It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible ET signal found by SETI?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by 0bserver1

I believe they do that crap intentionally as a "social experiment" to gauge public reaction to such "news". Basically its like:

"Hey everyone we found an alien signal!!"

wait for it....waiiiiiit for iiiiit......

"Ok damn sorry that was just "Phil's" I-phone application screwing with us!" sorry everyone!! Back to work with you nothing to see here!

meanwhile back at NASA...

"see Ted there is no such thing as boredom around here at NASA!"

a-holes...

Yeah and I'm the clown who jumped right at the story

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

O no sorry about that lol i was refering to SaosinEngaged and agreeing with you

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjefffort

You're right that more plausible , Don't even want to think that I'm some kind of projection and soon they gonna change the tape!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is very intersting, i lok forward to following this more!! Thanks OP!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here is some relative info, part 2 can not be embedded and part 3 cannot be found

Here's part one and a link to part 2: Food for thought....

Part 2
WHo knows the truth, but I get the feeling some type of disclosure is still going to happen, but that's just my opinion.

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil
NASA trying to say this is most likely a GPS transmission? These are the so-called smartest people on earth and this is the best story they can spout to the masses?....

So if SETI, who only search 1420 Mhz, found a signal, then it was at this frequency, not that of GPS or any terrestrial/orbital transmitting equipment...

Strange that NASA don't mention any of this in their wording? Maybe they just forgot to mention it?

That's not to say it's an alien civilization though, no proof of that in the signal. (unfortunately)

Right on, the are cunning indeed , But to forget such important thing would be out of the question right?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

But how many billion years does the universe exist was 13.5 billion years recently news came out that the stars in our galaxy quadrupled . They now find with that kepler telescope lots of habitable planets that could harbor live as we know it, No we are being kept in the dark. thats what I think

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As someone else has mentioned what is the date for this signal? Is there any evidence that this is a new signal?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

they found a habitable planet just around the corner 40 light years away so if we have to leave earth we have place to go to , and its not so hot 400 degrees, what! 400 degrees ? than you can leave your microwave and barbecue at home you don't need those
what a guy ,its on 7:22 minutes!
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Can you elaborate on that ? on how you came to that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that SETI is now 100% privately funded. The original SETI program, which was government funded, was canceled in the mid-90's and the SETI League was set up in 1994 to raise money privately for the ongoing project. Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, is a major sponsor.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I heard Avatar was based on the planet Gliese which is right out our solar system maybe they really are Blue Aliens on that planet. That would seem like a likely spot to point there antenaes and listen, hopefully the Navi have radios

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Greetings Everyone....This is my first post/reply ever on a forum....so bare with me plz.

I just wanted to say that it's verry interesting and that, i would think that most any signal we might get from another intelegence soo far away would most likely come through sub-space, cuz it's faster....i believe thats how our gov. comunitcates with it's ufo's without anyone intercepting them...in short ..we are looking in the wrong place.

Dr. Michio Kaku said somthing along the lines of a guy loosing his key's, so they guy went to the light and looked for his keys and his friend said why are u over there looking for your keys..you droped them over here...the guy replies b/c this is where the light is.

I got a challenge for you guys.....i rember a long time ago i saw a clip on tv.... about a guy who proved sub-space existed by, sending sound through a device with lil horn like things on the ends...your better then me if u can find the vid g/l

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
At the risk of becoming repetitive....
Is there any evidence that this is a new signal?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-2-2011 by Mastermind4280 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I really dont understand why this seti project is even still going,even nasa astronauts have said that the aliens are already here

Because if the revelation does not come in bite sized chuncks we risk a planet wide meltdown. Human egos are pretty fragile so we need to build-up to the truths of our reality.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

they debunk it because they don't want to come out and say, yeah this is Alien. It would be bad science or it would be similar to religion to simply state "we can't identifiy it so it must be Alien er God er Alien"...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermind4280

I've always felt we were looking for ET signals in all of the wrong places, or more like trying pick up satellite TV with a tennis shoe, such is our current method.

It seems all my searches are flooded with star trek and BDSM uses of the term "subspace", oddly enough. I'm still looking though.
edit on 8-2-2011 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thepainweaver

It is highly likely that an advanced society would find radio signals of too low a bandwidth to be useful. As you raise the frequency of the carrier, you are able to encode more data into it.

The other thing is that as you raise the frequency, the signal becomes more directional and is attenuated by smaller & smaller particles, so the chances of us "picking up" their signal amidst the enourmity of space becomes significantly less and less (by orders of magnitude).

That's the problem with SETI. We'd only get their signals if they were actively sending them or they were as technologically challenged as we are.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Seti and Seth Shostak is nothing but a distraction to make people think the government is actively searching for life in the universe. I attended a speaking engagement with Seth Shostak at a local college and left with the feeling he was a complete and utter #sshole. He totally ignores credible UFO cases, shows slides of fake UFO's he's created and tries to convince his audience that all UFO photos are fake. He's so ignorant on the subject, you can tell he's done little or no research on credible UFO cases. It really makes you wonder if he's taken a course on how to dis inform the general public. Although the SETI project is now under private control, I still question why he's even employed with the SETI project.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join