or ever... I want to always be here for my little girl.

Suffocation : I'm okay with knowing what we do, I don't think I really want to know more, it would only lead to more... fear, anxiety... etc.

Paralized / Burning .... don't want to talk about it.

Hopelessness : I think there's always hope. We have a great God, a very forgiving God.

Skip, Loss of Life, Loss of Breath, covered by Death.

Time : beleive it or not, I live for now, sort of, I know that I shouldn't, but I am going to enjoy life now, I think we have some time left though... I hope.

Safety : I think we just have to keep doing what we're doing.

Loss of Thought : I don't know... can't think about it.

Dysfunction : aren't we already there.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
don't think about the future. just live in the now. easier said than done!

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Fear is the greatest tool of any government. For this administration it has paid of extremely well. don't believe all the hype and try to relax.

let me expand upon this a little.

anger is also an emotion they like to use.

if anyone doubts me check out the political debate forum and see for yourself. its chock full of anger and hatred.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Does anyone have any idea on how to help people from feeling like this? Are these thoughts/definitions insane or do you feel it might fall under some form of mental defect??

The world is not that much of a happy place these days (if it ever was) and with the constent looming threat of terrorism, nuclear/biological warfare, global warming, pollution, on and on and on it is not so surprising that our outlooks are bleak. Insane? No. Mental defected? No. Turn on the tv, read a newspaper or log onto the internet and you are bombarded with the fears and horrors of the world because that is what sells airtime/papers.

The more I become aware of the world outside of my little personal reality the more frequently that I look over my shoulder expecting something to happen at any moment. Is it paranoia or awareness? Perhaps they are the same thing just seen from different perspectives.

Sometimes we just need to unplug ourselves from the media and take a long, deep breath in order to relax a bit.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

if anyone doubts me check out the political debate forum and see for yourself. its chock full of anger and hatred.

Indeed it is Prank, political opinion, hatred and anger seem to tie in with each other wouldn't you agree? You weren't implying anything about yours truly were you 'bub' ?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just wanted to chime in, Yes I believe we have to live in the "Now" cause who knows if there will be a tomorrow. I wrote my above thread with concerns of how neighbors, family and friends have shown concerns to me on how they are feeling and compiled it into those categories. My main reason was to see what should be taken place and how to address these many concerns we all have. I feel that people should all have an awareness of thier true feelings but how do we help them to overcome these fears or is this just the reality of "Now" and the world we are living in.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey if anyone doubts me check out the political debate forum and see for yourself. its chock full of anger and hatred.

Heh heh. That is so true.

Anger and hatred are a response to fear.

I have gone through periods of fear (the most recent was when I first read that Aussie Bloke thing). But I have largely gotten over my fear. I now try to live more in the moment. I am confident I can handle whatever comes my way.

The emotion I feel the most is despair. Too many zombies in our scociety just going along for the ride, not questionning, and rampant anti-intellectualism.

Nothing will be solved until we hit the wall (peak oil, climate change, collapse of economic system etc.).

The only thing to do is prepare yourself mentally for the outcome. Move beyond fear and towards acceptance. Be at peace with yourself and you can handle anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Indeed it is Prank, political opinion, hatred and anger seem to tie in with each other wouldn't you agree? You weren't implying anything about yours truly were you 'bub' ?

heavans no! we've all been there and done that at one time or another...so noone is being singled out in that respect.

thats why i'm avoiding that forum now. its EVIL! evil i tell you!

run away while you can! save yourselves! ahhhhhh run!

no really, run, go on! git! yah!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Good to know prank.
Yes, take his advice. The political debate section can lead to psycosis

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That is very true. Also considering the "terrorist attack warnings" which are absolutely silly.

The 9/11 incident has changed the American way drastically. All the way to the USA Patriot Act to the newly founded Department of Homeland Security..These terror warnings are nothing but a tactic used by the United States government to make us have an "us v. them" mentality and living with fear that eats up our daily lives.

In today's political climate, fear is used as a means to control the populace. This is why they are saying that the only way security is ensured, some of our civil liberties have to be given up. We are sold a daily dose of fear and insecurity. We are told that unless we do as our government dictates, we are without protection against forces far greater than us all.

The media is also a direct influence towards the populace---obviously. Fear, like any human emotion, can be manipulated and directed by those who would seek to control others. It is being done before our very eyes and it seems to me that most Americans buy this illusion of fear and terror as if it was real.

top topics

join