It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Republican lawmaker: Time to 'empty the clip' on illegal immigration

page: 5
10
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


I wonder if mind spin has ever looked into the groups that back illegal immigration?The modern-day Aztlan movement has been criticized as racist and anti-American, a form of ideological "reconquista" that is replete with anti-White and anti-American rhetoric, and in some cases, calls to overthrow the American government, and even to exterminate White Americans.[12][13][14][15][16]

The claim by some Chicano activists of entitlement to roughly the southwestern third of the United States[17] (on the grounds that, allegedly, this area was once dominated by Aztecs and should therefore be returned) has been critiqued as being founded upon historical inaccuracies. Whether or not territories north of Mexico were once part of an Aztec homeland, the Aztec empire at the time of the arrival of the Spanish conquistadors was vastly smaller than legendary Aztlan, and was confined to what is now southern Mexico. Its area at that time totaled no more than 20% of modern-day Mexico, with no area at all within what is now the United States.[18][19] What would eventually become the western and southwestern United States was, at the time, inhabited by a wide variety of Native American tribes - including the Shoshone, Ute, Hopi, Navajo, and Apache - but not Aztecs.[20][21] This invalidates modern claims on the part of Chicano radicals that any part of the U.S. constitutes a part of the Aztec homeland, at least not within recent centuries.

And while it is true that much of the western United States was formerly part of Mexico, these territories came under Mexican rule due not to Aztec habitation but because of Spanish (European) conquest of those territories, now commonly referred to as New Spain or Colonial Mexico.[22] Only later, after the overthrow of the Spanish government in Mexico, did these territories become part of an independent Mexican nation.




posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just for clarification,

It's called a magazine....not a clip.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


Again comprehension comes into play.. Here I thought it was ignorance, and its been comprehension this whole time..

I said "ILLEGAL" wow some people.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio
 

I didn't get that impression at all reading through the comments. In fact, many were quite pro-illegal immigration and decrying conditions and such. Many others were not as nice. I didn't count, but this is close to an accurate sampling.


mjcc1987 wrote:
So, when someone is shot for being a possible illegal, we can charge you with Domestic Terrorism?

Democrat wrote:
Some statements made by Mr. Beason were not very tasteful. Remember, Mr. Beason you were not elected by just republicans. Many of those votes were democrats who split their tickets

Garnet wrote:
Sounds like true republican Christian family values at work. Hate your fellow man and even innocent children. We are all created in God's image. I, as a Christian welcome these people and hope we can help each other as fellow human beings. And, I agree that Mr. Beason owes somebody an apology. God will judge us all someday.

magyart wrote:
Visit the NumbersUSA and the ALIPAC websites and help fight illegal immigration. We need federal E-Verify legislation to force all employers to verify social security numbers. Help get this done.

ProudAmerican wrote:
Beason ended his speech by advising Republicans to “empty the clip, and do what has to be done”
Inflammatory, stupid and ignorant. Wonder who cuts his grass?



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
He's just another moron in a long line of morons, trying to convince other morons to grab a gun and shoot innocent people point blank.

This country really is going to hell thanks to people like him.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by MindSpin
 


Comprehension skills?

The comments are overwhelmingly AGAINST illegal immigration, and the comments that are angry with his words, make statements like "So I see racism is still thriving in the south"...

Get facts straight before you spread lies!


Well...I'll just let the comments speak for themselves then. I'm sure you will come up with some excuse though even after all these examples.


I am just wandering how can a man who says in his website that he is a member of Gardendale’s First Baptist Church. Can always speak with so much hate when speaking about the children of the undocumented immigrants.



Beason ended his speech by advising Republicans to “empty the clip, and do what has to be done”

Inflammatory, stupid and ignorant. Wonder who cuts his grass?



'Empty the clip. Do what has to be done'? Against who? Anyone who doesn't look 'American' or anyone who isn't Republican?

This man should be arrested for promulgating domestic terrorism.



So, when someone is shot for being a possible illegal, we can charge you with Domestic Terrorism?



Some statements made by Mr. Beason were not very tasteful. Remember, Mr. Beason you were not elected by just republicans. Many of those votes were democrats who split their tickets



Sounds like true republican Christian family values at work. Hate your fellow man and even innocent children. We are all created in God's image. I, as a Christian welcome these people and hope we can help each other as fellow human beings. And, I agree that Mr. Beason owes somebody an apology.



'Beason ended his speech by advising Republicans to “empty the clip, and do what has to be done”.'

The guy should apologize to Congresswoman Giffords, Christina Taylor Green and everyone else who had a clip emptied toward them in Arizona. Can't blow this off as playing to the GOP crowd.
It was unneeded rhetoric too soon after a tragedy. Bad form Beason. Hope our Cullman Reps have enough sense to distance themselves from hate speech.




So can you point out the "comprehension" problem I am having??? People are clearly angry at his comments...you can deny it all you want...but it won't change the fact that people are angry at him for what he said.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Why did you cut out the one in between the 3rd and 4th talking about Illegal students getting free lunches that are denied to legal residents?

That was some slick propaganda by removal.. Your learning quickly.. You'll make a great politician one day.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by MindSpin
 


Again comprehension comes into play.. Here I thought it was ignorance, and its been comprehension this whole time..

I said "ILLEGAL" wow some people.



Maybe it is not a comprehension problem on my end...but a problem with you trying to clearly and concisely convey your thoughts???

You are a bit ranty and angry...have been since the begining of this thread...insults, running from the discussion, and now more insults.

Take a deep breath...form a coherent and logical argument...and take your time to write it out.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


You cherry picked.. So be it.. Who really cares.. My give a damn has left the building. Arguing with you 2 is like running in the special olympics.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
Freedom of Speech comes with responsibilities - You are not Free to shout 'Fire' in a crowded theater when there is no fire.


You're right. There are Exceptions to Free Expression as determined by the Supreme Court in previous cases. They are:

Defamation
Causing Panic
Fighting words
Incitement to Crime
Sedition
Obscenity

The only possible exception this could fit under in the wildest of imaginations would be Incitement to Crime.

If you want the Dutch cartoonist to be "free" to draw pictures of Mohammad as an expression of the First Amendment, then you'd better think twice about calling this simple phrase uttered against a POLICY problem "incitement to crime".



There is a well-established legal definition of incitement to violence, and it involves three parts (1) that the person is directly being encouraged (or “incited”) to commit some act of violence, and (2) there is a clear and present danger that the person will commit the act, and (3) that the person does, in fact, commit the act.


Source

There's no way that this Senator's speech even came close.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf
 



I wonder if mind spin has ever looked into the groups that back illegal immigration?The modern-day Aztlan movement has been criticized as racist and anti-American, a form of ideological "reconquista" that is replete with anti-White and anti-American rhetoric, and in some cases, calls to overthrow the American government, and even to exterminate White Americans


It's a good thing I haven't been advocating those groups then...huh?

There are idiots on both sides...in any situation there are always idiots on both sides.

That doesn't mean that I support those idiots even if I happen to be on the same side. I won't try to defend stupid remarks or actions that those groups make just because we are on the same side.

Unlike many in this thread desperately trying to defend what this guy said just because they are the same side of the issue as he is.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by MindSpin
 


You cherry picked.. So be it.. Who really cares.. My give a damn has left the building. Arguing with you 2 is like running in the special olympics.



Ummm....yeah...I picked the ones that are angry at him about the comments he made. Because that is what I said...that there are many comments on there that are angry at his comments.

I never said there weren't comments on that article that were against illegal immigration...I said "many" comments were angry about his comments.


I'm sorry that you are upset from being shown that you are wrong that there weren't people angry at him.

But go ahead, continue with the insults and run away...seems to be your standard response.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


He refers to Hispanics directly in his apollogy because groups like La Raza like to equate any mention of illegal immigration as an attack on all Hispanics. This has become a common ploy. Remember how they use to always atack Lou Dobbs as racist when he mentioned illegal immigration?

So, you have to differentiate the two or face even more pointless attacks.




Did you not read any of the articles that said he just got done telling a "joke" about how "armed southerners" handle problems? That they "empty the clip" when confronted with a mugger, unlike democrats that just talk to them or a republican that only takes one shot?


Actually what he was refereing to was how southerners react when they feel threatened, or feel like someone is illegally trying to take something from them while causing harm.

What he was saying is, "when confronted with an illegal threat a southerner will use the strongest tool to deal with the situation and will ensure that he uses all the powers and resources of that tool to completely remove the problem."

By going on to mention illegal immigration he was saying, "as lawmakers we need to take the same approach to illegal immigration. We have the tools to make it an unatractive proposition for illegal aliens to come to Alabama. So, we need to use the full power and resources of our office to handle this issue."

That is what the average southerner hears when they read what he said. But, shhh we need to keep pretending that it was something else. We have to keep pretending that people are too stupid to understand and decipher language. All he did was take a much longer set of sentences and cut them down to something easily understood by all in the room. The people in the room didn't need the long explination, they understood what was said based on their shared experiences, and linguistic variance.




You do realize that there are many people upset over this right...not just me?


Yes I do. However, you are the one making the argument here on ATS. I also believe they are just as wrong in their position. A lot of people will latch on to these words to make political hay. They are only outraged in so far as it pushes an agenda.

I also understand you are not a racist. It was an intentional attempt to show you how people can take a simple statement and blow it all out of proportion. It shows how easily people can take your words and twist them in to something completely artificial.
edit on 8-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: touch up some spelling

edit on 8-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
I don't really care what the "locals" think about what he said...

Yep .. ignore what he was saying .. ignore who he was saying it to .. ignore the meaning of what he was saying .. and interject your own interpretation while ignoring the facts. Oh how freak'n brilliant.


Originally posted by MindSpin
I'm an American citizen...born and raised...and I'm offended by his statement.

Because you chose to ignore the facts and prefer to be 'offended'.
It's YOUR problem .. created by YOU .. in your own mind .. because you ignore the facts.


Anyone who is 'offended' by this is in that state because they wish to be. They are either left wing and see the word 'republican' so they automatically are going to be against it, or they refuse to see the truth of the matter .. that it was just a local way of speech to a local bunch in a small town in the middle of nowhere Alabama.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I totally agree. Their are those who are always looking for to blame or throw people under the bus. A person can take almost anything anyone says and twist it into something to make ego's flare and point out how great they are and wrong everyone else it.
edit on 8-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In my opinion, the whole "political correctness" crap is out of control. The simple fact is someone can, and usually will get ticked off over something someone says, PERIOD. The mere issue that i have to look out for another persons race, mental stability, political alignment before i say whatever is just retarded. If people cant take responsibility for their own actions, there are right places to point fingers....ie society, parents, environment. But that doesnt make for good news or good money padding lawsuits so lets keep shoving the PC thing down peoples throats. Yes i have a verbal filter and i know how to engage it and usually do when the moment warrants it. But walking on eggshells to appease EVERYONE is seriously irritating me.

The man said something and it doesnt matter if hes left, right, black, white, right or wrong, he said it. If someone goes and kills someone else because of it, why is he at fault. Might as well get ticked at the gun manufacturer for making the item the killer uses, makes just about as much sense as condeming sarah palin's gunsights for jared loughners insanity.

My .02¢

Silver



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio
 


To annoy you.

Actually because it was too long and that was a sampling. I still disagree with your analysis.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn
 





....Cut the head off the beast and move forward. Oh, I'm sorry. Was that offensive or politically incorrect?


Thank you. I am so frecken sick and tired of the politically correct crap.

WE are SUPPOSED to have freedom of speech but the wackos have even taken Mark Twain, someone who had a *Snip* as the only honorable man in on of his stories, and translating it into "politically correct speak" so it is "acceptable" as a novel in out dumbed down schools systems.

THAT is not Mark Twain! That is not education!

The sixties and equal rights were three generations ago GET OVER IT!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/9/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0
 

I liked your .02. Makes sense.

Yours, too, BH.

It's kinda crazy though how some people interpret being politically incorrect and simply come off as rude, going to the opposite extreme. That's not great either.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join