It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ET signal found by SETI?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by 12voltz

This is the same plan they snookered Clinton with several years ago. "Big announcement coming by Pres. Clinton about alien life." It turned out to be possible microbes on an meteorite and then they retracted that statement. Now, again, they are saying, "well, maybe." It is part of the game plan. It has happen two or three times, the original life-on-Mars experiments by the 1970's Viking landers, more recently water on Mars, water on the Moon, water on Titan. No, wait! Maybe even worms in the bottoms of those oceans on Titan, etc. This "now you see 'em, now you don't" business is a very clever plan to get you thinking about the topic but to keep you on the fence with various conflicting official data.

It is a safe plan to get us up to speed. SETI always was. Finding signals way the hell out there in space many light years away is as safe as a place you can get to discover alien life. SETI is the epitome of Sagan's old standard line, Yes, they are out there, but no, they can't get here." So that makes it like going to see the lions at the zoo, safe.

if this was Facebook, I would "like" button this
my thoughts for many years now... well put.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Hawkings take on it was that we shouldn't announce ourselves.

Perhaps aliens aren't hippies (all peace & love & all that).

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by exdog5

Hawkings take on it was that we shouldn't announce ourselves.

Perhaps aliens aren't hippies (all peace & love & all that).

I understand that and truly hope extraterrestrial life forms are not all "spacey" but more "down to earth"

But seriously, I have no preconceived notion on intelligence levels in this area, I hope they are nothing close to humans in most aspects. I highly doubt they would be...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The chances that aliens use radio signals to communicate are even lower than them actually existing. Everything I've heard about how they communicate points toward telepathy. I mean come on, look at how many Phd. scientists are behind SETI and they've come up with the most childish idea for finding E.T.s that has been a huge waste of money. The science fiction value has proven limitless though.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mastermind4280

I do believe that sub space exist and that there must be a way that they can send information in way that travels beyond space and time I'm not a scientist , I've heard that electrons can act very strange and when they measured them they noticed that they can disappear and reappear miles away like they are leaving the existing world and come back again. miles away .Electrons you could say that these electrons are entering subspace? if you can put information in that electron then you maybe can send it beyond space and time? but that is just my speculation ?

Oh and to the task you put me on I have no idea?

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

i heard the same story like 4 months ago when is this seti actually goin to give some real answers....never

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

No they probably don't and ever will give any answers. I also sometimes think that this whole SETI operation is just to keep the public of their backs for what really happening behind the scenes! So they can say " don't you see we are doing everything to find intelligent life in the universe" Strategic Diversion , for instance why does it take so long to go back to the moon again? And if you ever caught Paul in you garden and tell them that you drink wiskey at local bar with him " they lock you up for ever and throw away the key!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by 12voltz

To give the illusion that the tax payers money is still worthy for the Seti project?

I don't know...from what I recall SETI was cut off from government (i.e. the American taxpayer) funding years ago and had been operating off of public/private donations ever since. FYI

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by 12voltz

To give the illusion that the tax payers money is still worthy for the Seti project?

I don't know...from what I recall SETI was cut off from government (i.e. the American taxpayer) funding years ago and had been operating off of public/private donations ever since. FYI

Do you really believe that?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
We humans create (electromagnetic) NOISE. This noise only spreads on a 200 light years ring around us, wich is an ultra-tiny distance even inside our own galaxy.

It would similar to find a cat eyeball marble inside our wardrobe just by reflections: unlikely.

Those two last sentences of the note proclaim there are lots of unusal signals out there. That's our only hope. Some technologically advanced civilization must be making some noise somewhere. Now we need to open our eyes and ears more and more to understand unusual signals or enhance them.

I am sure there's intelligent life out there. I mean, imagine in reverse: HOW SCARRY it would be to be the only civilized living creatures of the Universe......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I sure do. Politicians were involved, and they were more than happy to parade the fact that they were against "government waste" on such things like this to their sheeple (funny when you think what other things they still waste on, lol). Simply put, SETI doesn't get government money.

But they get support from government employees in other ways. SETI is good friends with many folks at NASA and even at the NSA, DARPA and the DOD. And they talk to each other as normal business colleges do. So there is a certain amount of information sharing that goes on between them for sure, but I doubt it has anything to do with aliens just yet.

The SETI program is based on sound, rational thought in my opinion. That is why I can't believe they have not found tons of signals yet. I believe our little galaxy is teaming with live, from all forms and at all development stages. That means, by my twisted logic, that there must be tons of civilizations at on time period that should be detectable by SETI. It does bother me that they have not found anything. Either life is more rare than I think, or there is indeed some sort of cover up. I have a hard time subscribing to the cover up because i don't think it is possible, so that leaves.......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

SETI is not run by the government. Thou if they ever find an alien signal, they give it to the government and they dont release it. Thats the plan.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
SETI is not run by the government. Thou if they ever find an alien signal, they give it to the government and they dont release it. Thats the plan.

The government(s) won't be able to keep it concealed forever if that's the case. We'll eventually find out somehow. What if we're naturally evolving to a state where we can perceive them more as the years pass? Disclosure might be done in spite of these muppets, not by them.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It makes one wonder if this announcement has anything to do with Hillary Clinton recalling all diplomats / consular officals for a meeting at the State Department.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No, it really doesn't actually.

I am a believer, first of all, that we have recently been or currently are being visited by extra-terrestrial/dimensional entities of some kind. I tend to believe they are part of our physical reality but are technologically advanced to a point difficult to comprehend. The reason I have this belief is because I have been a witness to some aerial phenomena I cannot begin to explain in terms of human engineering science. However, I don't confuse this belief with fact.

It is both unsafe and unwise to use unexplained events such as the one posted in this thread as a launching point for random speculation. It serves to make supportable those parties who call conspiracy theories, and those who support them, baseless and altogether mad. There are enough real conspiracies to keep us all busy for lifetimes, there is no need to wander off into conjecture, as is so oft the case with members of sites covering esoteric topics.
I find this signal very interesting but have seen no date attached to it, is this new, or is it old news? Other posters have asked this many times without answer, does anybody know the date this signal was captured?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I understand you logic on this I really do ,and I also want to believe that mankind has such an open mind on the universe. But when technology + minerals + alloys + carbons come in sight you know the outcome and that = money and that means power and that you need to control a planet. but also create new jobs in the final . well that is how I think the world turns I guess.

But if all those corporations working together so closely and are being fund by the taxpayers there would be probably be some left overs?

But any ways I will respect your view on this and hopefully I'm wrong!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I am sure there's intelligent life out there. I mean, imagine in reverse: HOW SCARRY it would be to be the only civilized living creatures of the Universe......

It would be so bored ! but on the other hand we all could have a planet of our own some day and play around like Adam and Eve did ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

They only communicate on certian frequencies which have encreption to prevent intercepts.

This is not a government signal in my opinion. This is not a frquency they would be using.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by planetzog

you're welcome

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I hope we find this signal again. otherwise this will be like the WOW signal. We have been searching where that was supposed to originate from and never observed it again.
Proof of intelligent extra terrestrial life would be the most important news of this century.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join