It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Shadow figure Captured!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The paranormal group i am a member of is teamed with a German group who were recently doing an investigation in some tunnels. They have captured a very dark shadow figure on their camera.

On Saturday the 5th of February 2011, the "Paranormale Forschungsgruppe Niederrhein" (Paranormal Research Team Niederrhein)/Germany conducted an investigation in a Kasemate (which is the term used for an underground tunnel system or underground fortification) in the Kleve area. They have been requested to keep the location undisclosed for the time being.

ghostfinderuk.forumotion.com... (forum)
www.ghostfinder.co.uk... (main site)

Link to German teams site;
www.p-f-n.de...

As they were going back up, one of the members turned and took three photos.
The first one was without the use of a flash as seen here;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38247a3ca74a.jpg[/atsimg]

Then the second image was with the use of a flash and you can see the far end of this section of tunnel much better;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57edca02ac23.jpg[/atsimg]

And this last image shows a tripod where a camera was mounted and where the shadow figure appeared.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e296cbcd4c78.jpg[/atsimg]

This next image is a crop of the first image with no flash. i have adjusted the exposure to show the figure in the first picture.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cac92b7b19e.png[/atsimg]

This next image is a crop from the second picture where the shadow form was first spotted upon looking back on all the images captured;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cb852e26ac3.png[/atsimg]
and again cropped a bit more;
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dba0d242bec.png[/atsimg]

we have been told that they may very possibly have captured it on video as well, so we are eagerly waiting for any video footage to be posted up online soon..
this is a rather stunning image and we would all greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i've seen these #ers for myself believe it or not, they scare the # out of me, i'm thinking they're some type of entity from another dimension who can manifest for a short period of time

of course i'm typing about shadow people, the picture in question looks a lil fake, the figures i see are more liquid/smokey like if that makes any sense, this looks like a real person covered up in black
dont get me wrong, i'm not saying its 100% fake, theres a chance it could be real, but eh i dont wanna jump to any conclusions, i rather see the video

the more i look at this picture the more photoshopped it looks, why is darker than everything else, it seems really strange and out of place
edit on 8-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
wow S+F good job!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It definately looks like medieval clothing/soldier outfit, fits with the German location. I think its an active haunting. Ghosts can appear as a shadow or a white mist/ghost. Very neat photo

edit on 8-2-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Those were my thoughts too.. It is such a close resemblance to what you describe.

The density of it is also of great interest to us all. You can't see the tripod which might be in front or behind the shadow..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
anyone notice the other face? lower right hand corner?...I mean sorta lower, not way lower... hell I can't remember, look around.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

few questions. Why were they taking those pictures? Are these the only pics from this ghost hunt? Did the team go past that doorway? I have so many more question... Why am I the only person who views the images they recently took before leavng the location? Ah, video.. Ill wait. Its not that im skeptic, its that, why couldnt this be an actual person?
edit on 8-2-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
S&F i have always loved reading about shadow men, i have heard they are everything from demons to spirits to time travelers. anyone interested should check this site out. www.shadowpeople.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

We always take pictures on any investigation... just in case you catch something like this..
we do it for a couple of reasons, as I've just mentioned and also to document the locations we are in. It helps us build a case file for future reference and further study etc.

I doubt that these would be the only pictures of the entire site they were in, but why post up loads of shots of long tunnels? Although you could always get in touch with them and see if they'll load up all the pics somewhere.

We sometimes do a page of pictures of places we visit in order to give people an idea of the location we are in.

Many of us are "fingers crossed" that they have caught this on video... we're all holding our breath with anticipation for that

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Myself and five friends saw one in an old civil war era mansion. There is a large two story plantation house in my home town built before the civil war survived the south burnings. Also a few hundred feet away is a pre civil war cemetery hosting some of the first scots in Ga. The plantation is just creepy by any means old decaying statues in thwe woods and stuff like that just looks creepy. But there was never really any claims of it being haunted just old though I would not enter it even though it is a museum now. There is a little dirt road in front of the house that my friends and I always drive down at night just riding around. We were riding by and noticed that the lights upstairs were on and standing in the window was a dark black shadow shaped like a woman and it freaked us out. After about 30 minutes we met some more friends and some girls and told them we had seen a ghost. We loaded 10 people in a minivan went back down there and there it was again in a different window. No one lives there and it is closed except a few days a month for special occasions this is a link of the houseashantilly.org... but the pictures are not accurate is is not that picturesque except when my old lawn company used to come and clean it up.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I was going to post something about a shadow figure yesterday but didn't because it sounded crazy. But then I saw this post today so I'll share...

Yesterday I was outside feeding our dogs and when I came back in my 6 year old said he saw someone out there with me and asked if I saw him. He said he saw a "black shadow man". He said he was taller than me and he saw his head, shoulder and arm as he kinda leaned in near the window. He said he didn't see his face and that he was all black. He wasn't scared, but he wanted me to explain to him what he saw andbut I didn't have an answer. He said he was there and then he disappeared, he looked out the window and didn't see him anymore. I didn't know what it could be at first and I thought he was making it up but I could tell that he was very concerned and he insisted that he was telling me the truth.

I read somewhere that veil between different dimensions is thinning and that may have something to do with the magnetic fields (I don't know) but it would be interesting to see if there have been an increase of these types of sightings.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Its great that some of these questions are coming up , and quite rightly to, i have spoken to the group in question regarding the image that has been posted.

the more i look at this picture the more photoshopped it looks, why is darker than everything else, it seems really strange and out of place

I have been Investigating the paranormal for quite a number of years and have also seen things like this on a few ocassions, things often look out of place when you are dealing with the paranormal , i can assure you that this picture has not been edited in any way, i have all the data information from both images which indicates whether or not a picture has been tampered with.

This is just a little description of what actually happened as these images were taken.

The group had been in the tunnels where the firgure was photographed and had conduct several EVP sessions and also taken photographs, during this time they thought they had seen something move, but at the time thought it could have been trick of the light, as these images were taken the group were on there way up to the upper level, the rest of the group were already behind the person taking the picture , Gabi the team leader was the last person out of the tunnel and on her way out she decided to take these last photo's

They did not realize that they had caught theses images until they were reviewing the evidence after the investigation , as Extralien has already mentioned there is also some video evidence from one of the two static cameras that were placed at the end of the tunnel, one of the cameras i pointing to the spot where the person was standing with the stills camera and the other camera is pointing off right into the tunnel where the figure appears to be coming from, both static cameras were not operating with infrared light due to the fact that there was enough light present for the cameras to operate normally.

I think that it will be interesting to view the video footage and i am hoping that it will shed alot more light on the subject.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Great picture OP!

I am going to go ahead and say that this isn't your "typical" shadow person (if indeed this isn't just a random camera artifact). I can definitely see the outline of possibly pauldrons and/or the outline of a mail coif around this thing's "head." The shadow people that I have seen in my life (and those that many others have seen) have come one of two ways:

1) Misty black, with a monk's robe, hood up.

2) Solid black, with a trenchcoat, a fedora, and a very creepy smile (look at my avatar for reference).

Very interesting indeed. I'm excited for you guys to review the video tapes. Perhaps you'll catch something on that as well! Good luck!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

S & F.

Excellent post OP, thanks. That middle picture where the flash was used is downright creepy, and in fact resembles something I glanced for split second once, prompting me to haul butt and get my pistol. Never have seen it again.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
cool pic...ive seen them before!!

i had a shadow figure in my bar...he would appear after 2:00 am. one night there was a cop in my bar, and he saw it walking down the hallway...he kind of freaked and asked if we were alone

i said yes, then i asked "was it about 6'2" with a hat on?" he agreed. several other patrons had seen the figure as well

i never got a bad feeling from him (however my bar did recently burn down with me inside) search.wnep.com...
edit on 8-2-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In the third image, is that tripod at the end of the tunnel or is that a shadow of a tripod?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

That is a tripod.

If you look closely at the bottom right "leg" area of the shadow you can just make out that tripod leg sticking out.

It looks like we can just see it there, but I have not measured up exactly how far out tripod is away.

In the first picture it looks like the shadow had just formed, but this could be just because there was less light. Then you think, if there was less light then shouldn't the shadow look darker?

The first shadow pic also looks as though his legs have no formed or he's a few inches off the ground...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1972ian

thanks for the update mate..

I can't wait for the video.. going to be so interesting to see if anything has been caught on that or not.

The good thing is that we will see two camera flashes at the time the pics were taken and will give us an excellent marker.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I saw a small and very faint one, very briefly.

It was a thin sliver of shadow that stretched about three feet, was about 3 feet off the ground and was only about 5 inches at its thickest point.

Was an odd moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm wondering if there has been any curiosity toward the dark blob? on left side of the doorway in the first picture. It may not be a human figure, but it is certainly a "dark shadow" that seems to have no explanation. Just thought I'd point that out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join