It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA SOHO. Strange Circle Formation For 24 Hours! Febr, 2011. What is this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by RUSSO

I know i'm disrupting your thread but can you tell me how to embed the youtube vids?

When i insert the code between
it doesnt work, just brings up blank!!!

edit on 8/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
another thing that does interest me are things that don't move in a straight line
watch the video at these times 1.57/2.04/2.07 object appears then moves towards right then goes down!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/054a67b3e383.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bea8264ad5e0.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/315738076c79.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They are stars in the constellation Capricorn.

Here's a stellarium view of where the sun was 2011-02-07 (the timestamp on the video). Since SOHO is on the L1 point, it is between the earth and Sun so will have practically the same view of the background stars as earth does. The stars in question have been indicated:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af24e828b42b.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a map of Capricorn. The stars in question have been indicated:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a93d2a398e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Furthermore, if the guy who made the OP video would have looked a few days before and after the 24 period he showed in the video, he would have seen that the circle wasn't only there for 24 hours, but rather it was visible for over one week (the whole time that part of the sky was visible by SOHO's camera)....

...if you go to this page: sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

and click on "LASCO C3" in the image type, and put in a date range of 2011-02-02 through 2011-02-10 (then click "search"), you will see that the circle of stars is visible for that whole period of time -- first on the lower left, then moving right.

edit on 2/8/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When looking at these Soho images newcomers should be aware that they are prone to artifacts (and people trying to hoax them) which may look like something but are simply erroneous data.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: missing word

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

That looks like an intelligently controlled circle there Soylent, if not a bit shaky!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

That looks like an intelligently controlled circle there Soylent, if not a bit shaky!

With the "pencil" command in "Gimp", it isn't that easy to draw a nice circle...but it did the job

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Now that is weird. I think that it is very interesting for them to remain in that formation for such a long period of time...

Yeah! Even the Big Dipper has remained in formation for billions of years! Weird, eh?

Jeeez!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ooops! Double post!!

edit on 8-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Thank you very much for an intelligent reply and an explanation.

It seems as if some people like to exclaim that others don't know what they are looking at, instead of attempting in any way to explain it. I honestly did not know what I was looking at. I stated that in my first reply.

So once again, thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Here's a stellarium view of where the sun was 2011-02-07 (the timestamp on the video). Since SOHO is on the L1 point, it is between the earth and Sun so will have practically the same view of the background stars as earth does. The stars in question have been indicated:

Furthermore, if the guy who made the OP video would have looked a few days before and after the 24 period he showed in the video, he would have seen that the circle wasn't only there for 24 hours, but rather it was visible for over one week (the whole time that part of the sky was visible by SOHO's camera)....

and click on "LASCO C3" in the image type, and put in a date range of 2011-02-02 through 2011-02-10 (then click "search"), you will see that the circle of stars is visible for that whole period of time -- first on the lower left, then moving right.

That's perfect information! explains it perfectly. And a nice link to peruse too
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I agree that he is mistaking star groupings.

But was interests me is a object that does a right turn at around 6:42. Or close to it.

Interesting to say the least.

Rhain

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

But was interests me is a object that does a right turn at around 6:42. Or close to it.

Rhain

I'm not sure what you saw, but there is also a lot of background "noise" (mostly cosmic rays, I think). Maybe that's what you saw.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's just a group of stars.

Yeah I hate to say it, being a HUGE UFO fan, but those are stars.........

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

Rhain

Yes, just after the circle dims you see something turn around! (look top right of where the circle was)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Thank you very much for an intelligent reply and an explanation.

It seems as if some people like to exclaim that others don't know what they are looking at, instead of attempting in any way to explain it....

Respect to Soylent. Less so to those of you who were so critical without explaining.

Originally posted by defcon5
I truly, and with all my heart wish that NASA would make both SOHO and Stereo off line to anyone without at least a basic understanding of astronomy. That way we would not have to hear about an alien invasion EVERY TIME a planet, asteroid, comet, or other piece of debris passes between the satellite and the sun, and we would not have to hear about how the world was going to end EVERY TIME there is a Solar Flare, CME, it gets hit by solar wind, or fires a correction thruster...

Hey a guy can dream can't he?

Nothing but disrespect for that! Unbelievably inappropriate. How do you expect new members to learn from experienced ones with that irrelevant garbage? Nobody said a damn thing about any of that. You're a mod? Doh!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Bla, bla, bla... You were very helpful

So what is the cluster?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by defcon5

I know I should probably bite my tongue, but here goes.

I find that comment rude, insulting and downright degrading, especially coming from a moderator.

And I also find your post ...OFF TOPIC... did you contribute in any way to the OP? If you are knowledgeable on such things, it probably would have taken you less time to describe this than it would to type out the post that you did.

Now could you please tell us what it is we are looking at thank you.

I dont think he is a mod, is he?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

(I noticed: thread660666, heh)

Yeah, there is quite a lot going on up there. My intelligence is insulted every time I find more proof, be it through the Youtube or looking up at the night sky. They will never disclose what is actually happening, they will only attempt to make us afraid "them".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks, you solved the mistery
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Nice one! This is why I signed up here. I like a good UFO story as much as the next guy, and I have hapily been fooled my many a hoax, mis-interpretation and accidental misidentification.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join